Creatures / beasts mods compatible with AAF?

Hi, does anyone know mods that are compatible with AAF? So far I found mostly Dreadsharks and Kudemborots but that's about it... Most of mods seem to use custom skeletons which don't really work with AAF.

Edited by Lapsio
  • Lapsio changed the title to Creatures / beasts mods compatible with AAF?
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 8:55 AM, TestingSM said:

Have you read the FM? ;) , pinned on top of the AAF forum? Perhaps one of the mods you use is incompatible...

And show a list of what you have installed... That can help (hahaha, a whole lot for that matter)

Okay I probably didn't describe my question in entirely clear way xD I mean - does anyone know custom races mods that don't use custom skeletons. I mean custom mesh creatures that will work with AAF ootb. Like Dreadsharks or Kudemborots (which use Gulper and Fog Crawler skeletons respectively so they just work). I tried for example Mojave Mantises, Mojave Cazadores and Mojave Geckos but all of those use custom skeletons so they don't work at all with AAF since obviously nobody made animations for them.

Edited by Lapsio
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 3:39 PM, Lapsio said:

Okay I probably didn't describe my question in entirely clear way xD I mean - does anyone know custom races mods that don't use custom skeletons. I mean custom mesh creatures that will work with AAF ootb. Like Dreadsharks or Kudemborots (which use Gulper and Fog Crawler skeletons respectively so they just work). I tried for example Mojave Mantises, Mojave Cazadores and Mojave Geckos but all of those use custom skeletons so they don't work at all with AAF since obviously nobody made animations for them.

I am maybe wrong, it has been a while since I looked but I do not recall any AAF animations for creatures that require custom skeletons. 

TBH, kludging together a thing to animate each of the vanilla skeletons was a nightmare. And some just did not animate correctly (Aliens, the worms in Nuka world, some others). Making the rig files and animating skeletons produced for a mod would be a maybe a lot of time for what it makes. 

On 11/7/2023 at 6:47 AM, Gray User said:

I am maybe wrong, it has been a while since I looked but I do not recall any AAF animations for creatures that require custom skeletons. 

TBH, kludging together a thing to animate each of the vanilla skeletons was a nightmare. And some just did not animate correctly (Aliens, the worms in Nuka world, some others). Making the rig files and animating skeletons produced for a mod would be a maybe a lot of time for what it makes. 

Oh... So that's why there's still no animation for Nuka worms. Kinda all makes sense now. I always wondered why nobody bothered animating Nuka world creatures for all those years. Yeah I also highly doubt there are any animation for non-standard skeletons but still there are few mods that provide alternate meshes/textures for existing skeletons and in such case AAF just works with "standard" animations so eg. Dreadshark uses Gulper anims and Kudemborots use Fog Crawler anims. Hence I was looking for something like this.

11 hours ago, Lapsio said:

Oh... So that's why there's still no animation for Nuka worms. Kinda all makes sense now. I always wondered why nobody bothered animating Nuka world creatures for all those years. Yeah I also highly doubt there are any animation for non-standard skeletons but still there are few mods that provide alternate meshes/textures for existing skeletons and in such case AAF just works with "standard" animations so eg. Dreadshark uses Gulper anims and Kudemborots use Fog Crawler anims. Hence I was looking for something like this.

Yes. It was bad, some of the bones in the skeleton I could not get to map right in the rig file and you got terrible graphic glitches. Pieces of alien arm stretching across the visible map level graphic glitches. 

Probably, there is a way to fix it that a professional would know. But I am just a motivated pervert who cobbled together some animations because I wanted to have them. :)