Star Citizen modding

drenari

This looks like it will be a perfect game for the modding community. It is still over a year before release but it is being built with an emphasis on modding the game. I have read that the game will allow private servers where you can mod the game as much as you want. They are having a contest now for the community to model a spaceship that will be put into the game and even offer a cash reward.

The game itself looks like it will be on the 4th generation Cryengine, and it will have full occulus rift support. The official forums also has a modding section with resources so anyone looking for a new game to do mods for this one looks like it will be awesome for it. With private servers you could create your own universe with whatever mods in play that you wanted. With a community like this it might be cool to have a different fetish on different planets.

If you haven't checked it out yet I recommend it. It looks like it might be one of the best space sim games ever. They also have a pre alpha hangar module you can download and check out the ships if you pledge for a ship. The textures and look of the hangar and ships with the level of detail that they are putting into them is really something to see. You can check it out in the link below.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game

knowing robert's

Space sims = no Sex mods

Since this thread is in the "Other Gaming" section vs. the "Adult Gaming" area, I'd assume that was the point of the OP. Not all mod have to include tits, bestiality and cum splatter.

If anyone knows his games, and how he supports modding communities, then, they'd remember the modding community Freelancer had. Back in the day some of those privately run, modded Freelancer servers were a blast! I'm glad he is willing to allow some modding to occur in Star Citizen as well, but I do have one concern. Star Citizen is supposed to have both a single player and an MMO element, something larger then just s simple private server. I wonder exactly how that would work concerning mods. I'd imagine it would be just like his other titles or MMO mods where you'd just be altering the appearance of ships and characters from the client side.

Still, good news though. Damnit I need to kick into that game too. I wanted to get the Freelancer kite and just kept hesitating dropping the money on it.

knowing robert's

Space sims = no Sex mods

Since this thread is in the "Other Gaming" section vs. the "Adult Gaming" area, I'd assume that was the point of the OP. Not all mod have to include tits, bestiality and cum splatter.

If anyone knows his games, and how he supports modding communities, then, they'd remember the modding community Freelancer had. Back in the day some of those privately run, modded Freelancer servers were a blast! I'm glad he is willing to allow some modding to occur in Star Citizen as well, but I do have one concern. Star Citizen is supposed to have both a single player and an MMO element, something larger then just s simple private server. I wonder exactly how that would work concerning mods. I'd imagine it would be just like his other titles or MMO mods where you'd just be altering the appearance of ships and characters from the client side.

Still, good news though. Damnit I need to kick into that game too. I wanted to get the Freelancer kite and just kept hesitating dropping the money on it.

i know, but the point it is, which mod will be released 1st? Wing Commander 1 or Tachyon: The Fringe?

• 2 months later...

Archived