Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters COMPLETE NSFW MODPACK + Uncensor patch ← Download available! NEW VARIANTS, MODELS, TEXTURES AND PHYSICS!

14 hours ago, 孫悟空 said:

这个问题可以修复下吗?

IMG_20240211_231222.png

It is possible to be fixed but I would need to re-do her entire breast on Blender, it is an issue on her original model mesh.

It looks fine during gameplay, so that is ok for me.

Now that I released a tutorial on how to edit Unity models, you can edit those models to the sizes and clipping of your liking.

Do give it a try if you want~

anime-yes.gif 

7 hours ago, S52968 said:

Hey Meekurukuru, I was going through the Live2D for some characters to try and edit in cum splatter and noticed that the breasts are actually really weird. Each breast is the same image duplicated so they don't actually match the character they're on. Would it be okay for me to try and fix it via AI image generation?

Some of them are hand-drawn and others are mirrored parts.

Most of the nipples are hand-drawn to accommodate the position of the bodies.

Hand-drawing each individual breasts for all the LIVE2D character portraits was not an option for the modpack, so I had to use some editing tricks to have them ready, luckily they look pretty good.

image.png.4230b55cc3c07f65961babd6618adbd4.pngimage.png.7dbe2edf72e150235ee8ba1af9e89ca3.png

Here is how a model look in LIVE2D for editing:

texture_00.thumb.png.611b43c597193a50b9123883914c547a.png

I don't think they need fixing but if you want to mod them, I made a tutorial on how to extract them so you can edit them.

BepInEx LIVE2D images can just be edited by going into the folder of the image, you can view them on the "EXTENSIVE LIST OF CHANGES".

On 9/23/2023 at 1:13 PM, Meekurukuru said:

Unity Texture/Image Modding Tutorial Video 

(Works on any unity game!) (Easy 6 minute tutorial with step by step instructions) 

Description:

Good luck with that splatter edit and if you finish it, I can add it to the "more mods" section so people can enjoy them too, if you want of course.

你好,我看你的新教程。我下载了图中Unity 2020.3.36版本,同样的操作,最后得出了结论,是Unity 2021.2.5版本问题。

Hello, I watch your new tutorial. I downloaded Unity 2020.3.36 version in the picture, the same operation, and finally concluded that it was Unity 2021.2.5 version problem.

this mod work not i have Black screen nad nothing more

grafik.png.a0b73fc7ed4264dbb9c51d32fd2cf9ee.png

Mega link for the Complete modpack: https://mega.nz/file/8e8XXRCC#K4u-BP6thyJKfcfjhEge7INz_SD5nm0IbUqV29YES1c

(give this post a like if you don't mind, it helps a lot.) (also there is a loverslab link now)

this mod is broken

He shows everything below but as soon as he gets to the main picture the picture goes black

Ok after 3 starts the game worket now

Thanks for the mod^^

Edited by Sangoku25
On 2/11/2024 at 3:39 AM, Meekurukuru said:

I am glad to announce that the image tutorial on how to mod ANY model on ANY Unity game is here! 

It is a concise and heavy image rich guide with step by step instructions on how to do each step.

It uses the Samurai's maiden guide from Parapara as a bases but then I have remade it by adding all the experience and steps from the 2 Unity modpacks (Nep SvS and Monochrome Mobius) that I made so far, so I can guarantee that it works.

Other modders already tested it and they have mods working with it.

Give the post a like if you don't mind, enjoy and good luck modding!

Thank you for this incredibly detailed guide! I was able to follow along and have it work successfully myself. Great work.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:30 AM, lzxq9 said:

Hello, I watch your new tutorial. I downloaded Unity 2020.3.36 version in the picture, the same operation, and finally concluded that it was Unity 2021.2.5 version problem.

Nice to hear, always make sure to use a similar Unity version of your game.

I always mention that but different versions might cause issues, so try to stick to the correct version if possible.

Here is the quote from the guide on what you need to do to see the Unity version of any game, it is pretty simple too.

Now that you found that it is made in Unity, lets check which version of Unity just in case.

First enter inside of your "data" folder of your unity game and you should find this file called "resource.assets", (don't worry all unity have this file included)

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-TUnwqH3BBFRLd6EP.png.278c3ab73c8d9cd68f7c92f41d740b14.png

After you find it, simple open "Notepad" or "Notepad++" (if you are using another operating system) and drag the file into the notepad window

image.png.1da3f8248bcb4a330e66750491b4cc99.png

Once you do that, the file will be filled with garbage data but the Unity version of the game will be displayed!

image.png.ab1dff5a23b97b95985ff9e24926013c.png

I am glad it helped and good luck with your mods!

Chinese google translate:

很高兴听到,请始终确保使用游戏的类似 Unity 版本。

我总是提到这一点,但不同的版本可能会导致问题,因此如果可能的话请尝试坚持使用正确的版本。

以下是指南中关于查看任何游戏的 Unity 版本所需执行的操作的引述,它也非常简单。

Now that you found that it is made in Unity, lets check which version of Unity just in case.

First enter inside of your "data" folder of your unity game and you should find this file called "resource.assets", (don't worry all unity have this file included)

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-TUnwqH3BBFRLd6EP.png.278c3ab73c8d9cd68f7c92f41d740b14.png

After you find it, simple open "Notepad" or "Notepad++" (if you are using another operating system) and drag the file into the notepad window

Once you do that, the file will be filled with garbage data but the Unity version of the game will be displayed!

我很高兴它有帮助,祝你的模组好运!

--------------------------------------------- 

On 2/16/2024 at 2:20 AM, Sangoku25 said:

this mod work not i have Black screen nad nothing more

grafik.png.a0b73fc7ed4264dbb9c51d32fd2cf9ee.png

Mega link for the Complete modpack: https://mega.nz/file/8e8XXRCC#K4u-BP6thyJKfcfjhEge7INz_SD5nm0IbUqV29YES1c

(give this post a like if you don't mind, it helps a lot.) (also there is a loverslab link now)

this mod is broken

He shows everything below but as soon as he gets to the main picture the picture goes black

Ok after 3 starts the game worket now

Thanks for the mod^^

That is great to hear!

Always make sure to wait a bit before the game starts.

This is due to my modpacks being pretty big on size due to the amount of stuff I change, so games take a bit to launch, be patient.

Thanks for the message and enjoy the modpack!

anime-yes.gif 

--------------------------------------------- 

31 minutes ago, EnergyHijack said:

Thank you for this incredibly detailed guide! I was able to follow along and have it work successfully myself. Great work.

Thanks, I really poured my heart into that guide.

It took me almost 8 hours of straight writing.

Then again, I am grateful for the work of the original Unity guide that I read back in the day from Parapara. (may he RIP 🙏)

Without that guide, this modpack wouldn't have been possible in the first place, nor the new and improved guides.

As for now, the old guide is a bit outdated and lacks the explanation or thoroughness for some stuff and bugs, so I wrote this one from scratch for everyone to use with all the knowledge I gained from my previous modpacks and the original one too.

I mention that one in the post just in case, but people should use the new one if possible since the new one is tried and tested for multiple unity games.

Enjoy modding your unity games!

And if anyone wants to make a mod for Nep SvS (or other game from the ones I made a modpack) and wants them to be featured on the "More mods" section of this thread, then I am more than glad to add them, if they want that of course.

Thanks.

Edited by Meekurukuru
edit: google Chinese translation.
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/23/2023 at 11:13 PM, Meekurukuru said:

[Reserved for tutorials]

TUTORIALSBanner.thumb.png.bf9eb5ce90d281f76136aebdfee68abf.pngUnity Texture/Image Modding Tutorial Video 

(Works on any unity game!) (Easy 6 minute tutorial with step by step instructions) 

Description:

This is a really simple but useful tutorial on how to edit ANY image or texture from ANY Unity game, with this you can change event images, menus, backgrounds, character textures and more as long as it is an image!

Tools used with links:

Assetstudio

Gimp (if you don't have an image editing software like Photoshop, GIMP is a great alternative and I have been using it ever since I started modding)

Paint.net

UABE

Example file of the mod from the tutorial if you want to use it, it also includes the video inside the .rar

Unity Texture and Image Modding Tutorial video with example mod.rar 79.04 MB · 14 downloads

Video mirrors:

Iwara link to the video

Reddit link to the video 

Gamebanana link to the video

Tutorial for editing ANY Unity model (with images)

This is an advance tutorial, on how to mod models in ANY Unity game!

Beware that the location of the files might differ from game to game, but the process is practically the same for all the Unity games, so adjust accordingly.

I will divide the tutorial in different sections so it is easier to follow and add screenshots so you can follow along to get your mod ready.

As always if you get stuck, read the steps carefully, they it might get a bit overwhelming, it is not an easy thing to mod but it is totally doable.

No video for this tutorial since it would be 1 hour long at the least!  Also written guides are neat

image.thumb.png.c6ba7266d825fb68e51376549c66822e.png

INDEX: REQUIRED PROGRAMS

OPEN THE SPOILER TAB TO VIEW THE STEPS!

Reveal hidden contents

Lets begin with the programs used for this and in the order of when they are used too:

We will need the following programs

1. Assetstudio https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio/releases 
  2. Blender https://www.blender.org/download/ 
  3. (Only if you plan to edit textures as well) Any image editing software of your choice like Photoshop or Gimp https://www.gimp.org/downloads/ 
  4. (Only if you plan to edit textures as well) Paint.net https://www.getpaint.net/download.html 
  5. Unity version of your game (It is pretty easy to find and it will be explained in the tutorial) but I will be using Unity 2020.3.36f1 (64-bit) since it is the one that is compatible with the plugins required for some meshes, use this one preferably  https://unity.com/releases/editor/whats-new/2020.3.36
  6.  UABEA https://github.com/nesrak1/UABEA/releases/tag/v6 

You will also need these 2 files for your Unity so we can generate meshes and export them mesh without having too much of a headache.

Just extract them somewhere where you can remember to use them later.

0. Unity addons.rar 423.78 kB · 14 downloads

JUSTTOMAKESUREBanner.thumb.png.eec05860a88f0ac4297b95c0a0bacb4c.png

INDEX: HOW TO CHECK IF YOUR GAME IS MADE IN UNITY AND WHAT VERSION IT USES

Reveal hidden contents

Before we actually start with the steps, find out if your game is made in Unity, some games pay to have the watermark at the start from Unity removed, others don't so it can be a bit hard to find.

Easiest way to find out is to search "Name of your game engine" or "Name of your game unity", if you find results with that, we can continue this tutorial, if not, your game is made in another engine.

You could also check the game folder and if it has a "nameofyourgame_data" folder, it is pretty likely that it is an Unity game. Also some games have "Unity" files all over the place, so might be helpful.

Here are some examples of some unity games:

Monochrome Mobius:

image.png.10d551622ec01cff80119352f15be898.png

Persona 5 Tactica:

image.png.d756c984fbe64d5ede50d4e2c9680936.png

Little Witch Academia (notice how the directory doesn't have any Unity file, but it does have a "yournamegame_data" folder)

image.png.e6d26136c44be599022f139081b83dae.png 

Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters

image.png.7407942ceb6ada386edd14f9ec0b705d.png

This is going to be useful if you want to use the same Unity version of the game!

Although I always recommend on using Unity 2020.3.36f1 just for experience, but it wouldn't be a complete tutorial if I didn't mention how to do this.

EXTRA MODDING INFO - IT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THIS TUTORIAL

Also worth noting, some Unity games are made with "Mono" and others are made with "IL2CPP".

This is going to be useful if in the future if you plan on using BepInEx to mod data or textures on Unity games but that goes beyond the scope of this tutorial, so I am just going to mention it.

Little Witch Academia uses Mono 

image.png.6044066a5a2ab96e73f7ee41663b1311.png 

While Persona 5 Tactica, Nep SvS and Monochrome Mobius use IL2CPP

image.png.91558682b9bbc452cfbcf6c952644f44.png

image.thumb.png.5df65f9c5483567aea0668bc5ef5220b.png

INDEX: HOW TO FIND THE MODELS OF AN UNITY GAME

Reveal hidden contents

Now that we know that the game is made in Unity, we will need to find the model that we want to edit.

Most of the time the models are place in the following location

"Yourgamesname > yourgamesname_data > StreamingAssets > aa >StandaloneWindows64 "

image.png.34be4c58ff9aa6de14863af320220cfb.png

Other Unity games might also organize them in folders too.

image.png.54e17bc4c8d24db30095036807409ccd.png

Notice how this game has a different file structure but it is practically the same.

"Yourgamesname > yourgamesname_data > StreamingAssets > Windows "

image.png.990d3ba2b1e15b480ce31742ba7c3a64.png

The files could be either named with a pretty self explanatory name like "Chara" or "model", with the name of the characters or in the worst case, they can just be a mess of a name.

I have a solution for those kind of cases below in the guide, don't worry it is just some extra clicks to find the models on even the worst cases

So models can be place in all sorts of containers for Unity games but the 3 most popular ones are:

".bundle" files 

image.png.3f4c244427c6f31628babd32e231b8b0.png

".manifest and/or accompaning blank file" (always open them in pairs when it comes to .manifest files, so for example, if you want to open "amanda_uniform_model" you should also open "amanda_uniform_model.manifest" with it) (if the file is by itself without a manifest file, then ignore the pairs stuff)

image.png.55a38a92fa1ba4f672a9793e44677816.png

"Assets" files (these are normally found all in this location "Yourgamesname > yourgamesname_data") (These is a pretty normal location for textures and images if you can't find them)

image.png.aab0318edfadb1a01940489d250c03da.png

I will explain how to search models on the worst case scenarios like in Persona 5 Tactica where the file names are garbage later on the extracting the models part!

image.png.4b89077af413caaf5853c842004ddba5.png 

Now that you know where the models can be located, lets move to the next step "How to view and extract the models"!

image.thumb.png.b3729430c6e9c1339403319741681a40.png

INDEX: 1 - HOW TO VIEW AND EXTRACT ANY MODEL OF AN UNITY GAME

Reveal hidden contents

Now that we know what kind of file an unity game uses for models and where to find it, lets view them in 3D and export them so we can edit them!

1. Open Assetstudio

image.png.343b40df6ac7eab38c77333da6d3b438.png

2. Copy these exacts settings to ensure proper size and scale of the images and models that we are going to edit, also lets open the export settings, copy them exactly as they are shown! 

image.png.c02e4e03eeda8b11d3620c625a466f2c.png

image.png.f5f81f8681825760e1a4ece61c778dbd.png

The "export settings" are a really big issue when learning how to mod so please make sure you have the same settings, even the unmarked ones, copy it exactly as shown.

image.png.e3873fb0354ab1ccad91d75cdcee772f.png

3. With the settings copied, lets open the model file (".bundle" or "blank file" or "asset", it depends on your game, in this case I will open a "blank" file without a ".manifest" file)

To open it click on "File" > "Load file"

image.png.468f4e7d62ad2993bb4a9ffbe73d90f3.png

4. Then select the file you want to open, remember that not all unity games use ".bundle" files, check accordingly before opening them.

image.png.81dcc578c72a1d18b88e982b310a7508.png

5. With the file open, wait a bit for the program to find all the assets, then when it is finished you can see the progress full progress bar in green.

image.png.a62aa16ae99dd6b8a39b0f4a75f338ba.png

6. Now click on "Asset List" to view the assets of that file.

You can also expand the tabs to view the names or locations if your screen has the space.

image.png.0a61ee66c7a2ea35d5ac3b1a73208e5b.png

7. Once inside that tab, click on "Filter Type" and only check "Mesh". (If you are finding textures, similar to the other tutorial, just click "Texture2D", but here since this is a mesh tutorial, click "Mesh")

image.png.7596bd2f11fd5eb03f21b9a4b72de3b0.png

8. With the file mesh filtered, you can see if the mesh is from the character or thing that you want to edit by simply clicking on it or using the arrow keys

image.png.dfda48e24af0a8371a7dfd3d168516f3.png

9. Since I know this is the character I want to edit (due to previous research) I will export it for further editing in Blender.

Click on the "Export" tab and then "Export all objects (split)" to make sure we get the correct files!

image.png.99f8713c80e20c353e0b7beab20e828c.png

10. Select where you want to export the files, try to be organized and move each mod to their own folder.

image.png.88f83a35babee0bc68d76f2b2945363a.png

When making a mod, use this pattern of folders, copy them exactly as they are since they will be useful in the long run an it will give you the muscle memory required to be organized!

Do this for each mod you make and modding is going to be a breeze, probably.

image.png.6e148e7b82f10e7e65f30fe60dfd3dbc.png

11. Wait a bit for the file to extract, it might take some time, after that, lets check the new folder. (Some models are quite heavy, for the Monochrome mod I heard some horror stories about long waits  just to get it done due to the amount of vertexes and data, but it usually takes like a minute or so)

image.png.6bea65d3bed322466f2980743dcb1f87.png

12. When you finish exporting the files, lets make a backup of the original file that you opened in Assetstudio (the ".bundle", asset or blank/manifest file) to the "0 Base" folder so we have a backup just in case.

If you don't know which file you have opened, simple click on any file inside Assetstudio in the "Asset List" tab and then "Right click" onto it and go to "Show original file"

image.png.025dee5330ca3a4692ca4a9270ba7acc.png 

13. Once that is done, you will have your folder with textures and an "fbx" file, all ready to be used in Blender!

image.png.488ebd1a7e399c1fe9efd75f20c78f88.png

Well done, lets move to Blender now to edit this model.

But if your game has a weird file structure or you can't find the models/textures, follow this extra steps:

image.png.4b89077af413caaf5853c842004ddba5.png

Beware that this could easily take 40GBs of temporal space in your main hdd.

This is due to the program extraction of ALL the game files in that location but don't worry, after you close Assetstudio all that space will be back.

So only do this method if you cannot find the models/textures or your game has a mess of garbage names.

Extra step 1:

Once you got "Assetstudio" ready with the correct copied settings from above, instead of opening a single file, open the entire folder of files by going to "File" and the "Load folder"

image.png.5cec3223825e8dd5d68f4868b8506a4d.png 

Extra step 2

Select the location of where all the files with garbage names are located, usually "Yourgamesname > yourgamesname_data > StreamingAssets > aa >StandaloneWindows64 "

image.png.789fc76b738f0db56b31cbad412eb7d5.png

Extra step 3

After you wait for the really long extraction of ALL the files in that folder, you can search all the models in the game.

image.png.64dffff3730c72aca923d2a90cf714d0.png

Now go to "Asset List" and use "Filter Type" tab and check "Mesh" (or "Texture2D" if you are searching that) to reduce the amount of files that we don't need to edit right now.

image.png.c523058ccb7c6520ac26723f86215665.png

Extra step 4

Use the "Name" and "Container" tabs to filter the files so you can find the thing that you want to edit, since it will be filled with lots of random meshes, use that accordingly.

Extra step 5

Once done you find the mesh that you want to edit, "Right click" onto it and go to "Show original file"

image.png.025dee5330ca3a4692ca4a9270ba7acc.png 

Remember that file name, because we are going to use it in "Assetstudio"  later on.

On the next step we are going to open that file that you found with the mesh that you want.

It will probably have a random name, so be sure to get the right one.

Extra step 6

Re-open that file that you found by "showing the original file" so we can have just that one open and then go to

"Export" tab and then "Export all objects (split)" to make sure we get the correct files!

image.png.99f8713c80e20c353e0b7beab20e828c.png

Select the folder where you want the exported files and that should be it, let it export and copy the base file into the "0 base" folder.

Now you just found the meshes/textures or your model from the sea of garbage names!

Some files might export multiple folders instead of just a single one, that is normal because the game might have multiple meshes or characters for that same file!

image.png.0767623ea40d999678bee0f057d6ae2e.png

We just need to edit it one by one, or edit the one that you like.

In this example I will only edit the main clothes of a character and not her "Default pose outfit", but you can edit as much or as little as you want, it is all up to you!

Normally games just have a single folder for each file like in Neptunia Sisters VS Sisters.

image.png.c9f9d1ef3e54b27068988673344630bb.png

Each game has their own quirk even if they share the same steps.

2NDBLENDERBanner.thumb.png.685f2317e7816b9e45d0be6dbb170992.png

INDEX: 2 - HOW TO EDIT ANY MODEL OF AN UNITY GAME IN BLENDER

Reveal hidden contents

With the FBX file ready, it is time to open it in Blender.

This tutorial will go through the basics on how to make a basic model mod.

Importing meshes from other models requires adjusting the data and weights of it and it can cause errors while generating meshes, so this will just go over editing the models without new external meshes.

1. Open Blender and click on "General" so we can create a 3D Model edit.

image.png.06f69b23c88563617c507fccd73787e7.png

If your blender just opens by itself, click on "File" > "New" > "General"

image.png.ad702a43113f4020d8a94db3b2b9767f.png

2. Hold "CTRL" and "Left click" the 3 files on the right, then click "X" to delete them (if asked, click "Yes" to delete them)

image.png.a2435e80add85e1c1b6dd3d88b4a3b2c.png

3. Now lets open the "FBX" file that we got from "Assetstudio".

Go to File > "Import" > "FBX".

image.png.700349a3f81601069ada36546817a110.png

4. Check these exact settings when importing it!

It is imperative that you check them like these or it will have problems with the scaling or positions!

Don't worry, all Unity games use the same settings for their models.

image.png.eb2ac5ba3c3c3efd61d58bbb69ef20c8.png

image.png.0f569d7c7c8547462570a9b4e7f756cb.png

After you got all the same import settings, left click on "Import FBX"

5. Get used to the controls

Basic controls: 

• You can rotate the 3D View by holding the "Middle mouse button" in your mouse (If you are using a touchpad, you can remap it to another button but it is really tedious to do, so use a mouse if possible, a cheap one will do too)
  • To move around hold "Shift" and hold the "Middle mouse button" to move around. 
  • You can zoom in and out of the 3D View by using the "Scroll wheel"
  • You can scale things by holding "S" to be bigger or smaller  (you can also press X, Y or Z to change the size to those axis)
  • You can move things by holding "G" (you can also press X, Y or Z to move them in those directions)

With those basic controls you should be able to move around in Blender.

Now lets give some color to the model since it might be grey when you import it and full of random bones and armature. 

Also don't worry if it is T-Posing, that is how the models are done in Blender.

In object mode (the thing on the left of the screen), click on the eye button (View Object Type) and hide the eyes by simply "left clicking" on the 3 eyes marked (Armature, Lattice, Empty)

image.png.1dfd07d45dc4f5240edef09ea0606002.png

Doing so will hide the unnecesary and advanced stuff for this tutorial.

To get some color, simply click on the "Viewport shading" and then click on the "Solid sphere".

After that go to the dropdown tab of "Viewport shading" and click on "Texture" as the color!

image.png.3e9e4f9651d2f4ffd58922ce4beb2fd8.png

Now we have the model ready, if your model still lacks color, we can still make edits without them but after you finish reading this, below there are going to be some extra steps to troubleshot the lack of color.

It is normally related to lack of textures.

6. Lets start editing the model, so I will do an skirtless mod.

Still in "Object mode", left click the mesh that you want to edit, it will be marked out with an outline.

After that, switch to "Edit mode" from "Object mode" in the left corner.

image.png.3412efd1a8bd45223a63894af96e163b.png

7. Once in "Edit mode", we are going to have to learn some new basic controls in addition to the other we just used.

Basic controls part 2: 

• Press 1 or 3 to switch between "Vertex select" or "Mesh select", always choose "3" when doing edits.
  • Press "L" while hovering over a part of a model and it will select most of the part that joins it, for example here I just pressed L and it got the entire left sleeve instead of manually selecting it, use this to your advantage!

image.png.04289afc5f9ec0e4177106879bc03683.png

• Press "A" to select everything.
  • Press "X" and then "F" to delete faces, this is the most usual thing when editing.
  • To de-select anything, hold "Shift" and then click on the thing that you want to de-select. It also works with "L", so you can use "Shift + L" to deselect multiple sections.

Now with those new basic controls, I will be deleting part of the onepiece to make it shorter.

Remember to use the view compass to face the model to any direction that you find useful to edit.

The marked option is called "Toggle X-Ray" so that is useful to view behind the model, this is due to the fact that when selecting stuff on edit mode, the behind and inner parts are not selected, so use that to select everything!

image.png.660cfc75d38972a88da4424696010a99.png

Blender has a lot of tools, but I prefer using these selections tool to get the dress shorter, this section is pretty general on the explanations, so if you are interested, do research on some Blender tutorials.

I am sure you will love it.

I will be using the square select box to get the dress height shorter.

image.png.6acc57c8e47fe44cc865e1782d851f2a.png

Once selected, press "X" and delete it with "F" (there are other options, so test them out, I use "F" because it is muscle memory)

image.png.3dab3fe3eaf400ef462077961d6aba38.png

Now the onepiece is shorter, but the skirt is on the way.

image.png.c976e2d00dba16c9c02abbc4c026a3fb.png

So we need to change from "Edit mode" to "Object mode" and "Left click" the skirt that I want to edit.

image.png.ba70d5fe72ba5c5ac3eab16da65d755d.png

After it is selected, "Left click" on "Edit mode" and do the same process of deleting the meshes from above!

image.png.fae21c4fd91576be5d2f5a44a770cacc.png

The usual stuff, delete it and the with the left behind skirt, we should make it smaller so the game doesn't crash due to deleting it.

Always leave at least a single pixel or small part of the model that you want to delete, even if it is small, the game will find it and it will avoid you a lot of headaches! 

image.png.7c7281ccb35b4181f1e6633336b6b58d.png

I will use the "S" key to make it really small and "G" to move it inside the model.

image.png.9356d537b489a1adf20ad65d48875d87.png

Once that done, you will have your model ready and skirtless or with any edit you made.

image.png.505dcf9e5f04db11def564294c352a0d.png

8. If you want to change the textures or colors, "Left click" onto the part you want to change in "Object mode" then go into "Edit mode" and select the area you want to change.

image.png.f906636e8f1a1d38e19856fa25fae5e0.png

Then click on "UV Editing" and move the selection area in the texture file.

Here is where you can use custom textures by using the other texture tutorial, you can combine the texture modding tutorial with this to get some custom textures in here.

Since I will be doing a simple edit, I will make her legs to a different color.

If you can't find the selection in "UV Editing", you can always press "A" to select everything.

image.png.87b8f7e996c2c32202bf5e859f745fcf.png

You can use the previous step to view the current changes to the texture. 

Here I move the selection to another area of the textures (by pressing "G") to make her socks longer.

image.png.8db930f5b2d2eddf1f3b1045f60ef1f3.png

Here is the entire selection, remember to use "L" for each zone to select it, or "Shift + L" to deselect any section.

image.png.8db930f5b2d2eddf1f3b1045f60ef1f3.png

And here is the final result, change to the "Layout" tab.

image.png.4b6eed0091f8d3a751c4283b7d31cd5e.png

You can also use the UV Editing part to make her nude there, if you change the selection to get skin instead of the sock material. 

image.png.bdc696d873f300323b903137c504b931.png

And you can make it look even better by using custom textures or even custom models but that would be even more advance for this tutorial, so I will leave her as is.

9. Now we need to write down the names of the things we have edited so we can port them to Unity.

In "Object Mode", "Left click" on an object you made an edit, in this case the "onepiece"  that she wears.

image.png.b36c95b9586f1f4dfe258ced99ee22c0.png

Now go to the "scene collection" tab (you can resize it if it is too small by holding the edges) and search for the highlighted object, in this case, the "onepiece".

image.png.3d9af6a41afbe5ee639ff07f6f860335.png

Write down the name of that file and do the same for the other parts, remember that the small part that we made can be found in here, so just use the arrows to move between the objects and when you get the highlighted items ready, just write the names!

image.png.2e25fc9c447ec7f18bcecdfd5c3987e2.png

Files that you only have done "UV Editing" and without meshes also count, so mark them down.

image.png.2b0e7539981ef10cf5ff6b13fa5121a0.png

10. Now this is important, if your game models has a name with an ":" inside of it, we need to rename them on the files that we plan to import into unity! (it is not necessary on files that are not edited)

If they do not have a ":" inside, then you can skip this step.

For example these edited model meshes have these files with ":"

1. env_bone:mesh_shunya:flil_low
  2. env_bone:mesh_shunya:onepiece
  3. env_bone:mesh_shunya:legs  

so we would need to rename them to something else, I simple make them like this.

image.png.b1a3a2ef990337dd17e4c7f5b11df0a2.png

To rename them, just double "Left click" on them and you can rename it to any name as long as it doesn't have a ":" on it.

Try to make them similar to the original name for easier use.

11. Finally after you got the names of the meshes that you have edited from the steps above either with the original ones or the new ones if they have a ":" included, then we are ready to export the file!

In "Object mode", "Left click" outside the model so nothing is selected.

Then go to "File" > "Export" > "FBX".

image.png.5f786e19a8106a98d8cf102aba02d4e1.png

12. Inside the FBX Export window, copy these exact settings or Unity might have an issue generating the meshes!

image.png.d2ec120db761dc01cd1474ed9c80a607.png

More settings you need to copy!

image.png.c56c7ed8c88e916a7631d6efb48642f6.png

Also copy these too.

image.png.dd44c656dd245e772fd620c0e4fe8dae.png

You can put the file with any name as long as it has .fbx but make it short for easier use if possible.

Then click on "Export FBX" and save it onto the extracted folder of the Assetstudio file we got.

13. Once that is done, you will have both the original FBX file and the newly edited with your stuff in Blender in the same folder.

image.png.ff2d83cf12f3bfd4e4961c81e8ff9460.png

If your model doesn't have textures when you import it to blender even though you clicked on the options above to see them, follow these extra steps.

Extra step 1:

After you got the model in Blender, click somewhere empty in Blender in the 3D View in "Object Mode".

Then press "A" to select everything and go to these red icon. (Material tab)

From there "left click" on the same icon but in white and give the object a texture by selecting it.

image.png.228daa8a7d190e5b48eff78511b19617.png

The texture is usually the file with the name on the folder of the extracted FBX file from Assetstudio.

It should be done seamlessly by itself but it could fail, so that is the manual way of doing it.

image.png.816202e4c7b31c14931631d5988943c5.png

Also make sure to copy the exact same "Import" and "Export" settings or the next step in Unity is pretty much guaranteed to fail, for sure.

3RDUNITYBanner.thumb.png.c5a4b787f7b948764c8b128e0b0a3d8e.png

INDEX: 3 - HOW TO IMPORT AN EDITED BLENDER MODEL OF AN UNITY GAME INTO UNITY

Reveal hidden contents

Since we got the 2 FBX files (The original one and the edited one), it is time to open unity. 

1. Open Unity and create an account if you need it, after that Unity will open the "Unity Hub"

2. From there create a new "new project".

Remember the save file location, it will go into "your documents" if left by default.

image.png.69d8bcd3761a5e99808cb94a757ae502.png

3. Then above, in the program border, you can choose the Unity version that you want to use, you can use the one we found from the games files or go with the trusty "Unity 2020.3.36f1 (64-bit)" version.

4. Select "3D" core, rename the project to a name you like and change the project location if you don't like it by default, then "Create the project".

image.png.f4764dc41e575616840a4ac96f21369e.png

5. Wait a bit for the files to be generated and here is the Unity window.

Get accostumed to it since we are going to use it for a bit.

image.png.083882661592f3f0aa5605560ee628f6.png

6. Now lets start by creating some folders for the tools to create meshes! 

"Right click" on the empty space on "Assets" > "Create" > "Folder"

14openablankunityprojectandcreateanewfolderlikethis.png.379c306e3790f9fe7bb5fb298ec72833.png

We need to make 3 folders in here and with these exacts names and punctuations! 

• Editor
  • Export
  • Prefab

15createthisfolders.PNG.d42237b65113240690e2955ca79624e3.PNG

8. Now enter inside the "Editor" folder and it is time to use the files included on the tutorial.

After extracting the .rar included in the tutorial, drag and drop the file that has the skinned mesh addon for Unity onto the Editor folder (don't mind the other file in the image, it is for a test) 

16dropyourskinnedmeshgeneratorhereintheeditorfolder.PNG.ad972ca370e5b0e5fdd09a5dbccaf9f8.PNG

9. After that is done you will notice that you have a new options tab above the Unity bar in the "Tools" section, we are going to use it later on.

image.png.4a9d675e73e9335bd5755809a094e001.png

10. Once that is done, lets install the other addon onto Unity so we can build the actual data files so it is easier than compiling the entire thing!

Open the "Window" tab and go into "Package Manager".

17installtheassetbrowser.png.b8c17acf274a5f98119216ed802b11e1.png

11. From there "left click" onto the "+" icon and "Add package from disk".

Search the extracted folder of "AssetBundle Browser" included in the .rar and open the "package.json" file so Unity can add it.

18searchthefileandinstallit.png.ade95a051743852c4e76779517c1821e.png

image.png.87cc41ed25a5782f3e4a501d04adf903.png

12. Once that is done, it is time to import the FBX Files into Unity. 

We can simply drag and drop both FBX files inside the Unity "Asset" window

19droptheoriginalfbxthendroptheeditedblenderfilefbx.png.133db11201fcf8d53ba17b5ccbf00768.png

But make sure to drag and drop the original fbx file first and then the edited fbx file so we can have an easier time when generating the meshes.

20ready.PNG.193b5728f094cc468ec2e64cbe2d480e.PNG

13. After both files are inside the Unity "Assets" window, we need to move them into the "Scene" panel on the left so we can actually see them rendered. 

Drag and drop the original .fbx file of your model onto the left panel and then do the same with the edited .fbx file.

21dragthefilesintoscene.PNG.77f9cd4a5b3f5607cd8db9a1a264a741.PNG

Make sure to drag and drop the original fbx file first and then the edited fbx file so we can have an easier time when generating the meshes.

14. Now that both files are inside the scene we can view them but don't worry if they look off there.

In-game they should look fine if you didn't do some drastic changes on Blender or use the wrong import/export setting during that section.

15. Now that the files are on the Unity "Scene", we need to open the "Prefab" folder that we have created on the "Assets" window below.

Once inside the "Prefab" folder, drag the original .fbx file from the "Scene" into the "Prefab" folder.

Use the image example if you got lost.

22dragthefilesfromthescenetotheprefabpagedothesamewiththeeditedfbx.PNG.ea7d7c5a3b0aa4c06bb279412c3b9b29.PNGClick on "Original Prefab" when prompted.

Now do the same, with the edited .fbx file, drag it from the "Scene" window into the "Prefab" folder and click on "Original prefab" when prompted.

Always follow the order of original .fbx file first then the edited one!

16. This is how your "Prefab" folder should look like if you have moved the files from the "scene" into the "prefab" folder and if you click on one of them, you can see a "Open prefab" window too.

23openprefabofeditedfbx.PNG.873c5ecdbc94b97ef00eefd891297914.PNG

17. Select the edited .fbx mesh that we made in Blender inside the "Prefab" folder and click on "Open prefab"

23openprefabofeditedfbx.PNG.873c5ecdbc94b97ef00eefd891297914.PNG

18. Your window should be changed like this, now with this view, go into "Tools" > "Mesh" > "Generate Skinned Mesh Component" (beware that this option is not going to appear if you failed to import the "skinned mesh renderer" addon into the "Editor" folder in Unity from some steps ago)24generatemesh.png.592d20a8975ca75be645506995b4f709.png

19. With a new window open, it is time to remember the names (original or changed if it had a ":") from the meshes that we have edited in Blender (good thing we marked them down somewhere).

Click on the marked circle and select the "Base mesh" from the original .fbx model.

In this case I will select the onepiece so I need to click on "env_bone:mesh_shunya:onepiece"

image.png.c70eedfd8c716364b821acfc79e307b5.png

Then click on the "0" and change it to a "1" so we can add a mesh to be generated (you see where this is going?)

Click on the "circle option" (marked in red) and here select the mesh that you have edited in Blender from the edited .fbx file.

Don't worry if this is only one mesh, we can do this step multiple times.

image.png.3db8226a87e7d9411f470d1aad91adaf.png

Once selected, this is how your screen should look like. 

We have the original mesh .fbx file part that we use as a base and we have the new one that is edited in Blender below.

Only thing left to do is click "Generate".

I wish you the best of luck!! 

image.png.71faa03059d2f38c065ae2823f3dcb56.png

This part has 2 endings:

Ending 1 - The good ending:

You either followed the guide step by step without skipping anything (seriously even the easy stuff is required for increasing the chances of the mesh being generated) and you get this prompt (not with the same number but something similar)

image.png.9fc1834bc515d3dd61d98903c1f14567.png

Then I am glad to announce you just finished the most difficult part of the guide!

This is the single most critical point of failure of people when doing unity mods, so now that you followed the steps and copied all the settings, the rest of this is going to be a piece of cake, congrats!

Ending 2 - The bad ending:

You received an error in red like "Unknown handle" or "Unknown key.exception", then I am afraid you didn't follow the guide and that is the most generic error when generating meshes.

You can either redo the entire process or give up, I don't judge you, it is difficult to fail here but there's nothing we can do to fix it since the error is so generic that it could possible be anything, so please follow the steps and copy the exact same settings even the ones that are "unmarked".

I make a huge point about this because I am sure that most people are going to have trouble with that part if they don't follow the guide exactly as it is written.

All the Unity models mod follow this exact same steps to make a mod, but there is another way to make custom models mods for Unity but that one is really bad and it have issues with scaling on the models.

I will not explain that method since this guide is pretty long as is and I don't want it to be that confusing.

20. Now with the mesh generated, we need to do the previous step for each new mesh that we made in Blender, so I will do this for the Onepiece, the legs and the skirt.

image.png.035e6f2afbf46c8abbc626fb4f1d42cb.png

If you use the original name on both the fbx files (the original and the edited one), always pick the top choice in the "base mesh" and the "bottom choice" for the option below where you put a "1".

That is why I made you drag and drop the original .fbx file first and then the edited one, for that exact step.

So don't forget to read the guide without skipping it.

image.png.76f6ea8c29cdb4fb7674444e34776f1b.png

21. After all the meshes are generated, go to the "Export" tab in your "Assets" window

In here you will find the newly generated meshes that you got from the horrible process before by generating them one by one.

image.png.5c5f368674924eb95a2243b2db353674.png

22. Now lets click on one of the meshes, and look at the inspector window below where it says "AssetBundle".

image.png.d8e6b8add22161c3773e15df4621a1ef.png

23. In that section, click on the dropdown tab where it says "none" and then click on "new".

Here we need to write an easy name for the bundle.

Try to copy the original one from the mesh, so I will put "fill" in here.

image.png.8d66d536eea994ba2be33acf7296e4c7.png

Rename it and press "Enter" to confirm the name.

image.png.7d24fa1f798d000c7c64b723574cece6.png

24. Now that we have the exported mesh with a proper name, do the same from step 21 with the other exported models.

In my case I will have to add a name to the "legs" and "onepiece"

image.png.e0b4b799ccf205accc108b7c68ddb75a.png

image.png.3c50cdad61cec55c71d93ca0e65953c3.png

25. Once everything is renamed, open the "Window" tab > then go to "AssetBundle Browser".

image.png.efdb8e55e868bd2358c33ae4d26c6d9b.png

26. A new window should appear, here is the "AssetBundle Browser", click on the "Configure" tab to make sure all the exported mesh files have their names added.

You can click the "Reload" icon near "Configure" if they don't appear too.

image.png.f43002fd978e989d3d7c8e95f4bd684d.png

27. Once they are there, go to the "Build" Tab and copy these settings.

After they are copied, go to the "browse" button and select the inside section of the  "3 Unity" folder we made before.

image.png.88ecb64ac909b50338db1f335ba3df07.png

image.png.61b70922b7618b8a61ebbc26d80255a2.png

28. After that, just build the bundle file.

image.png.3e528e4f6a4e2b0d61d096a62e2bef1b.png

After some minutes from the build, you will find some files with the names that you gave them during the export section.

So here I have 3 export files and the basic Unity stuff.

image.png.a4521ca9a94224d7037a79d1efba5fa3.png

Do you remember the blank and manifest files?

They are back, so we need to open them in pairs but we will do that on the last section luckily.

Don't worry the worst just passed, over here it is smooth sailing.

With that concludes the Unity section of the guide.

It is the most difficult part of the guide without counting the stuff we do on Blender, so I don't blame you if you fail on your first attempt but read the guide properly and you will have your models mods ready in no time!

Or you know, just do textures mods, that is pretty easy and less of a headache.

> Is it possible to find a fix for the "Unknown catch/exception" error when generating meshes in unity?

Not really, it is a generic error, you would have to retrace your steps and do it all over again.

It could be as simple as exporting a model in the wrong way or changing some weights and bones without noticing to almost anything.

That is why, you must follow the guide step by step and with the same settings.

Although there is another method to import models into Unity but it is even worse than this, so I will refrain from explaining it. 

Hopefully in the future someone finds an easier way of porting models to Unity, but this is a guaranteed way of doing mods with no issues on the armature, weights or bones! 

And that is the way I have being doing Unity mods for all this months, including the Nep SvS modpack with all the 50+ new models

Although getting this far into the guide only to fail at generating the mesh just because of a human oversight of skipping to read something from this guide is truly a shame.

You can also use 3DMigoto and avoid all these stuff, but 3DMigoto is also really hard to use with all the name variables and command lines to get the right buffer on the frame of the model, it is better just to stick to textures sometimes.

Good luck and lets move to the final section!

4thUABEBanner.thumb.png.4c2f8af4d38dc647867be59fbd125865.png

INDEX: 4 - HOW TO IMPORT RAW DATA MODELS INTO UNITY FILES WITH UABE

Reveal hidden contents

Last section!

1. Go to the "3 Unity folder" we made and open "UABEA".

image.png.c58ff6fe30b09de48f3e7427a592c212.png

2. You can turn the "Dark mode" here to save your eyes, if you want.

image.png.a09ea856e14b2efae1746d5589eb1303.png

3. Remember the directory of the "3 Unity" folder, then go to "File" > " Open".

image.png.09d510dc1ef12cf452fcd3fcff3aaebd.png

4. Open the directory of the "3 Unity" folder and now open the first pair of exported files from unity.

In my case I will open the "legs" and "legs.manifest" file. 

Remember to only open files of the same name and in pairs if they have ".manifest" file or just by themselves if they use a ".bundle" extension.

You can hold "CTRL" to select both files.

image.png.119600e0490eabfa198f36ce4a17930d.png

5. Once you "Open" the files, you will see a pop up window asking for a place to store the temporal files.

Always select "Memory" since it will clean itself after you close the program!

image.png.ad7299c776c49fceb2f5aca048b89591.png

6. Once that done, you will have your files loaded, so just go into "info" for now.

image.png.95c4783ba6a542548a1e674d1596bc98.png

7. Here we have multiple options, but we just want the mesh file "raw data", so we need to:

"Left click" onto the mesh file, then go into "Export Raw Data" and select the "4 UABEA" folder we made some sections ago.

image.png.72cb6107136fbe8bf66b7b7ba7fa81e3.png

So extract the "Raw data file" from the mesh inside the "4 UABEA" folder.

image.png.f9ab47234266427ba22caad8b1344e7d.png

Do not change the name or the .dat file extension!!

8. Then simply go to the "File" tab > "Close"

image.png.e6a84ed038b76dbb9b8fcfb52b53688a.png

9. Do it again "File" > "Close" 

image.png.4160e54455bf369c1ad052f9e9d1a65e.png

We need to do that so we don't corrupt the data by simple closing it, similarly to how you "safe eject" a USB drive.

After that is done, we need to do the same process with the rest of the exported files that we got from Unity, so I will start from step 3 of these section again and do the rest of the files.

In my case I should only have left the "legs" and "onepiece" left after that one.

10. After doing that process for the rest of the export files, we should have some ".dat" files inside the "4 UABEA" folder, these are our meshes.

image.png.3a98dd9ccb6f7af2426bdcf8c3aaface.png

11. Now, copy the base file from the model that we got from Assetsudio from the "0 Base" folder into the "4 UABEA" folder so we can edit it.

Just copy it, do not cut it, so we can have a backup.

image.png.4f04e1a83d7f1546d2ab65db0ccaa0c9.pngimage.png.97d42a4b4c35220738c774abe608aef4.png

12. Open "UABEA" again, and go to "File" > "Open" and select the file you got from the "0 BASE" folder, in my case it was "chara_001" but in yours it could be something else, even with a ".bundle" file, it just depends of the Unity game.

image.png.386f900bbb6215dd1bffd68ea47a73a1.png

13. Once you "Open" the files, you will see a pop up window asking for a place to store the temporal files.

Always select "Memory" since it will clean itself after you close the program!

image.png.ad7299c776c49fceb2f5aca048b89591.png

14. Left click on "Info".

image.png.263e243308da9c002262532e07145f7c.png

15. To find the stuff that we need to change, press "CTRL E" and you will get a "Type filter" tab similar to Assetstudio.

So here "deselect all" and only mark the thing that we want to change, in this case "Meshes".

image.png.14d76ce7fa00436d4efff45fa9b961ce.png

16. With only the "Meshes" selected, click on the "X" and sort by "name" if you want.

We need to find the original meshes that we edited in Blender, in my case I need to find these ones:

1. env_bone:mesh_shunya:flil_low
  2. env_bone:mesh_shunya:onepiece
  3. env_bone:mesh_shunya:legs  

17. Once you find them, simple "left click" on one to select it, then "left click" onto "Import Raw Data"

image.png.181f9c313ec931deb093d31feb8c7d07.png

18. Inside this window, select the corresponding extracted data from Unity.

For example: in this case I want the "Raw Data" from the extracted "legs" model, so I will select the "legs.dat" file and open it.

One easy way to tell which file you are currently importing data is to read the "name" on the side.

image.png.5e9ff98b900ed9a0124b0c29228b7f15.png

So open the corresponding file with the corresponding export raw .dat files that we got from the previous steps. 

Do not mix the data files or they will appear invisible during the game.

For example: Only use the "onepiece" .dat file for the "onepiece" file in UABEA.

19. Once the importing is done, if you expand the window of UABEA, you will notice that the modified tab has the file we just edited with a "*".

image.png.b05ce291e5a03dbc81c3fbe21fbfea43.png

Now repeat the process again with the rest of the export files that you got from Unity and then you got the .dat from UABEA.

I will start from step 17 of this section again and do the rest of the files.

In my case I should only have left the "legs" and "onepiece" to "Import Raw Data".

20. After that is done, go to make sure all the files that you have edited have a "*" on the modified tab.

21. Here you can also change textures for the model with custom ones but you should follow the 6 minute video tutorial on how to do that, just to be sure.

22. When you have everything edited, and imported, go to "File" > "Save" > "OK"

image.png.dcdc1c3b4cf5e4f7ad727d18b5fc1b3a.png

Then go to "File" >  "Close"

image.png.69578d541f8f074a416ca0be850cdf8c.png

23. Notice how the file has a "*" 

image.png.ef7101bb565cbdf741403604fc8e8af4.png

So once more, go to "File" > "Save"

image.png.07b49c6b500961817f2ffb8fe410b6ff.png

Finally go to "File" > "Close".

image.png.048a537f13abf7807f59f03ed7d26c11.png

Congratulations on your Unity model mod!

You can move the finish file into the "5 done" folder because the thing is truly done.

- You can save and close the blender project on the "2 Blender" folder if you want to be organized.

- And the Unity addon files can be reused later on too, so no need to create a new project.

it is a bit advance but it is convenient after a while.

Just open the same project again that you used in this tutorial with all the folders and files installed and delete the files from the scene, assets, prefab, export folders and select another folder to build the assetbundle file if you want.   

I seriously poured my heart into this tutorial, I hope you can use it.

Enjoy your mod and good luck! 

OLD GUIDE - KEPT FOR ARCHIVAL ONLY

Reveal hidden contents

How to edit models in Unity (Pretty advanced beware!) - Made by Parapara RIP 

i updated Skinned Mesh Renderer.cs here

changes : add submesh & blendshape support,
issue : submesh order may incorrect after generated

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...