I love the idea of having to work my way up in a society that is pitted against me.

I imagine starting as a simple servant or in jail, having to maybe do some sexual stuff to get money. Having to work to buy a ship, and when I finaly get one, the crew treats me like crap :D

I've always loved the idea of the sexlab survival mod for skyrim, but I'm not really into that game. So I hope there will be some mod that fulfills that itch :3

5 hours ago, badassbuddy said:

im hoping some nice alt starts come out like live another life for skyrim or start me up for fallout 4. and would love to see some slavory mod. 

Totally agree, my idea is pretty far fetched at the moment, but I do believe that it could be possible in the future :3

I'm thinking that many people want a more believable start without being given a ship for free. And combined with some sort of interaction or quest mod it doesn't seem too far fetched.

I would actually want the opposite, in the sense that you start out as the hero, find a kinky dominant or kinky society who you can consensually propose to to take you on as a slave and they then place you on probation and you work your way up into more and more stricter levels of submission and slavery. Submissive Lola for Skyrim does some of that very well but that one is designed to be as non-intrusive to your gameplay as possible so it's fairly limited. But it's a very good foundation for a kinky slavery mod idea.

Honestly i could see extending out the initial miner opening with a mod like this, Miner is pretty low on the totem pole of the universe as we see on Mars.

The initial start is the same, you create your character and after that Lin goes off for a while leaving you stuck in that small hab with a bunch of people who are very upset you caused a stop to the dig finding the artifact.

Get a taste of how displeased they are, maybe Barrett doesn't just give you the ship but offers to loan it to you to get off world 'for a price' (maybe watching them take advantage as well as himself)  Or flip it and have her sell you off with the hunk of metal they dug up for him.

On 9/25/2023 at 12:24 PM, Grimmhelm said:

Honestly i could see extending out the initial miner opening with a mod like this, Miner is pretty low on the totem pole of the universe as we see on Mars.

The initial start is the same, you create your character and after that Lin goes off for a while leaving you stuck in that small hab with a bunch of people who are very upset you caused a stop to the dig finding the artifact.

Get a taste of how displeased they are, maybe Barrett doesn't just give you the ship but offers to loan it to you to get off world 'for a price' (maybe watching them take advantage as well as himself)  Or flip it and have her sell you off with the hunk of metal they dug up for him.

Personally I prefer my alt starts as unobtrusive to the main comps as possible, and keeping in line with the characters personalities, that being said. Constellation is a pretty dull organization and all the companions are some flavor of good, with not many morally grey or even evil. in terms of the main romanceable and story comps from what I've seen so far.

But! I wouldn't mind if we got some not so morally good comps via mods that could fill that void, because that is what this game is missing, especially when we get the slavery and rape mods coming in. It would just be whiplash to go from characters that accost you just because you wanted some money from that npc from a side quest, to characters actively and encouraging the violation of the player. I would like to have the option to have sex with the vanilla companions, but with constellation I just don't see it working for the character's that Bethesda has written, at least not in the sense that doesn't cause some kind of whiplash.

I much prefer the alt starts of Skyrim slavery where you start enslaved to a random master npc and either serve or try to escape, or the one's where you've already escaped but are at risk of being recaptured, and definitely make the slave aspect unobtrusive to the main story, and characters for the most part, Maybe it's just me but for starfield I'd prefer new morally grey or evil companions for something like that I heard something about being able to get pirate companions by joining the Crimson Fleet apparently so that could be an option with them. 

One aspect that is missing from Starfield that I think will be necessary for Alt Starts, but also poverty, theft, and kidnapping role play is a way to play the game without a ship.

I can think of 3 features that would help roleplaying mods quite a bit.

1. Passenger ships.  Have a kiosk or person in each city where you can book passage to other settled systems.
  2. Emergency Beacon.  A device that will summon a random ship to your location in case you get stranded on a planet.  This would be useful for defeat mods with theft or kidnapping options.
  3. Stolen Ship.  Have a system where your ship is stolen.  It could start a quest where you have to recover it or buy it off a black market dealer.  In the meantime the ship would be gone from your inventory along with all it's cargo until you get it back.  To add to the difficulty I would say that you could only transfer to another ship at a spaceport (requiring an emergency beacon to get there).

I think this would dramatically change the nature of the game and allow for more roleplay options.  Alt start as a poor miner on Cydonia? are you going to save your credits to buy your own ship or perform a "favor" for a captain to get to Akila City? Did you get kidnapped by Spacers? Hopefully you can escape their base and find a emergency beacon in a locker to be rescued.  Was you ship destroyed in battle, or were you boarded by the Crimson Fleet and they showed you the airlock with nothing but a cheap suit and a leaky helmet?  You better hope someone finds you before your air runs out. Nevermind what they ask for a reward. 

• 2 weeks later...

One way to get around without a ship would be to work your passage. Talk to the spacefaring types in bars and see if you can find someone with a ship who needs a skill that you can provide. Or who is interested in some ... other service you might provide for the crew. It would need some way to make the journey last longer than "whoosh - landing at Akila City", but that should be doable.

Regarding Constellation, I can imagine a scenario where you turn up at the lodge and they they take the artifact, give you a couple hundred credits and push you out the door. Probably changing the access code afterwards. They could take the watch back too, but then you'd be missing a chunk of HUD. Which might be interesting in itself of course.

Am 28.09.2023 um 03:03 Uhr sagte thefabulousfink:

Ein Aspekt, der in Starfield fehlt und meiner Meinung nach für Alt Starts notwendig sein wird, aber auch Armut, Diebstahl und Entführungsrollenspiele ist eine Möglichkeit, das Spiel ohne Schiff zu spielen.

Mir fallen drei Funktionen ein, die Rollenspiel-Mods erheblich helfen würden.

1. Passagierschiffe. Haben Sie in jeder Stadt einen Kiosk oder eine Person, an der Sie Durchfahrten zu anderen besiedelten Systemen buchen können.
  2. Notfallsignal. Ein Gerät, das ein zufälliges Schiff zu Ihrem Standort ruft, falls Sie auf einem Planeten stranden. Dies wäre nützlich, um Mods mit Diebstahl- oder Entführungsoptionen zu besiegen.
  3. Gestohlenes Schiff. Haben Sie ein System, in dem Ihr Schiff gestohlen wird. Es könnte eine Quest starten, bei der Sie es zurückholen oder von einem Schwarzmarkthändler kaufen müssen. In der Zwischenzeit wäre das Schiff zusammen mit der gesamten Ladung aus Ihrem Inventar verschwunden, bis Sie es zurückerhalten. Um die Schwierigkeit noch zu erhöhen, würde ich sagen, dass man nur an einem Raumhafen auf ein anderes Schiff umsteigen kann (wofür man ein Notsignal benötigt, um dorthin zu gelangen).

Ich denke, dies würde die Natur des Spiels dramatisch verändern und mehr Rollenspieloptionen ermöglichen. Alt als armer Bergmann auf Cydonia anfangen? Wirst du deine Credits sparen, um ein eigenes Schiff zu kaufen oder einem Kapitän einen „Gefallen“ zu erweisen, um nach Akila City zu gelangen? Wurden Sie von Spacers entführt? Hoffentlich können Sie ihrer Basis entkommen und in einem Schließfach ein Notsignal finden, um gerettet zu werden. Wurde Ihr Schiff im Kampf zerstört oder wurden Sie von der Crimson Fleet geentert und sie zeigten Ihnen die Luftschleuse mit nichts als einem billigen Anzug und einem undichten Helm? Hoffen Sie besser, dass Sie jemand findet, bevor Ihnen die Luft ausgeht. Egal, was sie als Belohnung verlangen. 

Point 3 is already in the game ... I had captured six of my eight ships ... is easiest on uninhabited planets/moons.

Since I always took them away from a faction - which is hostile to the "UC" or "FS" - you don't have any problems with them at the spaceport.

I only "legalised" these ships shortly before selling them by paying a fee.

Capturing ships to get money/credits ... is not worth it - as there is only a very small difference between the "legalisation" fee and the selling price of the respective ship.

(The trading skill seems to have no relevance here - even with level 4 the fee did not become smaller or the sales proceeds larger - ??)

27 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

Point 3 is already in the game ... I had captured six of my eight ships ... is easiest on uninhabited planets/moons.

I think you misread that. They're talking about the case where your ship is stolen and you're left without transport.

Vor 9 Minuten sagte DocClox:

Ich glaube, Sie haben das falsch verstanden. Sie reden über den Fall, dass Ihr Schiff gestohlen wird und Sie ohne Transport zurückbleiben.

All right ... but then I can still capture a ship myself - with about 500 planetary landings (on larger planets you have to do several landings for a complete "scan") there was factually ALWAYS 1-2 landing ships on the generated map.

These ships are usually "spacers" or "crimson pirates" or "mercenaries" or "snake worshippers" - so you can orgasm yourself a return trip.

More importantly, there would be a (so far non-existent) mechanic - that puts the OWN spaceship into orbit on a parking position ... while you walk (or buggy) undisturbed.

Also, there are 3-4 facilities in EACH landing zone that are occupied by enemy factions - that you can conquer/clean out to send a distress signal from there.

In order to implement the mechanics suggested by the user - you have to switch off the hijacking mechanics that have existed in the game so far (and which I described) ... have fun with it

6 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Capturing ships to get money/credits ... is not worth it - as there is only a very small difference between the "legalisation" fee and the selling price of the respective ship.

(The trading skill seems to have no relevance here - even with level 4 the fee did not become smaller or the sales proceeds larger - ??)

I ran into this also in the game, and after some research I learned that if you register your ship through the ship services agent, this problem absolutely crops up. However, if you register it through the ship status screen on your character sheet, it uses a different (lower) fee and appears to respect your skills when assessing the value of your ship (or rather, the markup that the agent applies).

You still have to sell your ship through the agent - though I haven't tested this on the terminals at the Stroud Eckland showroom on Neon. Its possible that cutting out the middleman might avoid those issues. 

Vor 2 Stunden sagte gregaaz:

Ich bin auch im Spiel darauf gestoßen, und nach einigen Recherchen habe ich herausgefunden, dass dieses Problem absolut auftritt, wenn man sein Schiff über den Schiffsservice-Agenten registriert. Wenn Sie es jedoch über den Schiffsstatusbildschirm auf Ihrem Charakterblatt registrieren, wird eine andere (niedrigere) Gebühr erhoben und es scheint Ihre Fähigkeiten bei der Bewertung des Wertes Ihres Schiffes zu berücksichtigen (oder besser gesagt, den Aufschlag, den der Agent anwendet).

Sie müssen Ihr Schiff immer noch über den Agenten verkaufen – obwohl ich dies nicht an den Terminals im Stroud Eckland Showroom auf Neon getestet habe. Es ist möglich, dass diese Probleme durch den Wegfall des Mittelsmanns vermieden werden. 

I didn't even try that at first ... At the time I sold my ships - I was already pretty depressed because of all the missing or broken mechanics.