Can someone do me a favor

• 2 weeks later...

a very daunting task. figuring what works with what alone is already a major headache. been on the forum since the days of CK2 and even now i am clueless what works with what for CK3. 

speaking of which, how about someone please list the working mods on this site for the current version of CK3. thats all i ask for.

thanks

6 hours ago, Itsuji said:

a very daunting task. figuring what works with what alone is already a major headache. been on the forum since the days of CK2 and even now i am clueless what works with what for CK3. 

speaking of which, how about someone please list the working mods on this site for the current version of CK3. thats all i ask for.

thanks

Couldn't agree more. I'm just coming back to CK3 after more than a year away - updated the game and now trying to update mods while figuring out which will still work and if they do will they work with this or that other mod. It's only my second day at so I've still got a way to go yet. ?

What I have done in the past(and still do) are:

1.  Look at the date the last big CK3 update was released (example:  August 22nd)

2.  Look for mods that have been updated after August 22nd.  This gives me an idea that the mod has been updated for that major update.

3.  Download those first(if they are ones that you want) and make sure they work right.

4.  Begin downloading the older ones to test if they work or not.  Don't use a previous save for the tests.  That's bad.

1 hour ago, Riija said:

What I have done in the past(and still do) are:

1.  Look at the date the last big CK3 update was released (example:  August 22nd)

2.  Look for mods that have been updated after August 22nd.  This gives me an idea that the mod has been updated for that major update.

3.  Download those first(if they are ones that you want) and make sure they work right.

4.  Begin downloading the older ones to test if they work or not.  Don't use a previous save for the tests.  That's bad.

I've got 31 mods installed and the game loads to the menu screen so I'm about to do a last check to see if there are any other mods I want before I try my first test game.

3 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I've got 31 mods installed and the game loads to the menu screen so I'm about to do a last check to see if there are any other mods I want before I try my first test game.

You should at the very least add another step to your method. Start a new game using whichever character. It won't add that much time to load time since everything is frontloaded before the menu, except for the map, character distribution, and events.

There's bound to be some mod that's not updated that becomes a blocker to getting to the map. That or you might miss finding out that characters are weird, wonky, and naked when they are distributed to the map.

Edited by abrevlan
Punctuation
2 hours ago, abrevlan said:

You should at the very least add another step to your method. Start a new game using whichever character. It won't add that much time to load time since everything is frontloaded before the menu, except for the map, character distribution, and events.

There's bound to be some mod that's not updated that becomes a blocker to getting to the map. That or you might miss finding out that characters are weird, wonky, and naked when they are distributed to the map.

That was an option I considered but didn't go with. I've tried a few different starts in different places and with vanilla characters and a custom. The game still feels a bit flaky and my biggest problem is that I don't know what half these mods do exactly so I don't know if they are doing it. ☹️

I should really have played a vanilla game first as I haven't played this since Royal Court days. And if I was going to be sensible I should have start with 5 or 6 mods and worked my way up. ?

On 10/1/2023 at 7:13 AM, Grey Cloud said:

I should really have played a vanilla game first as I haven't played this since Royal Court days. And if I was going to be sensible I should have start with 5 or 6 mods and worked my way up. ?

same. tbh i got the game because of the mods. i won't be bothered with Rimworld or CK without the mods here on the site. lol

they just feel hollow without loverslab mods. it is like loverslab is the taste u get from the beautiful food u see. no matter what they add or going to add, the game would just taste bland and flavorless without it.

cant play the base game without these mods. cant go back there anymore.  and for the other titles i play, i often wonder if anyone are gonna make mods for them, like bannerlord or starfield for instance. 

been contemplating playing the base game without the mods and trying one mod at a time but everytime i reached the point where i am satisfied with the sets of mods i have then a new update comes along and i ll have to wait a year for my fav mods to be updated, been a couple of cycles of that already with ck and rimworld. can be rather frustrating sometimes as u get way older and less sharper but i understand the necessity for updates. last attempt i made to play CK3 with the mods i used to know took up an entire weekend just to figure out what works and the load order and it still wont work as desired. so am wondering if there are easier ways to it instead from everyone, if anyone is keeping track which can be rather frustrating for those which aren't following the mods closely.

it is a buttache that i am willing to take and live with though getting it to work always takes more time than the time i have to play in the end so i am hoping that i can spend more time playing and less time troubleshooting.

ps. pardon by broken English. my English doesnt sound right and sound confusing i know.  this is not google translated  lol.

Edited by Itsuji
6 hours ago, Itsuji said:

same. tbh i got the game because of the mods. i won't be bothered with Rimworld or CK without the mods here on the site. lol

they just feel hollow without loverslab mods. it is like loverslab is the taste u get from the beautiful food u see. no matter what they add or going to add, the game would just taste bland and flavorless without it.

cant play the base game without these mods. cant go back there anymore.  and for the other titles i play, i often wonder if anyone are gonna make mods for them, like bannerlord or starfield for instance. 

been contemplating playing the base game without the mods and trying one mod at a time but everytime i reached the point where i am satisfied with the sets of mods i have then a new update comes along and i ll have to wait a year for my fav mods to be updated, been a couple of cycles of that already with ck and rimworld. can be rather frustrating sometimes as u get way older and less sharper but i understand the necessity for updates. last attempt i made to play CK3 with the mods i used to know took up an entire weekend just to figure out what works and the load order and it still wont work as desired. so am wondering if there are easier ways to it instead from everyone, if anyone is keeping track which can be rather frustrating for those which aren't following the mods closely.

it is a buttache that i am willing to take and live with though getting it to work always takes more time than the time i have to play in the end so i am hoping that i can spend more time playing and less time troubleshooting.

ps. pardon by broken English. my English doesnt sound right and sound confusing i know.  this is not google translated  lol.

There are a lot of people here on LL who will agree with all that for the various games here on the site.

I'm a member of Larian's BG3 forum which has a small modding section. Last week a guy posted asking for help, saying he had done everything right but he could get the game to work.  He had installed 241 mods in one go. He had patches installed before the mods they were patching. All his mods in alphabetical order. Mods which hadn't been updated since the full release of the game. Mods which hadn't been updated since the various patches. All that from a quick glance at his LO. But apart from that he had 'done everything right'.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 6:04 PM, Grey Cloud said:

He had installed 241 mods in one go. He had patches installed before the mods they were patching. All his mods in alphabetical order. Mods which hadn't been updated since the full release of the game. Mods which hadn't been updated since the various patches. All that from a quick glance at his LO. But apart from that he had 'done everything right'.

241 mods. i think i did had that many mods with Rimworld that worked for a week or two until someone updated some mods which caused many others to fail and eventually faced very similar problem to his. i developed a self governing policy to reduce mods to as little as possible and priorities are always given to LL mods but needless to say, it can still be hard  to maintain discipline.

i dont know what is right or not to be honest, i just try to follow instructions and try opinions on load orders and what not, all i know is all i knew may not be relevant anymore.

am gonna try see if i can get things to work today since its been awhile, will report back if there is anything worthy to share or ask.

u have a good day there. cheers. love the Tao excerpt in your signature. 

Edited by Itsuji