Well, I wanted to start a thread here about what kind of Starborn Powers we can create with smut in mind, I have a few ideas but the thread is open for other people to add more to my suggestions:

1) Mind Manipulation - A power which would affect the Mind that makes the target your slave but this one can be used to break an NPC or crew member's mind and to make him/her your slave/sex slave. 

2) Power that vaporizes clothes or maybe like above, power that can affect an NPC or crew member's mind and make them strip. 

3) Choking - I would like to see a power that could choke a target/NPC/ally/crew member/etc. that would bring them a mixture of pain and pleasure. Pretty much I am envisioning this something like Force Choke from the Star Wars universe.

4) Electrocution - we do have a power that releases a spark or some electric charge, but I would like to see that power add pain, fear and arousal over its target. It would be cool to be used in bed/BDSM fun as well. 

5) Power that would inflict the target with mind-binding lust making them seek their release to the closest NPC/Player characters around. 

6) Empathy - we do already have Empathy in-game but I would like to see it upgraded, with the power of Empathy you could instill certain kinds of emotions in your target fear/lust/uncertainty/doubt/etc.

Of course, the above suggestions are just rough ones, and probably will not work exactly like that, but it is a good use to the powers that you acquire. 

Edited by The92Ghost

Power 1 is already covered if you go through the Ryujin questline, Power 2 I can see some use for but you'd have to be mindful where you use it or not for combat reasons, power 3 I can see working well, power 4 Could work well but as with power 2 you would have to be mindful that their is a medium which the Lightning can go through, powers 5 and 6 could easily be mixed with power 1 which is already covered by the Ryujin questline no need to split the mental abilities when their is already a in game device we can use and manipulate to achieve the same effects that we want.

36 minutes ago, XaldonAjide said:

Power 1 is already covered if you go through the Ryujin questline, Power 2 I can see some use for but you'd have to be mindful where you use it or not for combat reasons, power 3 I can see working well, power 4 Could work well but as with power 2 you would have to be mindful that their is a medium which the Lightning can go through, powers 5 and 6 could easily be mixed with power 1 which is already covered by the Ryujin questline no need to split the mental abilities when their is already a in game device we can use and manipulate to achieve the same effects that we want.

I think I'd like to expand on the Ryujin tech, myself. Allow the player to research better implants to give extra powers. Maybe some other ones that you can implant into helpless victims to make them more susceptible, or alter behavior over time.

Could be scope for some cool corruption/discrediting missions as well :)

15 hours ago, DocClox said:

Have you finished the Ryujin questline yet? Lot of potential in there :)

I have, but what I suggest is a bit more advanced than that. Currently, you can control a target for 30 or so seconds without maximum upgrade and you can affect strong enemies later on. However, all you can order them to do is kill each other, nothing to what I've suggested. Since the idea of my suggestion is for the power to break the mind completely and make the target a sex slave. Not just a slave. 

7 hours ago, The92Ghost said:

I have, but what I suggest is a bit more advanced than that. Currently, you can control a target for 30 or so seconds without maximum upgrade and you can affect strong enemies later on. However, all you can order them to do is kill each other, nothing to what I've suggested. Since the idea of my suggestion is for the power to break the mind completely and make the target a sex slave. Not just a slave. 

I'm just thinking, we have a technique for remote influence built into the game. Building on top of that seems like the obvious thing to do.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 9:17 PM, The92Ghost said:

Breeding manipulation could be made to work (but needs stories for gameplay to fit with).

Meanwhile, though, currently you can order a manipulated npc to stay, or to activate something, and you can sometimes also manipulate them in dialog.

9 hours ago, sen4mi said:

Meanwhile, though, currently you can order a manipulated npc to stay, or to activate something, and you can sometimes also manipulate them in dialog.

Naked captive in a glass cage. Manipulate: Go and sit in that chair over there. The one next to the Evil Brainwashing Machine. I can see that working.

Might want to look at drugs or similar that reverse the effect where you can never control someone again once you fail. And/or make someone generally more receptive to the effect.