Hi,

I tried  to convert a follower mod from LE to SE.

I checked several video tutorial too.

Basically I did this:

I opened the .esp file in the Creation Kit SE.

I changed a file's name. I saved the file. Exit.

I reopened the file. I changed the name to previous, original name of that file. Then, I saved/exited.

Then, I used SSE Nif Optimizer for the mesh files.

I selected their folder. Run it.

I ran it separately for head-part, after I selected "head-parts only" option selected.

Right now, all of .nif files have "User Version 12, and User Version 2 : 100".

I checked the face mesh had also.

It looks weird.

EmmaNifSkopeSE-1.jpg.6cbf7d2c8f1fe24b8294557d8e8224c0.jpg EmmaNifSkopeSE-2.jpg.755f3ada3e3864e06a66cfda73330fbf.jpg

I tried by using "Cathedral Assets Optimizer". I got the same result. Same weird face.

Then, I imported the new files in my SE data folder.

In the game, the follower's all body parts were in somewhere else.

I couldn't figure out why this problem occurs.

The follower has HDT .xml lines on her body .nif files. It uses SexLab, SOS, Sexab Aroused by default.

Here they are some screenshots:

20231127033912_1-2.jpg.f2410d6bed012fb2fcdea210e13028be.jpg 20231127034002_1-2.jpg.a3f39da4911077d90c058cf9f82e1f29.jpg 20231127033956_1-2.jpg.a4012feab4c5f7f9b7c0c61a3ba12c2a.jpg

If you can help me anyway, I'll really appreciate...

Thank You...

Not sure I've ever seen anything like this before but:

1. I'd ignore the head mesh, unless its also broken in-game which it does not appear to be. Plan B would be to rebuild the facegen files in the CK, but this comes with its own challenges: All mods used to build the original face must be present when rebuilding it, otherwise the result is going to be different, this includes: meshes and textures.
  2. The body looks like it has an offset issue, or rather, a skeleton (bone length, bone position) issue. What does the body mesh look like in NifSkope? Compare its position on the grid to a body mesh you know is good, like the base CBBE body.
  3. The legacy (HDT) PE extradata nodes do nothing in the mesh, but I'd clean them up regardless. But just to be sure, disable both (HDT) SMP and CBPC when debugging stuff like this, they're easy to disable and do nothing but complicate things at this point.

Edit: Actually that body looks like most of the weightpainting is gone. The sitting animation has no effect on the legs for instance. Have a look at the body mesh in Outfit Studio (load it as an outfit or whatever), see if it has weightpainting on all polygons.

Edited by traison
5 hours ago, traison said:

1. I'd ignore the head mesh, unless its also broken in-game which it does not appear to be. Plan B would be to rebuild the facegen files in the CK, but this comes with its own challenges: All mods used to build the original face must be present when rebuilding it, otherwise the result is going to be different, this includes: meshes and textures.
  2. The body looks like it has an offset issue, or rather, a skeleton (bone length, bone position) issue. What does the body mesh look like in NifSkope? Compare its position on the grid to a body mesh you know is good, like the base CBBE body.
  3. The legacy (HDT) PE extradata nodes do nothing in the mesh, but I'd clean them up regardless. But just to be sure, disable both (HDT) SMP and CBPC when debugging stuff like this, they're easy to disable and do nothing but complicate things at this point.

Edit: Actually that body looks like most of the weightpainting is gone. The sitting animation has no effect on the legs for instance. Have a look at the body mesh in Outfit Studio (load it as an outfit or whatever), see if it has weightpainting on all polygons.

Hi,

The body is BHUNP. It needs BodySlide.

The body, outfit look fine in NifSkope.

I don't know what is "weight painting". If the problem is about weight painting, how can I correct it?

Cheers...

7 hours ago, traison said:

Hi,

I disabled (uninstalled from all profiles) these mods:

HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics) 2.11

FSMP - Faster HDT-SMP 2.0.4-beta1

Guess what.

The follower was as it has to be.

20231127204626_1-2.jpg.91e59cfec0733982c76d769723fbb677.jpg 20231127204731_1-2.jpg.6179083c04e8354a5c31a03075d23d7b.jpg

So,

From now on, what do I have to do next?

For example, if I want to use HDT animations (like bouncing boobs/butts, waving hair, etc...), which one I have to use?

If this "HDT-SMP (Skinned Mesh Physics)" caused the problem, why is that?

What mod can I use instead of HDT-SMP?

Cheers...

As far as I know, FSMP replaces SMP, so no need to have both installed. FSMP is the only one I'd use.

I can't really help with the specifics since all my physics presets are self-made, however, your journey starts here:

1. Locate the defaultBBPs.xml file and determine if it applies any presets to the body mesh.
  2. List all meshes currently used by the actor (or assume just the body as that's the most likely one), and:
    1. Open each in NifSkope.
    2. Locate the NIStringExtraData node called "HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Object".
    3. Note down the preset its refering to.
  3. Go through all presets you've found and determine which of the values is messing up the body.

Some ideas for finding the problem faster:

1. Remove the "HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Object" node from the mesh and disable all relevant entries in defaultBBPs.xml while keeping FSMP installed, just to make sure its one of the physics presets doing it.
  2. Delete all bone elements from a preset to see if the problem goes away. This way you can tell which file (if there's multiple) the problem is in.
  3. The problem itself may stem from the mesh having multiple physics presets applied to it. Its not a good idea to have multiple presets affect the same bone.

And just to make sure: create backups of files you alter, it speeds up work, and lets you undo your changes easily - even if the state you restore is a non-functioning one.

58 minutes ago, traison said:

As far as I know, FSMP replaces SMP, so no need to have both installed. FSMP is the only one I'd use.

I can't really help with the specifics since all my physics presets are self-made, however, your journey starts here:

1. Locate the defaultBBPs.xml file and determine if it applies any presets to the body mesh.
  2. List all meshes currently used by the actor (or assume just the body as that's the most likely one), and:
  3. Go through all presets you've found and determine which of the values is messing up the body.

1. Remove the "HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Object" node from the mesh and disable all relevant entries in defaultBBPs.xml while keeping FSMP installed, just to make sure its one of the physics presets doing it.
  2. Delete all bone elements from a preset to see if the problem goes away. This way you can tell which file (if there's multiple) the problem is in.
  3. The problem itself may stem from the mesh having multiple physics presets applied to it. Its not a good idea to have multiple presets affect the same bone.

And just to make sure: create backups of files you alter, it speeds up work, and lets you undo your changes easily - even if the state you restore is a non-functioning one.

In the femalebody that I use, the settings are little bit different.

Emma_BHUNP_UNPB_femalebody_1.jpg.75b319a5050948419ed488af961773b8.jpg

As you can see, there is "HDT Havok Path".

There are 5 Num Strings:

Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtFingers.xml

Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtVagina.xml

Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml

Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdt3bbb.xml

Data\SKSE\Plugins\hdt.xml

In my Data\SKSE\Plugins folder, I just have hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml file.

I don't know where to get other files.

I can delete HDT Havok Path.

I tried that before. It wasn't helpful.

Because I deleted the NiStringsExtraData at 1, and I didn't repair the nif file, it might cause some problem.

I'll try to find the .nif files without that HDT Havok Path.

I checked Faster FPS. There is no hdtfingers.xml, hdt,xml, hdtvagina.xml, hdt3bbb.xml.

Where can I get them?

5 hours ago, traison said:

How about you upload the body mesh here so I can have a look at it.

I created to femalebody .nif files that are originally made for SE.

So, they're not converted from LE.

Maybe, you would like to check them too.

I just assigned the .dds file location.

I created BHUNP to "UNPB" Vaginaless BHUNP body. Because, UNPB was better for the outfits and UNP that was required for SOS.

Emma_BHUNP_UNPB_femalebody.7z

3 hours ago, traison said:

Because of the femalebody that I've used has HDT-PE .xml files, there is no such "HDT Skinned Mesh Physics Object" NiStringExtraData.

The only thing that I have is "HDT Havok Path".

I added that by myself.

After installing Faster FPS, I noticed hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs folder in SKSE\Plugins folder.

I don't know if it'll work or compatible with the follower mod(s) that I want to convert.

Another thing...

During the installation of Faster FPS, I got warning messages "it's not compatible with VR, it's not compatible with 1.5.97". Actually, the game is compatible with 1.5.97. I didn't understand.

I have lots of things to learn about SE.

PS: I'm gonna try another font. Maybe, this time I'll find a good one that doesn't cause any problem.

Cheers...

19 hours ago, traison said:

The NPC NiNode looks suspicious. Compared to 3BAv2 and BHUNP v3.10 its an obvious difference. I'd try to flatten that, so that it matches the other bodies better.

I have  question about using animation like HDT.

I don't have a high-end PC.

I removed all of HDT-SMP, and/or other similar/related mods.

For a while, my follower's body looked normal.

My question is:

If someone asks to use it with an animation mod like HDT-SMP or a similar one, what can I suggest? What will happen if I install HDT-SMP? Will I have again the same weird body on the follower? I checked BHUNP. It requires HDT-SMP. The body that I've used has based on the same .nif.

Logically, it has to work with HTD-SMP.

Maybe, the problem is that I what to use it for NPC, not for PC.

Maybe, another reason.

Cheers...