Is there anyway to make the player's equipment have a different model than the same equipment worn by NPCs?

The title probably didn't explain what I'm asking very well. I've run into a sort of issue, which may just be a limitation of the game itself. I've used the "HGEC futa with balls" from the LAPF resources by fejeena, specifically I used the erect nif for LAPF, but I also used the limp nif for SetBody self, so that I have soft futa cock normally, but have erect futa cock when topping during sex. I have also just installed some skimpy armor and clothing mods, which is where my problem is. Most of the female equipment is very skimpy and shows the nude body while wearing armor, but the problem is the nude body that is part of the equipment mesh does not have my futa cock. If I have to go in and merge the cock mesh with the skimpy lowerbody armor meshes I will, but I imagine that would also mean that all the female NPC wearing those armor pieces would also have the futa cocks, which is not ideal for me. So is there anyway to have the player equipment have models that are not shared with NPCs?

Then again, I'm not totally averse to the idea of making it so that all female NPCs are also all futas. I may go ahead and do that, but I am still curious if player armor and NPC armor having different models is possible.

This screenshot shows my character nude:

20231113_020347.png.5c2d880c3a833db5975a25a670378699.png

This screenshot shows my character wearing skimpy leather greaves which does not have the cock mesh in it:

20231113_020637.png.18b1b2863ad2e51a30b7747331ac102a.png

1) Yes the player only Mods.  You can replace the meshes in the Mod with the futa meshes you want to use.

You have to add/copy the futa cock from your body into the HGEC armor clothes meshes.

2) And check this

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/65969-mesh-extended-swap-system/

3) Or you only wear Mod armor. I use HGEC H cup with futa lowerbody. All my NPCs use HGEC E cup no futa.

I have placed many armor mod chests in the Imperial Waterfront Lighthouse ( 7-8 Mods merged into one esp)

When I finshed the start dungeon I go to the lighthouse and take my armor. I never wear vanilla armor again. Some quest Mod armors, reward armors that are only for the player, I changed to Futa versions

On 11/13/2023 at 8:42 PM, fejeena said:

1) Yes the player only Mods.  You can replace the meshes in the Mod with the futa meshes you want to use.

You have to add/copy the futa cock from your body into the HGEC armor clothes meshes.

I'm making my own player only armor and clothing mod with the construction set.

Okay, so I have been using nifskope and an old version of blender with nifscripts to make changes to some of the armor meshes to avoid clipping with the penis, sometimes I get the meshes looking just the way I want them in blender, but then when I test them in game I get weird stretching, specifically around the crotch, probably because there is something that I should be doing. How can I fix that?

20231118_025528.png.69ab31fd59dcd4474871abcd4ce769a9.png

20231118_025538.png.135d5a515cd377b1a4f4f61ca63a89a7.png

20231118_025551.png.1fcd0295e2f14960b87f6ce42279bd0a.png

On 11/18/2023 at 3:08 AM, WeebtrashMcweebs said:

How can I fix that?

I figured it out. It was a vertex group and weight painting issue. And it wasn't my fault, it was an issue in the original modded mesh. There was a single vertex that was NOT assigned to either thigh vertex group, so when the surrounding vertices were being pulled by the thighs, it was staying put, which caused the mesh to stretch and distort. When looking at the mesh in front view, that single vertex was basically right in the middle, so I'm guessing the original mod author wasn't sure which thigh to assign it to, and then eventually forget to assign it all together. I'm glad I was able to figure it out, it's been driving me up a wall for a few days now, and now I know what to look for in the future.

Editing to explain the weight painting issue: When I looked at the weight painting, in combination with me now knowing that the issue was solved by assigning that vertex to the correct thigh group, in appears that the original mod author discovered the issue and tried in vain to fix it via weight painting in the area surrounding the problem vertex, but they didn't know what they were doing, and kinda left that area a mess, which exacerbated the issue even further by having wonky weight painting. I fixed the vertex group issue, and tidied up the weight painting, and now the mesh is behaving appropriately.

Edited by WeebtrashMcweebs