Nemesis not detecting Sexlab

First of all, a disclaimer: I do not use Nemesis, and I do not know how it works.

A couple of things come to mind however:

1. That mod list is listing actual mod names. Since SL animations are made for FNIS, which as far as I know has no need for a mod name, those names are coming from somewhere else.
  2. The mod names contain spaces. FNIS is in some cases very allergic to spaces in file or folder names. Another pointer to those names coming from somewhere else.
  3. Are you sure SL animations are supposed to show up there? I wouldn't be surprised if they were included as a sort of "FNIS compatibility mod" i.e. all FNIS animations under one banner.
  4. Use Process Monitor from Sysinternals (Microsoft) to locate one of the mods that do show up, then apply that knowledge to the SL animation mods you're missing.
3 hours ago, traison said:
  1. That mod list is listing actual mod names. Since SL animations are made for FNIS, which as far as I know has no need for a mod name, those names are coming from somewhere else.

Are you talking about the second screenshot with the animation packs? That's a Mod Organizer 2 screenshot. Nemesis is the first thing i posted, which is straight up ignoring all mods that it's not specifically prepared to patch. I don't really know how to use Nemesis either, but there are some mods i want to use that need it and i don't want to have to deal with using nemesis for those ones and fnis for the rest. I'm not even sure it's going to work.

3 hours ago, traison said:

Use Process Monitor from Sysinternals (Microsoft) to locate one of the mods that do show up, then apply that knowledge to the SL animation mods you're missing.

What do you mean locate?

2 hours ago, kamoewarrior said:

Weird because I also use some of those. I had an issue with Nemesis before but I just kept launching it until it worked.

Yeah pretty weird. Guess I'm screwed. Just to be sure, it's supposed to automatically detect all the animations when i press update engine and then process them normally without me having to move any files or anything funky like that first right?

Are you launching Nemesis through MO2? That's the only way for it to detect your modded files. I think you're either not running Nemesis as intended or something is interferring in MO2 virtual forder system (usually antivirus, Windows Defender or some other system protection from running programs in system protected folders like Program files, Documents and such).
With all your mods properly installed and enabled in MO2 launch Nemesis as intended, select any patches for the mods you have, update engine, then press the Launch Nemesis Engine button. You don't need to move any files.

At this point you don't need to worry about animations being incompatible with Nemesis or LE/SE stuff. If you have animations for Skyrim LE in your SE game you'll know because Nemesis will warn you about it after it's done running, just like FNIS. And the only animations that won't work with Nemesis alone are creature ones, but for base SL, ZAZ and the SLAL packs you have it should work.

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

Are you launching Nemesis through MO2?

Yeah.

4 hours ago, Just Don't said:

something is interferring in MO2 virtual forder system (usually antivirus, Windows Defender or some other system protection from running programs in system protected folders like Program files, Documents and such).

The MO2 mods are stored in the default appdata folder, and both MO2 and Skyrim are installed directly in a C:/ folder i keep all my other apps and games in. I have exceptions for MO2, Nemesis itself and Skyrim in windows defender, and also tried disabling real time protection. The mods are properly installed. I think.

1 hour ago, Hurniak said:

Yeah.

The MO2 mods are stored in the default appdata folder, and both MO2 and Skyrim are installed directly in a C:/ folder i keep all my other apps and games in. I have exceptions for MO2, Nemesis itself and Skyrim in windows defender, and also tried disabling real time protection. The mods are properly installed. I think.

Try installing FNIS and execute it. See if FNIS can detect your animations. If not, then there must be a problem with your mods. If it can, then there is probably a problem with your Nemesis files. Try removing the mods or Nemesis in MO2 and reinstall them.

Edited by kamoewarrior
1 hour ago, kamoewarrior said:

Try installing FNIS and execute it. See if FNIS can detect your animations. If not, then there must be a problem with your mods. If it can, then there is probably a problem with your Nemesis files. Try removing the mods or Nemesis in MO2 and reinstall them.

Yeah, FNIS works fine. I've reinstalled Nemesis and deleted it's cache, along with that of the Output, multiple times. I don't think reinstalling the animations could help if they're working with fnis, right? I mean, they must be fine then

6 hours ago, Hurniak said:

Yeah, FNIS works fine. I've reinstalled Nemesis and deleted it's cache, along with that of the Output, multiple times. I don't think reinstalling the animations could help if they're working with fnis, right? I mean, they must be fine then

I was gonna ask to post the rest of your mod list but now that you've narrowed down the problem is with Nemesis I doubt there are any mods that can interfere with an external program.

Its a long shot but try downloading a new copy of nemesis. I'm using the latest version on nexus so I can confirm that it works.

Also to be sure check which version of Visual C++ you have installed. Nemesis requires at least the 2019 version. Although if that is the problem I don't think you should be able to run the nemesis executable at all.

If all else fails join the nemesis discord server posted on the nexus mod page. I'm not on there so I don't how active the members are.