Is power armor a possibility ?

Well, Fallout PA is just a race change and an outfit. You're basically a werewolf dressing up as a human for Halloween. So I can't see why that wouldn't work in Starfield.

That said, transplanting it is probably a no-no. Using assets from one game in another of their games is something the EULA explicitly prohibits[1] and one of the red lines that they do in fact take seriously, with lawyers and takedowns and that sort of thing.

Doesn't mean we couldn't replicate PA of course, but it's a lot of work to replicate the animation when you get to the suit. And if you're not going to do that, you might as well have an armored spacesuit and a hacked boost pack for extra fuel.

[1] Least it always did in the earlier games. I've not done my usual careful reading of the Starfield licence.

Bethesda does have a habit of leaving in code remnants from earlier games, and there are a number of community made power armor frames and armors that do not use Bethesda's assets from Fallout 4 or 76, so it might be possible for someone to re-engineer a power armor system into Starfield but we might need the creation kit to have a better idea of the records and all the little things to make it happen, and depending on what Beth has done with this iteration of the Creation Engine we may even need to utilize script extender functionality, not to mention a way of adding new animations for things.

On 11/22/2023 at 11:01 AM, Kit Nova said:

Bethesda does have a habit of leaving in code remnants from earlier games, and there are a number of community made power armor frames and armors that do not use Bethesda's assets from Fallout 4 or 76, so it might be possible for someone to re-engineer a power armor system into Starfield but we might need the creation kit to have a better idea of the records and all the little things to make it happen, and depending on what Beth has done with this iteration of the Creation Engine we may even need to utilize script extender functionality, not to mention a way of adding new animations for things.

There are a lot of remnants of Fallout in Starfield.esm.  Skyrim too:  I found a bunch of holidays in there like the Emperor's Birthday, and all the Skyrim schools of magic.  And yes, there are references to power armor.

But there are differences in how certain things are handled, and a lot of data that hasn't been figured out yet.  Plus differences in nifs, meshes and morphs.  I'm sure someone will eventually replace spacesuits with power armor ('cause they are basically the same thing), but it will be a while yet.