Help please - I broke a quest

Suludi

I should keep my stupid hands off the Creation Kit until I know what I'm doing.

I tried to make Bloody Cannibalism and Werewolf Mastery go together so that it would be possible to feed on corpses, reduce them to bloody bones and then stay in Beast form as long as Werewolf Mastery settings allow. (By default, Bloody Cannnibalism uses the Vanilla setting and changes the char back after 2,5 minutes).

So I went and opened the CK with Bloody Cannibalism as the active file, and then I deleted stages 20 and 100 of the PlayerChangeQuest, brilliantly thinking this change would be saved only in the Bloody Cannibalism esp.

Yeah, right.

Apparently, it was saved in everything that ever affected Werewolf to human change, which means my char can now never again revert to human once she's changed into a Werewolf. Neither automatically nor with the Werewolf Configuration Ring you get in WM.

I tried to repair it but the options are greyed out, I reinstalled the CK, I reinstalled Skyrim, I deinstalled BC and WM, I deinstalled every single plugin and started on Vanilla - nothing works. The char can't change back.

Can anyone help me? I need to know if it's possible to replace the broken quest with a new quest file, or if I can repair it somehow on my own.

Help please. :(

Guest carywinton

You could always try to get the quest ID for the effected quest and rest the quest, using player.setstage "quest ID here" "numerical stage number here" and see if that sets it back and you can then re-pick up the quest. If you are trying to modify a Mod, and it is set as active, as you stated in your post, then no changes will be saved or made to any other Mods and definitely not to any core files like Skyrim.esm, etc. The CK will not allow changes made to an *.esm "Master" file, thank God.

If I can help you further , let me know, I hope this at least helped you some.

Kind Regards.

Archived