INTEREST CHECK: who wants to play an RTD?

Roninvoid's finally figured out what iteration of Earthly history/fantasy we're playing in! Congratulations! :D

EDIT: But just to reassure you, I'm just taking the setting, not following a particular storyline. Yes, this means that if you so choose, you can butcher your way through the entire SC cast, assuming you manage to locate and kill them.

I know what "Naturally" means in tagalog, I my self is also a filipino, just wasn't sure what "Natch" was, thanks for telling me though.

True they are... Well Maybe something Like Final Fantasy Tactics take on the map?

Like so:

FFTA_world.png

Doesn't need to be complex involving distance. heck I think just circles and lines connecting them would suffice.

Yeah, the problem is I'm dealing with real-world geography here, and you guys will probably end up covering lots of space.

Abstracting it is still the best option, especially since this is an RTD RPG, which means I have no idea what anyone will do or where anyone will go next; that's what freedom is like. Sometimes it's hard to plan for it.

I guess, Just wanted to be sure where I am compared to where the other two are.

Well the map can be an on going process? Doesn't have to be define at the start. So right now we only know of the Port Town but it gets bigger like if I was to find a town in the east then the map will have a mark somewhere in the east for that town. then if I head south and find a house of a hermit then that will have it's own mark, etc.

We could take a different approach to the map. While we are using real world locations, that doesn't necessitate an actual real world map. You could always just make up some squiggly shape, call it the continent of Europe, then put locations wherever you want and include towns on the map as we go along.

Watching trailers for the game would probably catch you up on the basic plot pretty quickly. The whole Malfestation thing is new to SC:V' date=' so...

[/quote']

Technically, malfestation was retconned into everything; the concept is new, but the idea, chronologically, has been around since the time of Soul Blade: anyone who touches that damned sword gets the crap tainted out of them, and it deforms some people and does weird things to others.

And speaking of trailers, despite the graphics this is the best intro in the entire series and I will fight in single combat anyone who says otherwise. :D

>

Watching trailers for the game would probably catch you up on the basic plot pretty quickly. The whole Malfestation thing is new to SC:V' date=' so...

[/quote']

Technically, malfestation was retconned into everything; the concept is new, but the idea, chronologically, has been around since the time of Soul Blade: anyone who touches that damned sword gets the crap tainted out of them, and it deforms some people and does weird things to others.

And speaking of trailers, despite the graphics this is the best intro in the entire series and I will fight in single combat anyone who says otherwise. :D

>

I have to say I love everything but the first 30 seconds or so... the one where everyones faces was shown... other than that it's great