Error log

All these have multiple instances in error.log:

[13:10:54][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file (mesh not found)

[13:15:34][pdx_entity.cpp:660]: Could not find blend shape

[13:15:40][portraitcontext.cpp:329]: Persistent portrait info missing gene gene_bs_hips! at ' file: common/dna_data/00_dna.txt line: 14635'

[13:15:40][portraitaccessories.cpp:63]: could not find entity [male_clothes_religious_jain_devoted_01_entity] -  file: gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt line: 2071

[13:15:41][ethnicity.cpp:48]: invalid gene template key 'hair_straight_no_beard' for gene category gene_hair_type at  file: common/ethnicities/e&p_africa_east_african_beja.txt line: 70

[13:15:44][dnamodifier.cpp:325]: could not find template [cfp_one_eyed_eyes].  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/CFP_bodyparts.txt line: 81

[13:15:47][coat_of_arms_template_lists_database.cpp:207]: Invalid path in coat of arms texture list gfx/coat_of_arms/colored_emblems/, carn_ce_womb_77.dds,  file: common/coat_of_arms/template_lists/regula_colored_emblem_lists.txt line: 99.

[13:15:48][landedtitletemplate.cpp:227]: Landless title d_carn_giving_player has no capital defined. Needed to ensure proper on-map location (This one and the one above appear to be from Regula Magistri)

[13:15:54][trait.cpp:1471]: Trait education_intrigue_1 and trait education_intrigue_1 share the same level in the same group (education_intrigue)

There's boat load of other errors but I'll settle for dealing with these for now.

What I want to know is how do I find what mod is causing them and how do I fix them.

This log is from firing up CK3 for the first time today - it's time-stamped from [13:08:45] to [13:19:17]. That's a pretty typical loading time for the first one of the day. Subsequent loads will only take a couple of minutes.

50 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

All these have multiple instances in error.log:

[13:10:54][pdx_blend_shape_database.cpp:23]: Blendshape file (mesh not found)

[13:15:34][pdx_entity.cpp:660]: Could not find blend shape

[13:15:40][portraitcontext.cpp:329]: Persistent portrait info missing gene gene_bs_hips! at ' file: common/dna_data/00_dna.txt line: 14635'

[13:15:40][portraitaccessories.cpp:63]: could not find entity [male_clothes_religious_jain_devoted_01_entity] -  file: gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt line: 2071

[13:15:41][ethnicity.cpp:48]: invalid gene template key 'hair_straight_no_beard' for gene category gene_hair_type at  file: common/ethnicities/e&p_africa_east_african_beja.txt line: 70

[13:15:44][dnamodifier.cpp:325]: could not find template [cfp_one_eyed_eyes].  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/CFP_bodyparts.txt line: 81

[13:15:47][coat_of_arms_template_lists_database.cpp:207]: Invalid path in coat of arms texture list gfx/coat_of_arms/colored_emblems/, carn_ce_womb_77.dds,  file: common/coat_of_arms/template_lists/regula_colored_emblem_lists.txt line: 99.

[13:15:48][landedtitletemplate.cpp:227]: Landless title d_carn_giving_player has no capital defined. Needed to ensure proper on-map location (This one and the one above appear to be from Regula Magistri)

[13:15:54][trait.cpp:1471]: Trait education_intrigue_1 and trait education_intrigue_1 share the same level in the same group (education_intrigue)

There's boat load of other errors but I'll settle for dealing with these for now.

What I want to know is how do I find what mod is causing them and how do I fix them.

This log is from firing up CK3 for the first time today - it's time-stamped from [13:08:45] to [13:19:17]. That's a pretty typical loading time for the first one of the day. Subsequent loads will only take a couple of minutes.

Blendshape file (mesh not found) and Could not find blend shape means the file path is too long to load it, or it doesn't exist.  I believe you had issues with my mod which has long file names so I'm guessing you're hitting the path limit on windows of 260.  I'd suggest using a mod manager. (Missing meshes or blend shapes WILL crash your game or cause major playable issues.

Persistent portrait info missing gene gene_bs_hips! at ' file: common/dna_data/00_dna.txt line: 14635'  This is something that Mange is working on right now.  I've DM'd him about it.  It's part of CBO.

could not find entity [male_clothes_religious_jain_devoted_01_entity] -  file: gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt line: 2071  This one is another CBO Error that I get as well.

invalid gene template key 'hair_straight_no_beard' for gene category gene_hair_type at  file: common/ethnicities/e&p_africa_east_african_beja.txt line: 70:  This looks like it's from the EPE mod.

could not find template [cfp_one_eyed_eyes].  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/CFP_bodyparts.txt line: 81  This one is CFP obviously.

Invalid path in coat of arms texture list gfx/coat_of_arms/colored_emblems/, carn_ce_womb_77.dds,  file: common/coat_of_arms/template_lists/regula_colored_emblem_lists.txt line: 99.  I think this is from the Regula mod.  That looks like a weird file name of ', carn_cd_womb_77.dds'.  filenames dont' usually have a comma at the beginning.

13:15:48][landedtitletemplate.cpp:227]: Landless title d_carn_giving_player has no capital defined. Needed to ensure proper on-map location  This is from Carnalitas.  It... could be fixed but right now it doesn't cause any crashes or anything.  I believe this was done back in the 1.9 days of T&T when they changed the way global variable lists worked and the only fix that Cheri knew was to add a fake Duchy to add a target to.  The result are errors in your error log at the beginning.

[13:15:54][trait.cpp:1471]: Trait education_intrigue_1 and trait education_intrigue_1 share the same level in the same group (education_intrigue):  Looks like there's another mod that added education_intrigue_1.  It likely changed either the picture or the benefits added to it.  Personally I never modify the original traits in the game.  I just create a new one.  I don't know what mod would do this one.  I'd be shooting in the dark.

Edited by Riija
clarification
1 hour ago, Riija said:

Blendshape file (mesh not found) and Could not find blend shape means the file path is too long to load it, or it doesn't exist.  I believe you had issues with my mod which has long file names so I'm guessing you're hitting the path limit on windows of 260.  I'd suggest using a mod manager. (Missing meshes or blend shapes WILL crash your game or cause major playable issues.

Persistent portrait info missing gene gene_bs_hips! at ' file: common/dna_data/00_dna.txt line: 14635'  This is something that Mange is working on right now.  I've DM'd him about it.  It's part of CBO.

could not find entity [male_clothes_religious_jain_devoted_01_entity] -  file: gfx/portraits/accessories/clothes.txt line: 2071  This one is another CBO Error that I get as well.

invalid gene template key 'hair_straight_no_beard' for gene category gene_hair_type at  file: common/ethnicities/e&p_africa_east_african_beja.txt line: 70:  This looks like it's from the EPE mod.

could not find template [cfp_one_eyed_eyes].  file: gfx/portraits/portrait_modifiers/CFP_bodyparts.txt line: 81  This one is CFP obviously.

Invalid path in coat of arms texture list gfx/coat_of_arms/colored_emblems/, carn_ce_womb_77.dds,  file: common/coat_of_arms/template_lists/regula_colored_emblem_lists.txt line: 99.  I think this is from the Regula mod.  That looks like a weird file name of ', carn_cd_womb_77.dds'.  filenames dont' usually have a comma at the beginning.

13:15:48][landedtitletemplate.cpp:227]: Landless title d_carn_giving_player has no capital defined. Needed to ensure proper on-map location  This is from Carnalitas.  It... could be fixed but right now it doesn't cause any crashes or anything.  I believe this was done back in the 1.9 days of T&T when they changed the way global variable lists worked and the only fix that Cheri knew was to add a fake Duchy to add a target to.  The result are errors in your error log at the beginning.

[13:15:54][trait.cpp:1471]: Trait education_intrigue_1 and trait education_intrigue_1 share the same level in the same group (education_intrigue):  Looks like there's another mod that added education_intrigue_1.  It likely changed either the picture or the benefits added to it.  Personally I never modify the original traits in the game.  I just create a new one.  I don't know what mod would do this one.  I'd be shooting in the dark.

Thanks very much for the response.

I do use Irony MM and my game (all my games) sit at the root of the drive. Never had CTDs.

The EPE and CFP examples were just the first of two blocks of errors with the same lead in, I'm not sure they were all EPE or CFP but I'll check and grind my way through them.

Nice spot with the comma in the RM file name. I'll have a look at that too.

I'll ignore the fake Duchy thing.

I'll dig further into the education trait error.

Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Thanks very much for the response.

I do use Irony MM and my game (all my games) sit at the root of the drive. Never had CTDs.

The EPE and CFP examples were just the first of two blocks of errors with the same lead in, I'm not sure they were all EPE or CFP but I'll check and grind my way through them.

Nice spot with the comma in the RM file name. I'll have a look at that too.

I'll ignore the fake Duchy thing.

I'll dig further into the education trait error.

Thanks again.

Oh, I got ya.  Well by looking at the error, It's likely because the author removed the gene for it, and some code somewhere (either the author's mod, or another mod requiring it and is either outdated, or that author doesn't know it was removed or changed) is trying to load a beard, (or eyepatch) from the DNA Gene templates.  Since it doesn't exist, it throws the error.  The result is you not seeing what the mod wants to show you(the eyepatch, or the beard being referenced).'

Further clarifications on the blend shape errors.  They will cause issues only if a mod tries to use that file that's missing.  If no mod tries to use the missing files, you're fine.

The fake duchy is.. So, Cheri adds sex participants into a 'Global Variable List'  There's only a very few things you can put into a GVL.  Titles and Cultures is what a GVL was originally created for by Paradox.  However, Cheri found out you can add people to it.  However they have to have a land title before it reads it.  Carnalitas takes the GVL and checks to see if the player or partner is doing something specific in a sex scene to trigger a yes or no response.  You can also add more than 1 person to that list, and ask who all is in it.  It's a really good way to have a global list, but is very limited.  I would love to have a global list that I can place people into without creating fake duchy's though.  Local lists only last as long as the script completes and then the list is gone just like a scope which really sucks.

However, I'm curious since they added the new activity system if we could use scope:activity instead of GVL's.  I've never tested it.

4 hours ago, gthu765 said:

what does that do for you pragmatically? faster load times?

No. It shortens the file paths. See the comment above about the path limit on windows of 260 characters.

This limit can be removed.

https://www.howtogeek.com/266621/how-to-make-windows-10-accept-file-paths-over-260-characters/

Edited by Grey Cloud