[iDEA] Falsely Accused

There are several nice prison mods, but I find it hard to immersively be put behind bars considering I don't roleplay a maniac (and petty crimes lead to 1-2 days sentence, but most of the time you just pay a guard).

So the idea is to create believable events (instead of just a random bounty or tax) that lead to serious accusations. Examples:

1. PC finds an expensive item (weapon, armor, jewelry, etc.) in a dungeon or loots it from a body, then goes to a town to sell it, but gets stopped by guards who interrogate PC about this item, because apparently it was stolen from the Jarl or another important person. Then depending on some factors (speech skill, fame, luck) you get out of the situation or not (can go to jail with a high bounty or worse, depending on the mods).

2. PC finds a dead body (can be in a town or on a road), but unfortunately there are guards nearby and no other witnesses, so you have to prove you are not the murderer or face the consequences.

3. Corrupt guards "find" skooma or another forbidden item in your inventory. You know you didn't have it, but who will believe you? Skyrim is a harsh place, especially for female characters ;]

It's just an idea which may or may not be implemented by someone, but I feel like Skyrim lacks a mod like that, especially when you have a setup that is not friendly (to say the least) to a player character^^

1 hour ago, ?????? 1627 said:

SexLab Body Search   Something like that ?  At random, you are searched and , if you are found in possession of stolen property ( Lockpicks are already enough ) you end up straight shot in jail

Yeh, but in that mod you need to possess illegal items. What I mean is some corrupt guards can "find" illegal items you don't have in your inventory, or find an expensive item and question its legality, so if you don't even steal anything and don't take drugs, then there is still a chance you can get in trouble (and in jail).

55 minutes ago, Vigor said:

Yeh, but in that mod you need to possess illegal items. What I mean is some corrupt guards can "find" illegal items you don't have in your inventory, or find an expensive item and question its legality, so if you don't even steal anything and don't take drugs, then there is still a chance you can get in trouble (and in jail).

Ok its not exactly what you want but if you combine body search with: <https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75425> you get a lite version of being falsely accused. But honestly this is a fun idea. Not really something that would fit being a separate mod but maybe an addon or a patch for body search.

38 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

Ok its not exactly what you want but if you combine body search with: <https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75425> you get a lite version of being falsely accused. But honestly this is a fun idea. Not really something that would fit being a separate mod but maybe an addon or a patch for body search.

Interesting mod, but I'd rather say it's a hardcore version, not a "lite" one :D The suggested mechanic could fit in many mods (Body Search, SL Survival by Monoman, even prison mods themselves), that's why I didn't go to any specific topic and copy paste the same suggestion. But also it can be a standalone mod that lets your load decide what to do with the bounty or which prison to use (or even Simple Slavery). The amount of possible events and consequences only depends on the mod author's imagination.

I guess lite is the wrong word for it, its just not exactly a false accusation but its as close as you can get currently. As for prisons I was once told a pretty good solution that fits all the mods like these... to just use pama's alternative prison, not use any of the hardcore outcomes from it, maybe lower the prison time and then just use that prison as a hub to send to simple slavery that then has a ton of options. But now I'm getting slightly off topic, this is just how I fixed mods that used jail as an outcome to be more interesting.
As for standalone, personally if a mod is not just a simple replacer I prefer mods to be bundled up so I don't have to merge other mods, I am def getting close or already at the point where I can't safely merge plugins so its nice to have many features in one mod like sexlab survival. And I do think that your idea fits a couple mods at least as a side feature.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:11 AM, Vigor said:

There are several nice prison mods, but I find it hard to immersively be put behind bars considering I don't roleplay a maniac (and petty crimes lead to 1-2 days sentence, but most of the time you just pay a guard).

So the idea is to create believable events (instead of just a random bounty or tax) that lead to serious accusations. Examples:

1. PC finds an expensive item (weapon, armor, jewelry, etc.) in a dungeon or loots it from a body, then goes to a town to sell it, but gets stopped by guards who interrogate PC about this item, because apparently it was stolen from the Jarl or another important person. Then depending on some factors (speech skill, fame, luck) you get out of the situation or not (can go to jail with a high bounty or worse, depending on the mods).

2. PC finds a dead body (can be in a town or on a road), but unfortunately there are guards nearby and no other witnesses, so you have to prove you are not the murderer or face the consequences.

3. Corrupt guards "find" skooma or another forbidden item in your inventory. You know you didn't have it, but who will believe you? Skyrim is a harsh place, especially for female characters ;]

It's just an idea which may or may not be implemented by someone, but I feel like Skyrim lacks a mod like that, especially when you have a setup that is not friendly (to say the least) to a player character^^

I took like this idea, as I tend to play characters who are not exactly pure, but aren't the type to steal (unless it's related to a quest) or commit other crimes. A mod like this would be a good way into various prison and punishment overhaul mods.