need some advice list of mods for FNV

cr33p

Greetings and welcome to LoversLab!!

So you want to play New Vegas with mods and children huh? We have mods for that! :D I am going to assume by "with children" you mean adding mods which make them look better as well as allow more to be placed into the game world.

I'm recalling this from memory so it may be a bit wrong. However I'm sure a Fallout guru can correct it :) Because I am feeling generous at the moment I will give you the list of mods you want and the install instructions for them :)

Programs you are going to need:

Mods you are going to need:

Optional mods:

Install in this order, install everything Sexout using Fallout Mod Manager:

Tip: For all files with the .fmod extension just simply double left click and they will install to Fallout Mod Manager automatically. You will just need to activate them.

1. Install Fallout Mod Manager outside of the program files folders.
  2. Install NVSE to the New Vegas root folder, the one containing the data folder and the extender to New Vegas > Data > NVSE > Plugins
  3. Unpack all files into a temporary location.
  4. Install the Mod Configuration Menu first.
  5. Install the new skeleton.
  6. Install Sexout Common Resources.
  7. Install SexoutNG.
  8. Install the Maternity clothes pack.
  9. Install Sexout Tryout.
  10. Install Sexout Slavery
  11. Install SmallerTalk
  12. Install Sexout ZAZ

Configure the load order so it is as shown below, use FOMM to do this:

All mods in cyan must be in the order shown otherwise the game will crash and the mod won't work.

Fallout.esm - This may not show in the list, if it doesn't don't worry about it.

DLCs if you have them

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

SexoutPregnancyV3.esm

SexoutZAZ.esp 

SmallerTalk.esp

The Tryout plugins can go in any order after this.

Plugins listed after SexoutSlavery.esm will work in almost any order until you need to load a requirement up before them :)

Need anything else just shout or PM me :)

Please be aware that Sexout is not designed to allow children to engage
in sexual activities. Now that we have that out of the way...

COTW will place a shop in Goodsprings very close to the saloon where
you can purchase children's clothes. Many of them are not very lore friendly;
they are pretty but not realistic for the wasteland.

There is an expansion for COTW by Lutiana which adds some more clothing
choices, mostly for boys, at the moment. Lutiana doesn't seem to be very fond
of the girl's clothing choices offered by COTW, which you will find out if you try
the expansion.

A few practical points, if you play as a child:
Your legs will be shorter, so you can't run as fast. Perks that increase run/sneak speed are useful.

If you travel with companions; child-size companions work better. Adult companions
will keep bumping into you if their follow distance isn't long enough.

Your small size will sometimes seem to confuse enemies with melee weapons;
this comes in handy :)

You will have to jump to get items off the top shelf :angry:

You can turn NPC's into children using the 'agerace -1' command in the console,
but they may look a bit odd without some editing in the GECK.

Getting to level 50 and killing supermutants with a pair of spiked knuckles
(as a child) may be the most awesome experience of your life  :D

Here's a few pictures of my character (and NPC's that I turned into kids because
it amuses me greatly to do so) from my 'kid friendly' playthrough of New Vegas:

You can PM me if you have any questions.

post-144391-0-16136300-1380406418_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-17919900-1380406886_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-34958600-1380406899_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-21862500-1380406909_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-18264800-1380406920_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-88762900-1380406948_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-74300400-1380407104_thumb.jpg

post-144391-0-57729700-1380407114_thumb.jpg

Guest carywinton

Clothes for COTW are in Goodsprings which is the starting town. I have no idea what the difference is between Shojo and COTW except COTW is the better of the two from reviews I have read.

You could have Angelica and COTW both running if you wanted.

COTW is just children, Shojo is actually just little people, not meant to be children at all but just a small race. This is the only difference I am aware of, I like them  both, I find Shojo to be cute and sound fun when you add the high pitched oriental voice sets to them. COTW is fun to either play as a child or set up a kind of family semi "RP" type situation. I always felt like having a family in game seemed to give me more incentive to play better and protect them, guess it's a male thing, lol.

Edit: And to not mention Ark of Truth post above me here would be nearly criminal. He has put together an excellent structure and set up, that when I plan to revisit FNV, will definitely be put into practice, brilliantly done!

There are some child companion mods if you want to do the family/little brother/little sister role play

thing. I've tried companions Tommy and Jocelyn and found both to be useable, Jocelyn has a few

bugs, and I'm not talking about her apparently unwashed hair. Companion Cerys is broken (CTD), last I

checked. Nisa Valen has unreasonable install requirements (other mods needed that are hard to find

that I don't really want in my game either) and seemed like it needed a lot of sorting out, last I checked.

A Tale of Two Wastelands adaptation is in the works for COTW, apparently. I'm seriously considering

trying to do a proper Lucy (from Little Lamplight) companion mod if this comes to pass. My absolute

favorite memory of Fallout 3 is when Lucy and I explored the Old Olney underground together using

the A World of Pain mod. That, and 'adopting' Brian Wilks and bullying him by putting our stinky little

feet in his face when we were riding in the back seat... oh, sorry... I think a memory from my childhood

crept in and colored my thoughts for a moment; playing as a kid does that to you sometimes :D

Archived