A proper tutorial for jiggle physics, PLEASE

I'm so fucking done with this shit. I've followed several guides for sex modding Skyrim now, it always breaks when I get to the jiggle physics. There is always a step missing or something under-explained because obviously the tutorial creator has done it a thousand times so things that are second nature to him and important to me just slip his mind. Or it's just a very longwinded video where the dude is running circles around himself and forgets the important bits. I'm so fucking done. Not one tutorial out there with that I can actually get my shit working. Can someone please just write me one?

So I need:
- SKSE + Adress Library

- SkyUI

- UIExtensions

- Papyrus

- JContainers

- Various Engine/bug fixes

- Body Slide and Outfit Studio

- RaceMenu

- CBBE

- FNIS

- XP32 Skeleton

- Faster HDT-SMP

- CBBE 3BA

(This resembles my load order)

So I throw all that into the mod manager, choose my preferences during the installations and tell CBBE 3BA to only use SMP.

Then I run FNIS for the first time because of XP32 and put the Output that is in the overwrite folder of MO2 into it's own Mod.

Then I start the game. I can see myself naked when I unequip my armor, I can use the CBBE bodysliders inside race menu to modify my body and I can type reset smp to check that FSMP is theoratically working and yes it is.

But nothing jiggles, not with nor without clothes. The Internet says use BodySlide.

So I look up tutorials for BodySlide and build what I think I need to build. I don't find it in my overwrite folder because it wrote straight into the virtual data directory. Shit. Well, time to start the game to see if it worked. CBBE sliders in racemenu don't work anymore and there is still no jiggle. I look up some more BodySlide Tutorials to maybe find out where I fucked up but no dice.

I'm willing to entirely scrap my Skyrim and start over one final time if someone can give me a proper tutorial for the jiggle physics with FNIS, Body Slide Studio, CBBE, XP32, FSMP and CBBE 3BA in the 1.5.97 version. No CBPC though, I have enough trouble getting one physics mod to work, I don't wanna drive them in tandem. Please someone, anyone with a proper step by step tutorial for the jiggle physics, I really can't with this shit anymore. I can't remember a single game that was this hard to mod.

Edited by KeyCo69

In Bodyslide, after ensuring that the output of Bodyslide will deposit the necessary mesh and .tri files where they're suppose to go:

I use a "default" installation so they are supposed to go in  /Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/

... where they go on yours I have no idea.

1) choose the "3BA amazing body" (or whatever it's called, look for "amazing body") for Body/outfit, from the Body/Outfit dropdown

2) VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY important: Choose a 3BA Bodyslide preset from the  Preset drowndown.

Failure to use a 100% compatible Bodyslide preset to your chosen body type (ex: CBBE-3BA)  will guarantee that you have problems.

2a) (optional)  if you "tweak" the preset (ie fiddle with any sliders), make sure to save a new custom preset. I usually name them for the character I'm working on.

you'll thank me later when you want to fit some kewl new armor/clothing set.

3) check the build morphs checkbox to provide your player with Racemenu support (I still don't know why that isn't a default setting, but whatever). It generates a .tri file for each item (body, feet, hands, armor, etc)  built while it's checked.

Finally build the hands and feet using that same preset. (step #2, 2a) (and at least imo, don't touch any of the feet or hand sliders)

Presuming that you installed FSMP correctly, It really should be as simple as that.

...  BTW, you should have more than CBBE sliders in Racemenu if you're running CBBE-3BA, you *should also have a 3BA section

Spoiler

racemenu_morphs_tabs.jpg.019834143a64705f18c282b56f57232d.jpg

In mine it says "3BBB morphs", but I use CBBE-3BBB. so 3BA either uses the same name or another similar name for the tab

Edited by anjenthedog
expanded blather!

Also, what state is 3BA in these days? Back when I got it, it was running on collision armors (rings in game). If physics (bounce, as well as collisions) are bound to that ring, then without that ring there's no physics (obviously). This was the main reason I rewrote it immediately back then. I knew from LE it could be done without collision armors and other hacks and, sure enough, still works on SE. Also, last I checked 3BA comes with an MCM that controls physics. Make sure there's no "none" option selected there, if that's a thing.

As for tutorials. Tutorials are handy, yes, but keep in mind that you're in a modding forum, and you're modding a game. Modding as its known today is what the original definition of hacking was until its meaning was twisted by the mainstream. Hacking implies that you have an insatiable hunger to learn how things work, and your intention is to make things work the way you want them to; to have them do things they were never meant to. You may find a tutorial for what you're trying to do now, but tomorrow you'll find something else you want to change, or you run into a new problem. At some point you will actually have to learn to mod. Tutorials are the kiddy-pool of a spa; its where you start out, but if you're serious about swimming you need to drop the floaties and join the adults in the actual pool.

Maybe you're thinking "why are we gatekeeping access to wobbly tits and flopping dongs?" As far as I know this is not the reason for a lack in tutorials. There's about as many modded setups as there is Skyrim players. A more in-depth tutorial will never work for your current setup word-for-word, as yours is guaranted to be different from what the author is running with. If I look at my own Skyrim history, Steam says I have 3,600 hours on LE and 1,600 hours on SE. This is 10+ years of modding. You're probably on your first week, or first month right now - only 119 months to go.

Edit: And to not sound too much like an ass****, basically what I'm saying is these "fix my ****" or "give me all your modded files" -requests typically do not go very far here on LL from what I've seen. THIS may be where the "gatekeeping" is, and I'd say its understandable. Not sure I'd be too willing to give out everything I've done in the past 10 years. It's to some degree my creation, my vision, and a lot of hours went into it. However, what we ARE quite good at here on LL is answering specific questions. Create 10 threads if you have to, I'm sure we can work it out in the end.

Edited by traison
6 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

In Bodyslide, after ensuring that the output of Bodyslide will deposit the necessary mesh and .tri files where they're suppose to go:

I use a "default" installation so they are supposed to go in  /Data/meshes/actors/character/character assets/

... where they go on yours I have no idea.

1) choose the "3BA amazing body" (or whatever it's called, look for "amazing body") for Body/outfit, from the Body/Outfit dropdown

2) VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY important: Choose a 3BA Bodyslide preset from the  Preset drowndown.

Failure to use a 100% compatible Bodyslide preset to your chosen body type (ex: CBBE-3BA)  will guarantee that you have problems.

2a) (optional)  if you "tweak" the preset (ie fiddle with any sliders), make sure to save a new custom preset. I usually name them for the character I'm working on.

you'll thank me later when you want to fit some kewl new armor/clothing set.

3) check the build morphs checkbox to provide your player with Racemenu support (I still don't know why that isn't a default setting, but whatever). It generates a .tri file for each item (body, feet, hands, armor, etc)  built while it's checked.

Finally build the hands and feet using that same preset. (step #2, 2a) (and at least imo, don't touch any of the feet or hand sliders)

Presuming that you installed FSMP correctly, It really should be as simple as that.

...  BTW, you should have more than CBBE sliders in Racemenu if you're running CBBE-3BA, you *should also have a 3BA section

Now my sliders are back to working, and I know which body/outfit to pick in BodySlider Studio, already thank you very much for that ^^
But there still is no jiggle. The only way in which I deviated from your tutorial was to also build the first person hands since that seemed logical. I have since deleted the files that building them created but that wasn't it. The "smp reset" and "smp" commands still work though. Is there any good way in which I can check why the jiggle ain't working?

Edit: The log file might be able to tell someone who isn't me whats up:

Spoiler
hdtSMP64 2.0
loading menu/racesexmenu detected, scheduling physics reset on world un-suspend
loading menu/racesexmenu detected, scheduling physics reset on world un-suspend
Rename Bone InvMarker -> hdtSSEPhysics_AutoRename_Armor_00000002 InvMarker
SkinAllGeometry skeleton.nif 7, Frodnar, (formid 0001348b base form 0001347e head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HairMaleNordChild01, Frodnar, (formid 0001348b base form 0001347e head template form 00000000)
skinning geometry to skeleton
no fmd available, loading original facegeom
loading facegeom from path Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm\0001347E.NIF
npc root fadenode found
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HairLineMaleNordChild01, Frodnar, (formid 0001348b base form 0001347e head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - MaleHeadChild, Frodnar, (formid 0001348b base form 0001347e head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - ChildMouth, Frodnar, (formid 0001348b base form 0001347e head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - ChildEyes, Frodnar, (formid 0001348b base form 0001347e head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
no physics file for headpart HairMaleNordChild01
no physics file for headpart HairLineMaleNordChild01
no physics file for headpart MaleHeadChild
no physics file for headpart ChildMouth
no physics file for headpart ChildEyes
npc face geom no longer needed, clearing ref
SkinAllGeometry skeleton_female.nif 8, Hilde, (formid 00035534 base form 00035533 head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 8 - FemaleBrowsHuman10, Hilde, (formid 00035534 base form 00035533 head template form 00000000)
loading facegeom from path Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm\00035533.NIF
npc root fadenode found
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 8 - HairFemaleElder02, Hilde, (formid 00035534 base form 00035533 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 8 - FemaleHeadElder, Hilde, (formid 00035534 base form 00035533 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 8 - FemaleMouthHumanoidDefault, Hilde, (formid 00035534 base form 00035533 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 8 - FemaleEyesHumanHazelBrown, Hilde, (formid 00035534 base form 00035533 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
no physics file for headpart FemaleBrowsHuman10
no physics file for headpart HairFemaleElder02
no physics file for headpart FemaleHeadElder
no physics file for headpart FemaleMouthHumanoidDefault
no physics file for headpart FemaleEyesHumanHazelBrown
SkinAllGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7, Gerdur, (formid 00013489 base form 0001347c head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairFemaleNord03, Gerdur, (formid 00013489 base form 0001347c head template form 00000000)
loading facegeom from path Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm\0001347C.NIF
npc root fadenode found
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairLineFemaleNord03, Gerdur, (formid 00013489 base form 0001347c head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleEyesHumanLightBlue, Gerdur, (formid 00013489 base form 0001347c head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleBrowsHuman07, Gerdur, (formid 00013489 base form 0001347c head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleHeadNord, Gerdur, (formid 00013489 base form 0001347c head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleMouthHumanoidDefault, Gerdur, (formid 00013489 base form 0001347c head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
no physics file for headpart HairFemaleNord03
no physics file for headpart HairLineFemaleNord03
no physics file for headpart FemaleEyesHumanLightBlue
no physics file for headpart FemaleBrowsHuman07
no physics file for headpart FemaleHeadNord
SkinAllGeometry skeleton.nif 7, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - MaleEyesHumanHazel, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
loading facegeom from path Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm\00013475.NIF
npc root fadenode found
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HairMaleNord07, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HairLineMaleNord07, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - BrowsMaleHumanoid09, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HumanBeard42, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HumanBeardLong11_1bit, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - MaleHeadNord, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - MaleMouthHumanoidDefault, Alvor, (formid 00013482 base form 00013475 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
no physics file for headpart MaleEyesHumanHazel
no physics file for headpart HairMaleNord07
no physics file for headpart HairLineMaleNord07
no physics file for headpart BrowsMaleHumanoid09
no physics file for headpart HumanBeard42
no physics file for headpart HumanBeardLong11_1bit
no physics file for headpart MaleHeadNord
no physics file for headpart MaleMouthHumanoidDefault
SkinAllGeometry skeleton.nif 7, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HairMaleDarkElf09, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
loading facegeom from path Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm\00013480.NIF
npc root fadenode found
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HairShavedMaleDarkElf09, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - HairLineMaleDarkElf09, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - MaleEyesWoodElfDeepBrown, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - BrowsMaleHumanoid04, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - MaleHeadWoodElf, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton.nif 7 - MaleMouthHumanoidDefault, Faendal, (formid 0001348c base form 00013480 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
no physics file for headpart HairMaleDarkElf09
no physics file for headpart HairShavedMaleDarkElf09
no physics file for headpart HairLineMaleDarkElf09
no physics file for headpart MaleEyesWoodElfDeepBrown
no physics file for headpart BrowsMaleHumanoid04
no physics file for headpart MaleHeadWoodElf
Rename Bone InvMarker -> hdtSSEPhysics_AutoRename_Armor_00000002 InvMarker
SkinAllGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7, Dorthe, (formid 00013484 base form 00013477 head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairFemaleNordChild02, Dorthe, (formid 00013484 base form 00013477 head template form 00000000)
loading facegeom from path Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm\00013477.NIF
npc root fadenode found
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairLineFemaleNordChild02, Dorthe, (formid 00013484 base form 00013477 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - MaleHeadChild, Dorthe, (formid 00013484 base form 00013477 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - ChildMouth, Dorthe, (formid 00013484 base form 00013477 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - ChildEyes, Dorthe, (formid 00013484 base form 00013477 head template form 00000000)
using cached facegeom
done skinning part
no physics file for headpart HairFemaleNordChild02
no physics file for headpart HairLineFemaleNordChild02
SkinAllGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleHeadRedguard, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
orig part node found via fmd
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part FemaleHead.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleMouthHumanoidDefault, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part MouthHumanF.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairFemaleNord21, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part Hair21.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairLineFemaleNord21, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part Hairline21.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleEyesHumanBrown, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part EyesFemale.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleBrowsHuman11, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part FemaleBrows.nif back
no physics file for headpart FemaleHeadRedguard
no physics file for headpart HairFemaleNord21
no physics file for headpart HairLineFemaleNord21
no physics file for headpart FemaleEyesHumanBrown
no physics file for headpart FemaleBrowsHuman11
SkinAllGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleHeadRedguard, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
completely new head attached to skeleton, clearing tracking
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part FemaleHead.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleMouthHumanoidDefault, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part MouthHumanF.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairFemaleNord21, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part Hair21.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - HairLineFemaleNord21, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part Hairline21.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleEyesHumanBrown, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part EyesFemale.nif back
SkinSingleGeometry skeleton_female.nif 7 - FemaleBrowsHuman11, Kyra Taloon, (formid 00000014 base form 00000007 head template form 00000000)
done skinning part
renaming nodes in original part FemaleBrows.nif back
actor has no head node
actor has no head node
actor has no head node
actor has no head node
actor has no head node
actor has no head node
no physics file for headpart HairMaleNordChild01
no physics file for headpart HairLineMaleNordChild01
no physics file for headpart FemaleBrowsHuman10
no physics file for headpart HairFemaleElder02
no physics file for headpart FemaleHeadElder
no physics file for headpart FemaleEyesHumanHazelBrown
no physics file for headpart HairFemaleNord03
no physics file for headpart HairLineFemaleNord03
no physics file for headpart FemaleEyesHumanLightBlue
no physics file for headpart FemaleBrowsHuman07
no physics file for headpart FemaleHeadNord
no physics file for headpart MaleEyesHumanHazel
no physics file for headpart HairMaleNord07
no physics file for headpart HairLineMaleNord07
no physics file for headpart BrowsMaleHumanoid09
no physics file for headpart HumanBeard42
no physics file for headpart HumanBeardLong11_1bit
no physics file for headpart MaleHeadNord
no physics file for headpart HairMaleDarkElf09
no physics file for headpart HairShavedMaleDarkElf09
no physics file for headpart HairLineMaleDarkElf09
no physics file for headpart MaleEyesWoodElfDeepBrown
no physics file for headpart BrowsMaleHumanoid04
no physics file for headpart MaleHeadWoodElf
not scanning head of first person skeleton

Edited by KeyCo69
Added FSMP log file

idk man. I don't have a clue what that log means. Never seen it (or one like it) before. 

I have both CBPC and FSMP installed for my players

Both work just fine and so do both body types. I use the hotkey provided by the associated MCM to swap between CBPC and SMP.

I did nothing special, other than following the directions, installing what the body type said needed installed, adjusting load orders per Vortex, (my chosen mod manager), and not trying to complicate things by deciding that "defaults are for chumps and losers!", so the game is installed where the game wants to be installed, ie, in /Program Files/ off the root directory of my primary drive, and both physics engines are installed and operational. 

Were it me, I guess I'd uninstall the body, install CBPC, install Sinful CBP (if it's available for the version of Skyrim/SKSE you're using), reinstall the body using CBPC, and rebuild your body (and hand & feet) according to that model. If that works, then you could once again uninstall the body, then reinstall it and enable both SMP and CBPC (if that's still allowed with the new 3BA versions)

CBPC seems a good fallback anyway, Tbh, there's not a huge difference between the two, and at least you'd be able to play without 100% frustration. Then you can readdress this at a later date with less "urgency"

This body of yours isn't some weird custom race or anything is it?  If it's a regular "human" body, you really should be having such issues.

• 3 months later...

In case anyone stumbles upon this thread in the future, how I finally got it working (Not all of these steps might be necessary, but I'm not testing that out):
- When I started over I switched from MO2 to Vortex which I think reduces the possibility for user made fuck-ups
- Watch a proper Bodyslide tutorial
- Build everything in bodyslide after you install CBBE
- Better to run FNIS one times too many than one too few
- Use only Faster HDT-SMP
- Use 3BBE SMP instead of 3BBE 3BA
- Build using the 3BBE SMP body in bodyslide

And yeah, now it's working

Edit: This isn't a full guide, obviously, just extra steps/info that combined with the standard tutorial here on loverslab might help another lost soul like me to get it working

Edited by KeyCo69
Added extra info that I thiugh obvious in case it wasn't obvious to someone else