Some Skyrim mod followers won't use SL animations; immediately terminate

I've searched here and on google but can't find a reference to the problem. Basically I sometimes load a mod follower, and when initiating a SL scene with them I receive an immediate "Queue scene has ended." All other mod followers are working fine at the time, but I will still get this sometimes with a mod follower. It doesn't happen often, but the occasional one that doesn't work is annoying.

So is there a flag somewhere in the mod to stop a mod follower from queueing into animations? I can sometimes work around the problem using TESEdit and deleting/changing up items in the ESP, but sometimes no matter what I try it doesn't solve the problem. Is it something I'll have to finally learn to use CK to fix? I do use it at times, but only out of necessity. ;)

Any advice on what maybe the problem would be greatly appreciated, or even a link to something that may help me solve this.

3 minutes ago, moyraine said:

I've searched here and on google but can't find a reference to the problem. Basically I sometimes load a mod follower, and when initiating a SL scene with them I receive an immediate "Queue scene has ended." All other mod followers are working fine at the time, but I will still get this sometimes with a mod follower. It doesn't happen often, but the occasional one that doesn't work is annoying.

So is there a flag somewhere in the mod to stop a mod follower from queueing into animations? I can sometimes work around the problem using TESEdit and deleting/changing up items in the ESP, but sometimes no matter what I try it doesn't solve the problem. Is it something I'll have to finally learn to use CK to fix? I do use it at times, but only out of necessity. ;)

Any advice on what maybe the problem would be greatly appreciated, or even a link to something that may help me solve this.

Often the problem is that the mod follower does not use the standard (XPMSE) skeleton. This will give you the result that you describe. The mod description SHOULD make a note of that however.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Psalam for the reply.

Sadly, the really frustrating mod followers I have trouble with doesn't seem to be due to a skeleton mismatch. Still haven't figured it out but guess I'll keep fumbling around til i solve it. ;)

P.S. Love your two ask a question Consensual mods to start an animated scene. Practically no need for the SL tools mod now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2023 at 5:33 AM, Soronarr said:

I have similar issues.  Weird problems. I found that if there is a follower for whom animations work, involving it an an act with another one always works, even if the other follower normally doesn't.

Thank you for the info. Not a solution but interesting. ;)

I'll give it a try and see what happens.