Trying to convert KF extracted from animated NIF to usable KF for player or NPC.

Here's what I have so far...

From the up004482.zip I believe by TBSK, I used the roastrat01.nif and extracted the KF file as: SpitRoasted.kf.

From here you can either load up a skeleton + mesh and attach the animation via nifskope's options and have another version of the animated roastrat01.nif.

But what I want and when I use the KF as an idle pose in game on an npc the head does not align with what it's supposed to as if I were attaching it in nifskope. The head portion just sits straight down and isn't moved to what it looks like with the way the original works where it's bent upwards.

Does anyone know how to fix this. I tried looking at the string palette between the original animated nif and the extracted KF and it looks the same I believe.

As an animated NIF.JPG

As a KF pose in game.png

up004482.zip SpitRoasted.kf SpitRoastAnimObject.nif Orc Tester.nif Orc + AnimObject NIF + SpitRoasted KF.nif

So you want to use it as an AI package: use Item at

But I think the NPC is dead when on the spit.  It's during a quest? Why not disable the NPC and enable a static or activator item with a quest update? Then you only have to change the roastrat01.nif, Delete the girl, add the NPC. 

I tested it as vanilla replacer, roastrat01.nif (Orc instead of woman) and it works. Head in right position.

Don't know what went wrong during the splitting into object and kf file.

I saw you have changed the head and neck bones Priority from 26 to 99   = good, should move the head into the right position.

at a loss, sorry.

I don't need it as a NIF. I need it as a KF and can't get the KF working as something used as an idle for a live target. I only get the second screen's result when I use it as a idle and use pickidle command on the target. I want it to look like how it is on the first screen and on the original roastrat with the woman and the orc tester with the head correctly on the stake.

Yes you want it as kf but I don't understand why?

An NPC will not go to a fire and impale himself.  So it is part of a quest. At stage 50  NPC is killed, at stage 55 impale, disable NPC , enable roastrat01.nif .  problem solved.

---------------------------------------------------------------

You kf can only work as idle because it is an Idle

NiControllerSequence name is idle

If you want to use it as walkforward   name must be Forward  ( check  kf files in your _male folder, I'm sure you have a BBB replacer installed)

If you want to use it with AI package  "use Item at"   name must be SpecialIdle. Like Talk_SeductiveIdleA and B  or UseRake.kf or all dance.kf files, tit milking, scrubfloor, Sweep, ...     The kf name can be "Why the fuck is it not working"  the NiControllerSequence name is important.

You know you can add kf files to NPCs in a esp in KFFZ-Animations. All the female walk Mods use it. And the female walk and idle kf files have different kf names ( like  0FemaleVariableWalk_Vilja.kf )  because only the  NiControllerSequence name must have the right name ,  forward or fastforward  or idle .

Mybe the set as Idle is the problem. Head tracking? During a idle a NPC can move his head and look at player and other NPC, maybe thats why the head setting in the kf is ignored

Edited by fejeena

Yes ... ?

But they must be used. Rake, pickaxe, broom, juggling balls, ...

There is pole dance animations with pole.  All the Lovers sex animations with funiture.  The pose animation with goblins and zombies ( yes they are only objects. equipped during the loop animation)

kf files idleanims folder

nif  in idleobjects

Spoiler

Zombies animated, pole an chair static, all in one nif that is used with a special idle / Use-Item-At    AI pack

zo1.jpg

Edited by fejeena

It's working

AI pack: use item at

Idle object: SpitRoastAnimObject.nif

result this

Spoiler

ScreenShot139.jpg

so it must have something to do with head tracking

Oblivion.ini

bDisableHeadTracking=0   changed to  bDisableHeadTracking=1

result

Spoiler

ScreenShot140.jpg

So the problem is that the NPC is alive. The game engine overwrites the head animation  because head tracking is active.

Not sure if it helps to set him  KnockedState or Unconscious  if you don't change the Oblivion ini. . .  Does he then continue to use the animation?

But then you must script the whole thing with stages, first stage he must use the animation, is in position, then stage 2 set Unconscious.  But then you can not talk to / activate him.

So the simplest solution: disable head tracking in your Oblivion ini.

Edited by fejeena
  • 5 months later...