Do you think Xbox app will be compatible with mods?

1 hour ago, black.cat said:

I have gamepass since I got an Xbox but couldnt make mods work with Skyrim on Xbox App. Do you guys think starfield will be better? I didnt follow this game closely so do we have any information on that?

it used to be with other games like MCC for example but when the app started breaking down for lots of people like me, mod support vanished around then. no clue if its back now that its fixed. as for skyrim & starfield, dont think it'll ever work like dat the way it does for Steam

least with game pass, you can try out the game for free essentially to see if you like the base game & screw around in it til it gets deep mod support on steam

Edited by LesboIsBesto

somewhat ot info:

even if u have game pass on pc, i would advice against installing starfield like that, especially if u planing to get mods. imagine u go crazy and ur mod folder bloat over100-200 gig, u putting in work understanding/installing and adjusting these mods and yet they still are going to be restricted behind the monthly sub, meaning u create a need to pay for ur own load order. guides are probably going to cover both isntalls... i prefer the proven steam install personally.

No one here (Other than LesboisBesto) has any idea what they are talking about.
Gamepass PC Apps do NOT run in a sandboxxed Xbox nor have checks.
MOST Games just have the game's folder encrypted with most people unfamiliar with Gamepass PC unable to figure out how to get around it.

That said, Bethesda does NOT apply encryption to their Gamepass PC Releases. I modded the Gamepass Version of Oblivion completely fine while using script extenders.
Unless Bethesda has a sudden change of heart it should be the exact same as all of their previous releases.

im gonna play the gamepass pc version for my initial vanilla playthrough since i already have GPU but once all the DLC releases and the ultimate edition version is on sale on steam imma buy that because lets be honest that version is going to have the most mod support.

Just now, TheSailor48 said:

it will but it will most likely only be able to work on mods that dont add or modify the script. ive been able to get some to work but it has taken a lot of work to figure it out

with new vegas i was able to get a few mods to work. Even then all the mods that worked did not edit the script just added to the games files.