Anyone seen a mod that fixes the clocks?  They are even more broken than previous beth games.  Sleep for 8 hours from what the game claims is local time from 11:59 pm local time, ticks to 7:59 am local time, on waking up seems awfully dark for 8 am so check the bed, oh its 4:10 am...  or 14:42, or whatever the [CENCORED] it decided to do that has no relation to what the interface claims.  

Vor 30 Minuten sagte Downloader:

Hat jemand einen Mod gesehen, der die Uhren repariert? Sie sind noch kaputter als frühere Beth-Spiele. Schlafen Sie 8 Stunden lang ab 23:59 Uhr Ortszeit, was das Spiel als Ortszeit angibt, tickt bis 7:59 Uhr Ortszeit, beim Aufwachen scheint es für 8 Uhr morgens furchtbar dunkel zu sein, also überprüfen Sie das Bett, es ist 4:10 Uhr. .. oder 14:42, oder was auch immer [CENCORED] es beschlossen hat, das hat nichts mit dem zu tun, was die Schnittstelle behauptet. 

Well - the clock does not necessarily have to be broken.

The banal truth applies - that it is "light" during the day and "dark" at night ... by definition, 8:00 a.m. local time is the morning and therefore it is "light" ... unless the sun is "broken" again.

If you are now wondering what I mean by the remark "the sun is broken" ... exactly what it says.

"Buggy-desta" has actually managed it - that sometimes the sun does not shine during the day - meaning the light source that "creates" the ambient brightness and also the shadows is NOT active.

The result ... it is darker than on the actual night side - because there the stars or moons in the sky "produce" light.

It just happened to me when landing on the day side ... I assumed I had accidentally chosen the night side ... but it was the day side after all ... just without an active sun for illumination

So the question?

Did you check whether there were any stars in the sky during the night you assumed (i.e. the incorrectly calculated time)?

When the sky is cloudy, it often shines a little - so you can also see whether you are on the night side.

Vor 1 Stunde sagte witaf:

Die Zeit auf einem anderen Planeten wäre genau wie die Richtung im Weltraum; relativ zu Ihrer eigenen Wahrnehmung. Die Zeit vergeht auf Planeten anders, daher ist die Tageszeit nur für Ihren Tagesablauf von Bedeutung. Vielleicht übersehe ich den Punkt?

The way "waiting" or "sleeping" was conceived in StarField ... the local time is decisive.

if, for example, one spends a LOCAL day on the Earth's moon - that is 28 "normal" days!!!

(bound rotation - the day on the Earth's moon thus corresponds to a complete month on Earth).

Since many moons have a bound rotation in relation to their planet (which they orbit) - the differences between place-day (or place-hour) and "normal" time are often particularly large.

so it is called -> Convert

4 hours ago, witaf said:

Time on another planet would be exactly like direction in space; relative to your own perception. Time passes differently on planets so the time of day only matters to your schedu;e for the day. Maybe i'm missing the point?

The clock changes from 8 am to any random time every time its used, whatever you set as the sleep or wait time bares no resemblance to what the interface says, regardless of location. 

2 hours ago, Downloader said:

The clock changes from 8 am to any random time every time its used, whatever you set as the sleep or wait time bares no resemblance to what the interface says, regardless of location. 

I've never had a problem with the clock in Starfield

Are you looking at the local time, or the Universal Time?

The clock shows both, and the conversion is not 1:1

Pay close attention to how long 1 local hour is compared to 1 UT hour - when you set how long you are waiting/sleeping, you are setting how many 'local hours' that is.

I've slept on my ship on some planets for only 3hrs and woken up fully rested, because that many local hours worked out to almost 10hrs UT

Its not that complex, the interface claims your sleeping LT, the LT clock changes, the LT clock does not match what it states during the countdown.  Its not even a little wrong, even the minutes are wrong.   Sleep in the same location for what the game says is 1 hour, it might be 10 minutes, do it again immediately after, its now 5 hours for 1 hour, do it again, its now 1 hour for 1 hour etc etc.  

Vor einer Stunde sagte Downloader:

Es ist nicht so komplex, die Schnittstelle beansprucht Ihren schlafenden LT, die LT-Uhr ändert sich, die LT-Uhr stimmt nicht mit dem überein, was sie während des Countdowns anzeigt. Es ist kein bisschen falsch, sogar die Minuten sind falsch. Schlafen Sie am selben Ort für 1 Stunde, es könnten 10 Minuten sein, das Spiel sagt es. Machen Sie es gleich danach noch einmal, jetzt sind es 5 Stunden für 1 Stunde, machen Sie es noch einmal, jetzt sind es 1 Stunde für 1 Stunde usw. usw. 

So you neither left the spaceship nor flew to another planet or moon? Is that correct?

Yes - in this case your observations mean that these mechanics are also broken.

But why didn't you present it that way from the beginning?