Invisible Dead Body Fixer

Due to the fact i found out recently that the console commands equipitem and unequipitem will also take the EditorID as well as FormID, you can use the following after targeting the invisible npc in question (uses the tick armor from this mod, and makes it work regardless of where it is in the load order):

equipitem armor_tick
unequipitem armor_tick

SIDE NOTE: the 2 mentioned console commands aren't the only ones that can take EditorIDs. I've found additem, removeitem, drop, getitemcount, and placeatme all will take the EditorID as an acceptable argument instead of FormID. Have fun with that knowledge.

Edited by ptmc2112

I very rarely post in my accounts due to lurking too much, but I just wanted to say, this bug has been the bane of immersion for me for so damn long, and too many googling later I've finally found this. Thank you. Just recently started a new game and so far it seems to be working. Shame it doesn't work on an existing game where the invisible dead body has already been loaded. Regardless, great work and much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

I do know that SUP F4SE adds several events, one of which is an event called "OnCellChange" which fires every time the player enters a new cell and on savegame load. I don't know if it can fire on every cell (outside to outside, inside to outside, outside to inside, and inside to inside), but if it does, could be used to trigger the equip and unequip of the tick armor, which would make the body always appear. It does have a filter, but likely not needed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Changelog

Added an unlimited Version.
Added a FOMOD

I should mention that it won't be an instant change because it uses a different armor. (There are two armors now Limited and Unlimited)

so it will work on newly spawned dead NPCs (and not existing)

update->one more thing, the update uses a new armor for it unlimited option, (it is easier for bug fixing, it is designed for use and forget)
if you want to change the Limited armor into an unlimited armor then do the following...
1. download and run a ESP editing tool (Creation kit, Fo4edit, etc)
2. load Dead Body Fixer.esp
3. go to the limited armor and change bool_Unlimited from 'false' to 'true'
4. save and done

this will change existing limited armors into unlimited armors.

Edited by Invictusblade