how do I make all the dragon priest masks and miraak set from reliquary of myth to be clothing instead of armor?

does anybody here use 'reliquary of myth'? is it difficult or unwise to change all dragon priest masks and miraak's set to clothing in this mod "reliquary of myth"? there are some scripts associated with the wooden mask in vanilla game. and miraak's set has also scripted effects on it. is it a simple thing as setting the keywords to the right ones or will it need to fix the scripts as well?
or just add some recipes to forge that makes it possible to craft light or heavy or clothing version?

are there possible repercussions to changing the keyword or add recipes to make heavy or light or clothing versions of the equipments (esp. miraak and dragon priest masks)? like when they were referenced in a quest that needs certain keywords or the scripts used on miraak's set from reliquary of myth would mess up (for example checking if there is or referring to an incidence of light armor and else heavy armor version of miraak mask, but it is not found as it is made into clothing)? and if i just add recipes to the sky forge so it can be reforged into heavy, light or clothing whenever i wish, would it mess up some associated scripts (like the scripted absorption on miraak's set)?
does reliquary of myth come with an installation option to change all dragon priest marsks etc. to heavy / light / clothing? there is an option says Dragon Priest Mask but I am not sure what it does

While it is possible that a quest or a script may be checking for keywords I very much doubt it in this case. I mean why would the enchantment on the mask be checking for the light armor keyword on the mask it is attached to? At most it may be interested in using the item (mask), but you don't need keywords for that. I change keywords on most armor mods I download, as for some reason there's a lot of mage robes and sneaky leather armor thats marked as heavy armor or some other seemingly random armor type.

I suppose if you want to be absolutely safe from issues then copy the ENCH, ARMA and ARMO records from Reliquary into a new plugin, and add crafting recipes for those. Reference the Reliquary plugin and you can use the original items as part of the crafting recipes. This way you can be sure the altered items have no impact on Reliquary's functionality.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Reliquary.

1 hour ago, saufall said:

does anybody here use 'reliquary of myth'? is it difficult or unwise to change all dragon priest masks and miraak's set to clothing in this mod "reliquary of myth"? there are some scripts associated with the wooden mask in vanilla game. and miraak's set has also scripted effects on it. is it a simple thing as setting the keywords to the right ones or will it need to fix the scripts as well?
or just add some recipes to forge that makes it possible to craft light or heavy or clothing version?

are there possible repercussions to changing the keyword or add recipes to make heavy or light or clothing versions of the equipments (esp. miraak and dragon priest masks)? like when they were referenced in a quest that needs certain keywords or the scripts used on miraak's set from reliquary of myth would mess up (for example checking if there is or referring to an incidence of light armor and else heavy armor version of miraak mask, but it is not found as it is made into clothing)? and if i just add recipes to the sky forge so it can be reforged into heavy, light or clothing whenever i wish, would it mess up some associated scripts (like the scripted absorption on miraak's set)?
does reliquary of myth come with an installation option to change all dragon priest marsks etc. to heavy / light / clothing? there is an option says Dragon Priest Mask but I am not sure what it does

um.. tes5edit dont work for it? you can try project proteus too and edit in game but i think it is a little heave script and unstable but then again i on LEhere.png.1f9f94c3c554ed93c01bd744c8aee047.png 

Well for one, you could install Proteus and convert them piecemeal. It's not the only way, maybe not even the best way, but it works for the "lazy"  (aka ME) My female player's outfits (I use about two dozen bits and pieces from various armor and clothing sets) are about half and half proteus >> weight class converted and the others using their default class.

Nice thing is that you can change a piece (ex: from heavy to light, or from clothing to heavy, or heavy to clothing, etc) and then save it as a special exception, so the main reference item isn't changed

Edited by anjenthedog
added hotlink and blather
6 hours ago, traison said:

While it is possible that a quest or a script may be checking for keywords I very much doubt it in this case. I mean why would the enchantment on the mask be checking for the light armor keyword on the mask it is attached to? At most it may be interested in using the item (mask), but you don't need keywords for that. I change keywords on most armor mods I download, as for some reason there's a lot of mage robes and sneaky leather armor thats marked as heavy armor or some other seemingly random armor type.

I suppose if you want to be absolutely safe from issues then copy the ENCH, ARMA and ARMO records from Reliquary into a new plugin, and add crafting recipes for those. Reference the Reliquary plugin and you can use the original items as part of the crafting recipes. This way you can be sure the altered items have no impact on Reliquary's functionality.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about Reliquary.

thankyou. how do i carry over the scripts that enhance your resource absorption through using miraak's staff (mora's agony)?

34 minutes ago, traison said:

No need to. Scripts are not bound to a specific mod.

so basically in skyrim the scripts refer to keywords or ID.

and if those are right they work.

so it is possible, for example, if i add crafting recipes so i can craft all light, heavy and clothing version of miraak's mask.

and wearing either one of them would trigger the script for miraak's set that increases attribute absroption rate of miraak's staff?

is there still, a way to find out what scripts reference or use an object or keyword? so i might be sure it does not need "armor type" or "ID number" specification. in some logic i have seen in oblivion scripts like.

refer to armor type heavy A,

else, if light, B

else clothing, C

or

if ID=heavy miraak mask, A

else if ID=light miraak mask, B.

you get the idea. old school computer codes.

not sure if mods, would still use scripts like these.

Edited by saufall
12 hours ago, traison said:

ARMO records refer to ENCH records, and these have the script file name. The script does not specify which enchantment it belongs to.

What should I do with the vanilla game's script that gives you the light or heavy version of Miraak mask based on your skill level? Would it be irrelevant as both light and heavy versions of the masks are going to be edited to be clothing anyway?

Also on the comment section someone says its possible to change the armor type of dragon priest masks with a pack.

"Edit: in case it's helpful to anyone else, in xedit there is a pack called RoM - dragon priest pack (something like that, definitely begins with RoM) and there you can just use the drop down menu to change each mask to the type you need for your playthrough. "

I am not sure what this means as I have never used ssedit or xedit before and its my first time modding skyrim. does he mean simply changing the keywords or can you run the package like an installer which patches up the armor types for you?

And I assume miraak's gloves and boots are not affected?

Edited by saufall
12 hours ago, traison said:

ARMO records refer to ENCH records, and these have the script file name. The script does not specify which enchantment it belongs to.

so i can expect to find the scripted effects in either ARMO records or ENCH records?

where can i find quest or event scripts that reference the armor pieces themselves? like the one that determines what armor types of miraak mask you receive? in oblivion CS there is search function which is quite useful. i am not sure about CK tho