DD RC8 - Cannot remove Inflatable Butt Plug?!

Hi there!

My chatacter's got one of those Inflatable Butt Plugs locked on her and however I try - I just can't remove it. Inflatable Butt Plug uses standard Chastity Key and (as far as I'm aware) the key is required only to deflate the plug. Once it's completely deflated, the player can remove it.

On paper, it's all good, but in practice... Well I just spent 3 in-game days constantly waiting 2 hours trying to deflate and remove it. I've managed to deflate the plug dozens of times already, but I still cannot remove it for some reason. Is there a way to keep my current save and remove the plug or should I revert back to the previous save where my character wasn't locked in that plug?

Also, are those Inflatable plugs exclusive to RC8 or does the standard DD also have them?

Asking as I'm really getting frustrated with Devious Devices as a mod/framework and I'm planning to remove it as irritations like this one are really getting on my nerves and I don't want to deal with this any more; especially during the days when I had a lot of work on my job - I want to play the game and relax a bit, not debug and ask for support on forums/Discord servers.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance and take care!

Are you by chance using Fallsouls, the mod which lets the game time continue even when you're in inventory mode. Ever since I installed that (and love it so am keeping it), I've had a LOT of trouble removing devious devices. Even the DD unlocker often fails to remove them, and I often cannot pick them free nor unlock them. Something in Fallsouls is interfering with devious devices.

The only way I found to remove devious device in game when this happens is to use a console command to unequip the item.

For instance, lets say I have a ball gag harness I cannot remove anymore. I type "help gag 4 armo" to find the ID of the ball gag harness and then type, "player.unequip [the ID]"  (Edit: I can't remember if the command is player.uneqipitem or player.unequip, so just try both)

This triggers the script successfully and allows me to remove the item.

Edited by Karna5
Fixed typos

I totally forgot about this... Sorry @Karna5 and @spicydoritos for not replying... I appreciate your replies!

After posting the issue, I did some more digging. I've found a solution which fixes the mentioned issue! Apparently, this was (and possibly still is) a serious issue with RC8. Luckily, it's only a single script that's faulty.

Someone fixed those scripts and published them to DD forum (where RC8 is mentioned). Sadly, I'm unable to find the link to the post, but I'm able to send the script (and its source) as I keep all the stuff on my disk.

Here: DD_RestraintScript_InflatablePlugs.pex and DD_RestraintScript_InflatablePlugs.psc

After downloading, just place the .pex and (optional) .psc file(s) into their proper directories of the DD RC8, and you're good to go.

Additionally, if you encountered the issue and are now stuck with Inflatable plugs, simply install the fixed script, unlock the plug in-game and then reset DD using MCM (I think there's a Debug section with one button to restart/refresh it - click that).

That's it! Hopefully this helps folks in the future! All credit goes to the user who managed to fix the script - it's not my work!

Take care!