Is New Tech Outpacing Us?

On 7/1/2023 at 11:51 AM, Wolfstorm321 said:

I don't think so. There is too much censorship in the internet these days. Elon Musk said in twitter that "freedom of speech is not freedom of reach" showing the new face of censorship: you can say whatever you want, but big tech will make sure that nobody will read it.

This can be seem in every search engine these days. I can't find stuff that I could find 5 years ago, the results are being suppressed. Same restrictions are being imposed on AI, so AI will not go as far as some people think. The censorship will most likely stop it from gaining consciousness. 

Musk is just one of many who blame others for doing the same things they themselves do. In Musk’s case censoring his critics. That isn’t to say that censorship isn’t a problem because it is but as I’m sure you have already been told there are other reasons certain sites are taken down. It could be people couldn’t keep up with Maintenece costs for websites and there are times people just choose to take down their own website. It happens. As for censorship blocking AI development here is what is really gonna happen:

people are going to rush AI out of development, the product isn’t finished so people die(coughselfdrivingcars), the people that are still alive are gonna put it back in development, rinse and repeat.