INTEREST CHECK: who wants to play an RTD?

Well then

Name: Kurojin

Race: Human Dragon(Fantasy); Human(Futuretech)

Occupation: Dragon Lord(Fantasy); Special Task Force(Futuretech)

Weapons: Dual Swords & Muskets(Fantasy); Dual Handguns, Rifle, & Mechsuit(Futuretech)

Mounts/Vechicles: Dragon(Fantasy); Motorcycle/Bike, Mechsuit(Futuretech)

Description:

Long, silver hair tied in a pony-tail. Yellow eyes. Light skin.

Yeah it's all I can come up with atm

Name: Tyr

Race: Human

Class: Fighter

Alignment: Lawful-Neutral

Equipment: Longsword and large shield (Medium shield?). Chainmail armor (5 armor class)

(I'm going off of Neverwinter Nights here for the equipment and general layout of the stats. In Neverwinter Nights Large shields are the medium shields, with tower shields being the heaviest.)

Honorable Mercenary type character. Short cut black hair and a trimmed goatee. Ice blue eyes. Medium height.

Obviously starting Kuroshu out with a dragon thing to ride would be overkill, so let me just figure some stuff out.

Before I forget, I've edited the ruleset into the first post. Check it out (or don't, actually, you won't need to know much beyond the first few lines)

Might give it a shot... Never played an RTD before, and I'm not sure how active I'll be, but here goes:

Name: Ryn Lorril

Sex: Male

Race: Human

Weapons/Spells: Long sword, basic healing spells

Alignment: Neutral Good

Description:

Tall, messy, medium length dark brown hair, blue eyes, pale.

That good?

Welll, Jexsam did mention interest, if it started up. It has started up, so Jexsam might join in. Hehe.

Okay, here's the thread, guys. Turn 0 (the intro post) is at the bottom of the page.

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=3631&pid=70333#pid70333

EDIT: By four hours, I meant that was when I'd be posting the new thread, is all. :P The beauty of Play-by-Post is that none of the players actually need to be awake all at the same time.

@Roninvoid, Firefly, I have an idea. Would you guys be amenable to generating another character each? If you're okay with continuing as Broquest 2011, that's cool too.

Also Roninvoid I changed the way Ryn's healing spell works. Because the original way I statted it out was stupid and just disrupts flow. Mea culpa.

Also also, how are you guys finding the game so far? Sorry if it's a bit narration heavy right now.

Words cannot describe the immense joy I am deriving from participating in this with you. This is seriously something I have always wanted to do, but never had the chance in real life. I wait for every next update with baited breath, wondering what the next possible outcome will befall our characters, and in what ways we will react to the situation.

Yeah, I'm really enjoying this. Also, as a history buff, I'm learning some stuff too! You also seem to have gotten my character down very well so far, I loved the "stop helping" look a few pages back. And yeah, the large amount of narration doesn't bother me. Your writing style is very good in my opinion.

So, whats this about rolling new characters though? I'd prefer to know more before I make a decision. If this is about splitting us up, couldn't that be done as well via writing in the next turn, rather than new characters? Continuing "broquest" is a viable option as well of course.

(Will postpone posting in the rtd until we figure this out.)

It's not about splitting up, it's about maximizing survivability. Rolling up extra characters means that you guys are essentially playing two people each, which is an extra headache for me, but increases flexibility for you guys (I've had to do it before when like two people showed up for D&D)

As for splitting up, that's entirely up to you guys. Rolling up new characters means that each will have one other person joining BROQUEST 2011, making the whole thing an actual party, so to speak.

I kind of like the idea of Broquest though.

What could happen is that you guys just create one extra character and alternate making him/her do things, but that's clunky.

(I'd prefer if you didn't split up Tyr and Ryn, since that means even more bookkeeping, but it can't be helped sometimes - I'm actually thinking of giving Kurojin his own thread so it doesn't get confusing for everyone concerned)

Nah, I don't think it's necessary to split the threads up. It hasn't been confusing at all really. You've done a good job with organization so far. And yeah, I am very fine with not splitting up. As for rolling new characters, hmm, I suppose I'm up for it, but I'm also fine with not doing it. Lets see what roninviod has to say on the matter.

Also, Firefly, I dunno if you noticed, but Tyr has an actual "Shield Bash" maneuver now, which is a viable option in a fight aside from just trying to cut the other dude to pieces.

Of course there's always things like "throw sand in opponent's face" or "try to collapse roof on opponent". Bare statblocks are never any match for creativity, as long as the action is possible. :D

Sorta wondering if it's possible as the story progress that my character can learn to disguise himself as human?

Also I might draw the characters one of these days since I have too much free time atm. Also a good practice for me.

I prefer if i DIDN'T get my own thread. since it'll be odd... Maybe if there was another player or so but for now no.

I'd prefer to keep the same thread going. It gives us the opportunity to reunite later, etc. etc.

Also, while I'd prefer just controlling Ryn, if you really want me to I'm fine with rolling another character as well... Just not sure what kind of alt-character I'd want to play as, honestly.

(I haven't read how you changed up my healing spell yet.)

Sorry for not responding sooner - I was playing Skyrim all day. It was my last chance until the end of the month because I'm going home for Christmas (bringing my laptop with me, so it shouldn't be too disruptive to the RTD).

I'm also fine with it being narration-heavy. I feel it adds to the depth of the events taking place/the story.