How do I edit CAS breast/butt size limits?

MCCC only handles how much of the full range is available, so you can only use these settings to make more Sims with a particular set of proportions appear in your game (i,e., you can tell the game to only create rather big-breasted females). Different body meshes sometimes tend to be bigger, smaller or otherwise different in shape from the game or WW default, but I would rather consider this some kind of "offset", as the range stays the same. Also, using different body meshes means using CC clothing specifically made for that body mesh, as the mesh is kind of "baked" into the clothes, so default clothes won't be affected, even if you apply another body mesh to a Sim through the WW Body Selector (and without WW, you can only equip it in CAS like a regular clothing item, occupying the respective CAS slot and not having any effect on other outfits).

Now, if I understand you correctly, you're actually looking for slider mods. These will change the available visual range, by altering how much one unit on the slider scale "means" (i.e. breast sizes might go up to twice the default, but small changes lead to a bigger increase than before). Bear in mind though, that at some point the visual quality will probably start to drop quite badly, with round shapes becoming more rough around the edges and textures becoming pretty distorted (for CC clothes, you might even see some "holes" appear).

Also, never use more than one slider mod for the same part of the Sim body.

6 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

MCCC only handles how much of the full range is available, so you can only use these settings to make more Sims with a particular set of proportions appear in your game (i,e., you can tell the game to only create rather big-breasted females). Different body meshes sometimes tend to be bigger, smaller or otherwise different in shape from the game or WW default, but I would rather consider this some kind of "offset", as the range stays the same. Also, using different body meshes means using CC clothing specifically made for that body mesh, as the mesh is kind of "baked" into the clothes, so default clothes won't be affected, even if you apply another body mesh to a Sim through the WW Body Selector (and without WW, you can only equip it in CAS like a regular clothing item, occupying the respective CAS slot and not having any effect on other outfits).

Now, if I understand you correctly, you're actually looking for slider mods. These will change the available visual range, by altering how much one unit on the slider scale "means" (i.e. breast sizes might go up to twice the default, but small changes lead to a bigger increase than before). Bear in mind though, that at some point the visual quality will probably start to drop quite badly, with round shapes becoming more rough around the edges and textures becoming pretty distorted (for CC clothes, you might even see some "holes" appear).

Also, never use more than one slider mod for the same part of the Sim body.

Sure, but I'm also looking for how I can do that myself as I'm tired of being in the mercy of custom body makers to make the shapes and sizes I want. First problem as you called it is altering the range of the sliders to allow for bigger butt/breasts. As for the blockiness, I have some experience with working with meshes so I shoud be able to increase the topology and weights if I wanted to.

Apologies for being bad at explaining, I'd like to think of myself as good at English but when it comes to explaining my thoughts and wants I struggle.

16 hours ago, Lumipo said:

Sure, but I'm also looking for how I can do that myself as I'm tired of being in the mercy of custom body makers to make the shapes and sizes I want. First problem as you called it is altering the range of the sliders to allow for bigger butt/breasts. As for the blockiness, I have some experience with working with meshes so I shoud be able to increase the topology and weights if I wanted to.

Apologies for being bad at explaining, I'd like to think of myself as good at English but when it comes to explaining my thoughts and wants I struggle.

Nah, it's perfectly clear what you want now (and I'm a German, btw, so if anyone knows about struggling with English...).

At first, I didn't understand that you want to actively do it yourself rather than just using some "out of the box" solution provided by other creators, but if you have some experience with mesh editing, this should really be easy to do. I'm no expert on all of this, I just know that the default mesh isn't "high-quality" enough (probably not enough polygons) when it comes to supporting sizes that are quite a bit beyond the default slider ranges. If you can do something about this blockiness and adjust the general shape to your liking, you'll be fine on that end.

Also, going through some items in CAS again (with an old slider mod that allows for about twice the regular maximum breast size), this seems to be an issue that affects some clothes more than others, so depending on the size and shape you aim for, careful selection of clothing might be enough of an effort to achieve a decent visual quality for your Sims. However, that might only hold for my setup, consisting of WW defaults mainly, but with some body parts by Luumia mixed in, and mostly game default stuff for clothing items.

As for the slider ranges, these mods seem to be rather simple in structure (although I only understand half of it, tbh). Using one or two that achieve results close to what you want as a reference should probably allow you to create a custom slider mod of your own. Unfortunately, I don't know which of the ones you can find on pages like LL and MTS still work with the latest game updates, and I can't even seem to find the one that lingers around in my mods folder (I think it was the one from "Heavy Boobs", though).

On 7/15/2023 at 1:06 AM, Crashdown117 said:

Nah, it's perfectly clear what you want now (and I'm a German, btw, so if anyone knows about struggling with English...).

At first, I didn't understand that you want to actively do it yourself rather than just using some "out of the box" solution provided by other creators, but if you have some experience with mesh editing, this should really be easy to do. I'm no expert on all of this, I just know that the default mesh isn't "high-quality" enough (probably not enough polygons) when it comes to supporting sizes that are quite a bit beyond the default slider ranges. If you can do something about this blockiness and adjust the general shape to your liking, you'll be fine on that end.

Also, going through some items in CAS again (with an old slider mod that allows for about twice the regular maximum breast size), this seems to be an issue that affects some clothes more than others, so depending on the size and shape you aim for, careful selection of clothing might be enough of an effort to achieve a decent visual quality for your Sims. However, that might only hold for my setup, consisting of WW defaults mainly, but with some body parts by Luumia mixed in, and mostly game default stuff for clothing items.

As for the slider ranges, these mods seem to be rather simple in structure (although I only understand half of it, tbh). Using one or two that achieve results close to what you want as a reference should probably allow you to create a custom slider mod of your own. Unfortunately, I don't know which of the ones you can find on pages like LL and MTS still work with the latest game updates, and I can't even seem to find the one that lingers around in my mods folder (I think it was the one from "Heavy Boobs", though).

After a 3 - 4 hours over two days of scouring through both the Eve body package and .blend file, and the Heavy Boobs package I found out some stuff.

You're right in that they seem simple in structure, but no matter what I do I can't get my slider mod to appear in-game. I cleared out my mod folder and had only Heavy Boobs in there and that worked as intended. Drop my own slider mod that as far as I know is identical in structure to the heavy boobs slider mod and nothing happens. I then edited the Heavy Boobs slider mod to a ridiculous scale and they were ridiculous scale in the game. Drop my own ridiculous scale slider mod into the game and the boobs are not ridiculous scale.

I even found the exact values to change in the Eve v9.1 sliders but changing those to ridiculous values still didn't give ridiculous scale breasts. I had only Eve and WW in the mod folder so I'm assuming there's some interaction I'm missing.

In any case next I'll try and use the Heavy Boobs slider over the Eve one to see if that works. If so I can use that and scale it to my liking.

Edited by Lumipo
On 7/18/2023 at 4:12 PM, Lumipo said:

After a 3 - 4 hours over two days of scouring through both the Eve body package and .blend file, and the Heavy Boobs package I found out some stuff.

You're right in that they seem simple in structure, but no matter what I do I can't get my slider mod to appear in-game. I cleared out my mod folder and had only Heavy Boobs in there and that worked as intended. Drop my own slider mod that as far as I know is identical in structure to the heavy boobs slider mod and nothing happens. I then edited the Heavy Boobs slider mod to a ridiculous scale and they were ridiculous scale in the game. Drop my own ridiculous scale slider mod into the game and the boobs are not ridiculous scale.

I even found the exact values to change in the Eve v9.1 sliders but changing those to ridiculous values still didn't give ridiculous scale breasts. I had only Eve and WW in the mod folder so I'm assuming there's some interaction I'm missing.

In any case next I'll try and use the Heavy Boobs slider over the Eve one to see if that works. If so I can use that and scale it to my liking.

Sounds like you're nearly there already.

As for stuff not showing up in-game, that's something I occassionally run into when fiddling around with objects. It's usually some tiny detail, like an object ID that's not set correctly, so perhaps there's a similarly small difference between the Heavy Boobs slider mod and the one you created yourself entirely.

EVE on the other hand uses custom sliders (I just read the description, because I didn't even know that there was a v9), so that might lead to some differences compared to Heavy Boobs. For example, EVE has a "nipple positioning slider" in frontal view, which works by sliding left and right - and that's one of the ways to change the size of the breasts when using the vanilla or Heavy Boobs sliders.

With a bit of bad luck involved, you edited the values for that repurposed slider when trying to customize the EVE sliders, allowing for ridiculous placement of nipples (but only when using a mesh like EVE, that supports this).

12 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

Sounds like you're nearly there already.

As for stuff not showing up in-game, that's something I occassionally run into when fiddling around with objects. It's usually some tiny detail, like an object ID that's not set correctly, so perhaps there's a similarly small difference between the Heavy Boobs slider mod and the one you created yourself entirely.

EVE on the other hand uses custom sliders (I just read the description, because I didn't even know that there was a v9), so that might lead to some differences compared to Heavy Boobs. For example, EVE has a "nipple positioning slider" in frontal view, which works by sliding left and right - and that's one of the ways to change the size of the breasts when using the vanilla or Heavy Boobs sliders.

With a bit of bad luck involved, you edited the values for that repurposed slider when trying to customize the EVE sliders, allowing for ridiculous placement of nipples (but only when using a mesh like EVE, that supports this).

I looked at the Eve slider package in TS4MorphMaker and the sliders were conveniently labelled and I'm sure I changed the right one. The only way it could be wrong is if the creator labelled them illogically.

In any case, combining Eve with the Heavy Boobs slider actually worked and my sim now has nice large breasts. The only downside is I don't have access to the left-right sliders in the front view you mentioned, but that's not that important.

I now have some more knowledge in how slider mods work and in theory I could make my own after I overcome some problems, mainly getting my mod to work in-game. I just hope I get some work done before my hyperfixation wears off.