I tried modding one of Ju outfits. And I need an advice.

Hi, all. 

I tried modding a little complex costume than usual. 

It's a kimono I found in this board. I played with this costume in blender.

parented the mesh under the female skeleton then deleted unecessary parts. 

There are 2 problems I want to solve.

1. the arm part of the kimono is transparent. 

image.png.48ce1123a720bf44837316438d9ae7d7.png

when I observed in blender 3d panel, it was good. 

image.png.4fe893514808716ea33d8178cb95e5bc.png

2. the skirt part red squares are not part of the design. 

image.png.e544f385e41a140859496b46825b7c56.png

I'm assuming it is a skin weight related problem. My blender skills is still a beginner level.. I'm very familliar with AutodeskMaya though.

I would be very appreciated if I got your valuable advices. Thank you very much. 

Edited by Mastermind1945

Three possibilities:

1) Best: this is simply a ".txf" issue. Your sleeves are set to be semi-transparent ("AlphaBlend"), but it the text file for the texture is set to "AlphaMask" or needs/doesn't-need "/WriteZ" appended to the identifier. Check your txf file (same location as your texture.)

2) Worse: The sleeve polygons in Blender are one-sided. Either flip them or (preferred) check the box for "Double-sided" (on the "Data" tab.)

3) Worst: It's a "weight-painting" issue (which I have no experience with.)

15 hours ago, OysterMug said:

Three possibilities:

1) Best: this is simply a ".txf" issue. Your sleeves are set to be semi-transparent ("AlphaBlend"), but it the text file for the texture is set to "AlphaMask" or needs/doesn't-need "/WriteZ" appended to the identifier. Check your txf file (same location as your texture.)

2) Worse: The sleeve polygons in Blender are one-sided. Either flip them or (preferred) check the box for "Double-sided" (on the "Data" tab.)

3) Worst: It's a "weight-painting" issue (which I have no experience with.)

The 2nd way worked! thanks !! Now I am going to do some skinweight for the skirt. Thank you again!

Edited by Mastermind1945
3 hours ago, goatsemen said:

Hello. Can you please tell more about how did you manage to export from blender to .txx?

You don't need to export .txx format. 

Use CTK 2.9 or 3.2. 

You can save your work in .dae format in the directory then execute CollaTKane_v2.9.exe. I think there is a zip file in Tools section in this club.  

1 hour ago, Mastermind1945 said:

You don't need to export .txx format. 

Use CTK 2.9 or 3.2. 

You can save your work in .dae format in the directory then execute CollaTKane_v2.9.exe. I think there is a zip file in Tools section in this club.  

Thanks for your reply. I'm using collatkane 3.2 right now, but there is no .bat file for converting dresses. I tried the run_exemple_UserBlouse1_VX.bat file but it gives me a bunch of empty folders with only 1 black image in it. Do you have a .bat file for converting dresses?

1 hour ago, goatsemen said:

Thanks for your reply. I'm using collatkane 3.2 right now, but there is no .bat file for converting dresses. I tried the run_exemple_UserBlouse1_VX.bat file but it gives me a bunch of empty folders with only 1 black image in it. Do you have a .bat file for converting dresses?

I am a TK17 7.5 user, so I use 2.9 so that I can choose the more detailed add-on type and id number. 

I had a couple of testing time for 3.2. only used "run_exemple_R9Blouse111_V7_5", run_exemple_R9Toy333_V7_5 to make myself enlightened. 

Why don't you try running other batch files and different CTK versions? 

Can you put a screenshot here from your blender? It might be a naming convention issue or a hierarchy issue. 

When you export your dress from blender you have to export the texture as well. 

Edited by Mastermind1945
45 minutes ago, Mastermind1945 said:

I am a TK17 7.5 user, so I use 2.9 so that I can choose the more detailed add-on type and id number. 

I had a couple of testing time for 3.2. only used "run_exemple_R9Blouse111_V7_5", run_exemple_R9Toy333_V7_5 to make myself enlightened. 

Why don't you try running other batch files and different CTK versions? 

Can you put a screenshot here from your blender? It might be a naming convetion issue or a hierarchy issue. 

When you export your dress from blender you have to export the texture as well. 

I haven't tried them yet, but I will. image.png.cff4346af0267fb0603f05a286d21686.png

this is existing dress that I have modified so it could fit the body

image.png.a9366a680097453e90a6786b9c6eb243.png

and here are the export options

To mod a dress 

1. you have to put your dress under skeleton you imported from CTK tool Resources folder. 

delete the figure mesh first. 

image.png.070701c25bb9dfe19cfaf8d6fc3ace23.png

make an empty then name it like R9XXXXnumber_group

then place your dress under the empty group. 

2. delete unnecessary bones; for me I deleted fingers and toes and facial bones.

3. With the cloth selected, add an armature modifier from the right menu
- Select: root_rotation_group as object

image.png.79c41cacfac348453c9ec14d832291b6.png

4. when you finished, export as .dae format to the CTK folder. save as "Scene.dae"(was it case-sensitive?)

check this option. 

image.png.177ddcb882e4752694b2b57d0388a943.png

These are the all I can tell you. The rest depends on your setting and game version. But I think VX is way more flexible than 7.5, so you will be well soon. 

Edited by Mastermind1945
7 minutes ago, Mastermind1945 said:

To mod a dress 

1. you have to put your dress under skeleton you imported from CTK tool Resources folder. 

2. delete unnecessary bones; for me I deleted fingers and toes and facial bones.

4. when you finished, export as .dae format to the CTK folder. save as "Scene.dae"(was it case-sensitive?)

check this option. 

These are the all I can tell you. The rest depends on your setting and game version. But I think VX is way more flexible than 7.5, so you will be well soon. 

Wow! Thanks a lot, I'm sure it will help.

22 hours ago, goatsemen said:

You probably know this, but just in case: You can't just run the unmodified sample bat file and expect it to work. You must make a copy and edit the files/paths within it so it finds your content.

I've been trying to write a GUI for CTK to simplify the process, Currently, it only supports Toys & Rooms. I've never had working source files to use as a reference to make Clothing, hair... anything that links to the Skeleton.

If you get your bat file working, please PM me and I'll work on updating my utility to support clothing.

Edited by OysterMug
On 6/11/2023 at 1:22 AM, Mastermind1945 said:

To mod a dress 

check this option. 

Thanks a lot for your advice, but I have an other problem, when I apply the armature modifier and export to .dae it always breaks the relation and moves the object to root_rotation_group

image.png.94b80b6e5154bddd58a921837f5cb9e9.png

8 hours ago, goatsemen said:

Thanks a lot for your advice, but I have an other problem, when I apply the armature modifier and export to .dae it always breaks the relation and moves the object to root_rotation_group

image.png.94b80b6e5154bddd58a921837f5cb9e9.png

What is your blender version? I use 2.64a and 2.7

And try weight painting first then apply armature modifer then do parenting under R9Dress082_group. You need a lot of trials and errors 

15 hours ago, Mastermind1945 said:

What is your blender version? I use 2.64a and 2.7

And try weight painting first then apply armature modifer then do parenting under R9Dress082_group. You need a lot of trials and errors 

I am using 2.79 at the moment.  I already tried different algorithm patterns, and the result is still the same, broken relation. Do you think this is because of the blender version?