Starfield - 10th Unity Finish - The Secrets of New Game Plus

Well 'upgrading' the Starborn armor in that way, isn't the same as say, changing the jump pack to a 'power jump pack'. Though it is interesting, it's not really what I meant on the other page by 'modding the armor'.

As with a bit of luck, and the right crafting skills, one can make better armor, and better ships, than the unchangable SB ship/armor.

5 hours ago, Wandering_Mania said:

Well 'upgrading' the Starborn armor in that way, isn't the same as say, changing the jump pack to a 'power jump pack'. Though it is interesting, it's not really what I meant on the other page by 'modding the armor'.

As with a bit of luck, and the right crafting skills, one can make better armor, and better ships, than the unchangable SB ship/armor.

Yeah I know what you mean, I think I would prefer Death than playthrough 11 times! Whoever made that vid was a Glutton for punishment for sure.

29 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Yeah I know what you mean, I think I would prefer Death than playthrough 11 times! Whoever made that vid was a Glutton for punishment for sure.

Maybe the video maker used console commands to skip through the repeated grind through the story.  Actually, hopefully they used them.

I finished my first playthrough like 2 hours ago and damn i am dissapointed by the suit and ship. The suit would have been good if it was 3 different parts not just one part. I mean only having 3 legendary effects instead of 9 possible effects suck. But i must say i like how the "Astra" suit looks. I think the second one still looks the same, but after the third playthrough it will look ugly.

But the ship is total crap, sure it's nice that you can look out into the space through that huge cockpit/bridge glass shield whatever. But no bed, no weapon/armor workbench etc. it's underwhelming.

I probably do another slow long playthrough, finish it again for the second suit and that will be my permanent savegame then. Gonna farm lots and lots of XP to make my char even more OP. Yeah and then at some point the first decent mods will be released i guess, so i start installing some.

10 hours ago, Mexicola88 said:

I finished my first playthrough like 2 hours ago and damn i am dissapointed by the suit and ship. The suit would have been good if it was 3 different parts not just one part. I mean only having 3 legendary effects instead of 9 possible effects suck. But i must say i like how the "Astra" suit looks. I think the second one still looks the same, but after the third playthrough it will look ugly.

But the ship is total crap, sure it's nice that you can look out into the space through that huge cockpit/bridge glass shield whatever. But no bed, no weapon/armor workbench etc. it's underwhelming.

I probably do another slow long playthrough, finish it again for the second suit and that will be my permanent savegame then. Gonna farm lots and lots of XP to make my char even more OP. Yeah and then at some point the first decent mods will be released i guess, so i start installing some.

Yeah, they made two mystifying decisions with the starborn armor. One, they made it all one piece. Two, they made it unmodifiable. I don't understand either decision. The armor looks kind of cool but unless the stats on run 10 are amazing it's easy to make and/or find better armor, pretty quickly too.

14 hours ago, Mexicola88 said:

Totally agree, and your "crew" just standing there.

Should have a mod to make the NG+ship like the Enterprise, with your own bridge and crew stations, and plenty of rooms for EVERYTHING..........

5 hours ago, rockitten said:

Totally agree, and your "crew" just standing there.

Should have a mod to make the NG+ship like the Enterprise, with your own bridge and crew stations, and plenty of rooms for EVERYTHING..........

I was taken aback by the lack of amenities in the Starborn ship too, Wait I now have to rent a room to get my sleep bonus!? Class rating says it can handle, what 5 crew? Where the heck would you put them, Storage is quite small too.  There is absolutely no "Creature Comforts" on that ship, No Sleep bonus, no galley, no work stations, etc. etc. 

• 1 month later...

There is a mod now that lets you modify the interior of the Starborn ships and enter decorator mode to place things, but the tiny crew complement and limited space makes it still an inferior option to the ships you can build yourself.  The best thing about the ship is the view from it and the comments you get from the contraband scanners and the ship services people.  It would be great to be able to upgrade the stats a little bit.