I'm Stuck and I Need Help

Hi all. Im new here and to modding FO4 outside of what I did on my Xbox. Ive followed the instructions of "The Fucking Guide" to the letter. I've installed F4SE correctly. I've added the archive to my ini file. Used xSE PluginPreloader to edit the load method. but I'm STILL getting either a constant black loading screen on loading a new game or getting the $NO_F4SE error on loading an old game.

Ive been at this for 2 days now and I'm at the end of my rope. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-11-25 214406.png

42 minutes ago, gundam94 said:

No, I haven't started a vanilla game and gotten out of the vault. But I can do that.

You need to do this before installing any mods

Do I need to launch FO4 via F4SE or vanilla Steam?

Vanilla launch - Fallout4.exe

use Fallout4.exe to launch the game

play until you exit the vault

Quit game

This will set the base Preferences and ini files for the game.

After this, you can install mods and then launch the game via F4SE.

Be warned, if you don't have Buffout 4 installed, achievements will be disabled.

Follow The Fucking Manual and install what you need for AAF

Launch game via F4SE, test to make sure AAF is properly installed and working.

then start adding other mods, starting a new game and testing to be sure all is working before continuing on. 

After looking at your log, I saw you have an Atomic Muscle Looksmenu patch installed, but I didn't see any Atomic Muscle plugins.  I don't use that body mod, but aren't there supposed to be some plugins associated with it, like maybe AM Skingen.esp?  That patch is probably looking for a missing master.

11 hours ago, travelmedic said:

After looking at your log, I saw you have an Atomic Muscle Looksmenu patch installed, but I didn't see any Atomic Muscle plugins.  I don't use that body mod, but aren't there supposed to be some plugins associated with it, like maybe AM Skingen.esp?  That patch is probably looking for a missing master.

That might be it. I thought I had downloaded the master file for Atomic Muscle. I'll double check it when I get home.

Thank you!

On 11/29/2023 at 1:13 PM, travelmedic said:

It says I'm missing MaleBodies_AMPatch.esm

6 hours ago, gundam94 said:

It says I'm missing MaleBodies_AMPatch.esm

So there are probably three causes:

1 - you just don't have it (least likely).  Go to the Atomic Muscle web page and look there

2 - you have it as part of the Atomic Muscle mod you already have installed with MO.  Double click Atomic Muscle in the left window, and in the popup, look for the Optional ESPs tab.  If it shows up to the left under "Optional" you need to move it to the right under "Available" and then make sure it's checked in the main right window.  Not having used Atmoic Muscle, you might need to re-install it if it had a FOMOD installer that let you pick options.  This is a very likely scenario.

3 - if "Male Bodies AM Patch" already shows up under Available ESPs, make sure it's checked in the right side MO window.  If it's there but not checked, it won't load.  Also very likely.

I would go back to the Atomic Muscle mod page and read the directions there very carefully, just to make sure you have everything you're going to need.

Edited by travelmedic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 2:52 PM, travelmedic said:

So there are probably three causes:

1 - you just don't have it (least likely).  Go to the Atomic Muscle web page and look there

2 - you have it as part of the Atomic Muscle mod you already have installed with MO.  Double click Atomic Muscle in the left window, and in the popup, look for the Optional ESPs tab.  If it shows up to the left under "Optional" you need to move it to the right under "Available" and then make sure it's checked in the main right window.  Not having used Atmoic Muscle, you might need to re-install it if it had a FOMOD installer that let you pick options.  This is a very likely scenario.

3 - if "Male Bodies AM Patch" already shows up under Available ESPs, make sure it's checked in the right side MO window.  If it's there but not checked, it won't load.  Also very likely.

I would go back to the Atomic Muscle mod page and read the directions there very carefully, just to make sure you have everything you're going to need.

Thank you for your help. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, life has gotten in the way and honestly...this has been so fucking frustrating that I had to walk away for a little bit for I just gave up entirely.

Unfortunately NOTHING has worked. 

So I've given up on Atomic Muscle and moved onto Body Talk. But now I'm back to getting (I think) the same crash error as before: https://pastebin.com/jnWmmLk1

This is my load order:

Screenshot 2023-12-15 162926.png

I also used BT3 and it worked well for me.

I've never used that NPC Male Bodies mod and had to go look at it on Nexus.  First off, I don't think you need it, but I have an idea of the issue.  There are many different versions of NPC Male Bodies available for download.  You seem to have the one for Atomic Muscle installed, and not the version for BT3.  Your load order on Pastebin shows a "Male Bodies-AM Patch" or something like that, which is only part of the AM version of Male Bodies.

If you're going to use BT3, first get rid of the AM version of NPC Male Bodies, or at least rename it and uncheck it in the left window.  Then go download and install the proper BT3 version of NPC Male Bodies and try that. 

Re: crashing, as noted, you are probably missing a master, file or patch. If you are relatively new to modding or time short, I suggest you install wabbajack (https://www.wabbajack.org/), which is an automated mod installation program, and install the Fallout 4 Modding Essentials list (https://www.wabbajack.org/search/FO4ME/FO4ME) by Gozer.

This will automate the installation of a small stable list and provide you with a platform to install additional mods (with care). I would also uninstall the High res DLC as it is pretty useless.

As an unrelated note, why use CBBE and zex, that is like sticking a V8 inside a Honda Civic.