Playing with mods made for previous game build

Is this a bad habit?

Should I stick with build 1.9 as almost all mods today are made for that version?

I would like to know because I experience loooong loading times during sessions with eventually the game getting stuck during loading a saved game.

Edited by GemGem
adding tags

Delete all your old game saves (or at least move them to somewhere outside the default save folder). If you're saving both cloud and local you might have to delete both. For some reason I cannot fathom the game scans through ALL of the saves when loading/reloading/saving, and that bogs it down and can cause crashes. It's particularly bad when the saves are from a previous major game version, but even different sets of mods will slow it down.

You're welcome. Tours and Tournaments was really bad for me, it would freeze/crash every time I reloaded a save. Started digging through the error logs and noticed they referenced characters and mods from years prior. I finally found a reddit thread that suggested deleting old saves and it was an immediate fix.

5 hours ago, myname789 said:

Delete all your old game saves (or at least move them to somewhere outside the default save folder). If you're saving both cloud and local you might have to delete both. For some reason I cannot fathom the game scans through ALL of the saves when loading/reloading/saving, and that bogs it down and can cause crashes. It's particularly bad when the saves are from a previous major game version, but even different sets of mods will slow it down.

Just discovered this for myself by accident a couple of days ago. Good to know I'm not imagining it. ?