Hi,

Just wondering how I should proceed with a mod of mine. I found a way to fix the mannequin script so they won't move anymore at all (prob forever). Should I add this in the base mod file or should I add it as an optional extra file? I also could make the mannequins apear like actual game characters instead of the wooden version. Same question, should I add it in the game file itself or as an extension?

Hoping to get some feedback here.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by DarkBlade13

What exactly did you do? There's a bunch of mannequin fixes on Nexus, each through a different method, all claiming to work, yet none does (and I tested them all). I'm not dissing your effort, I'm just highly sceptical.

Edited by belegost

What exactly did you do? There's a bunch of mannequin fixes on Nexus, each through a different method, all claiming to work, yet none does (and I tested them all). I'm not dissing your effort, I'm just highly sceptical.

Seems like this was missing in the script. Vanilla script enables ai at some point and then disables. I just made sure that whenever you load the thing it will move to its orignial position. Seems like all was needed was 4 lines of code. (the oncelload thing already existed without the moveto)

EVENT OnCellLoad()
	MoveToMyEditorLocation()
EndEvent
Event OnGameLoad()
	MoveToMyEditorLocation()
EndEvent

If you are right and none of them are working I should prob trow this fix on Nexus. I thought there where already too many of those so I didn't. I knew it was suspicous that one mod autor claimed to fix the issue without any script and just an esp. Too be honest I was looking on Nexus for something similar to mine but I didn't find it. I don't think you can fix it with just an esp or need 4MB file. 1kb esp, 1pex file and just to be nice 1psc should do it.

Edited by DarkBlade13

Honestly if you want you can just open ck paste the lines in the script yourself and done. Let me know if it worked. If it didn't I will have to attach the script with a new name instead of trying to overwrite (skyrim files are packed in a bsa). Force the game to use the new script files. Tho this would mean other mod creaters can no longer acces the mannequin script files unless they know the new name.

ManequinScriptFix.7z

Edited by DarkBlade13