Sims nowhere to be found

Hey, for some reason, any household I play, will become unavailable after exiting the game.
The game says they are at home, but no matter how many times I reload the save, or go to manage worlds, they never re-appear.

Does anyone know how to deal with this problem? I'm very, very new to this game and have no idea what to do and couldn't find this specific problem anywhere :/

screenshot1.png

Can you bring them to the current lot by clicking on that little white icon (the one that looks like a lightning or something) next to their greyed-out portraits?

Also, weird stuff can happen when you update the game but forget to update the mods or vice versa, so make sure that your stuff is compatible (i.e. don't run a WickedWhims version from 2019 on a game you installed yesterday). And always remember to delete "localthumbcache.package", found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4", whenever you make any changes to your mods or the game itself (including updates, deleting mods, game repairs etc.).

4 minutes ago, Crashdown117 said:

Can you bring them to the current lot by clicking on that little white icon (the one that looks like a lightning or something) next to their greyed-out portraits?

Also, weird stuff can happen when you update the game but forget to update the mods or vice versa, so make sure that your stuff is compatible (i.e. don't run a WickedWhims version from 2019 on a game you installed yesterday). And always remember to delete "localthumbcache.package", found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4", whenever you make any changes to your mods or the game itself (including updates, deleting mods, game repairs etc.).

Nope, can't bring them to the lot. I can only choose "Care for self" or "Socialize with.."

I've installed the game like 3 days ago and installed a few mods off a collection from the n.xus.

That's it, nothing else. Deleting the localthumbcache file didn't resolve the problem, unfortunately :(

I can only start it by moving all my mods to a folder on desktop by logging out of EA, then force update or repair, and lastly load your mods and restart the game and that's it. but when you exit and want to play again you have to repeat everything again. a hassle and a waste of time

8 hours ago, nickperu68 said:

I can only start it by moving all my mods to a folder on desktop by logging out of EA, then force update or repair, and lastly load your mods and restart the game and that's it. but when you exit and want to play again you have to repeat everything again. a hassle and a waste of time

It's not normal. You might have broken or conflicting mods. Try 50/50 method to check it:

https://simscommunity.info/2022/09/08/sos-how-to-50-50-your-the-sims-4-mods-folder/

10 hours ago, mcromance said:

It's not normal. You might have broken or conflicting mods. Try 50/50 method to check it:

https://simscommunity.info/2022/09/08/sos-how-to-50-50-your-the-sims-4-mods-folder/

I installed everything with Vortex and you mean to tell me, that my game is broken now?
F*ing hell, why the F did I even spend money on the premium membership ?

Thanks anyways, will try the 50/50 Method :/

Edit: The 50/50 Method helped! A mod named "MusicianCareer" was the problem! Everything works accordingly now, thanks again!

Edited by akuma35
3 hours ago, akuma35 said:

I installed everything with Vortex and you mean to tell me, that my game is broken now?
F*ing hell, why the F did I even spend money on the premium membership ?

Thanks anyways, will try the 50/50 Method :/

Edit: The 50/50 Method helped! A mod named "MusicianCareer" was the problem! Everything works accordingly now, thanks again!

Yeah, sadly all those cc managers are good to some extent. Custom traits, careers and 'heavy' mods are usually the culprit of bugs, thus the 50/50 method is the best.

Also for me the best way possible is to manually put mods in the Sims 4 folder. I have 3 TEST folders: CAS, mods and Build & Buy. I put new stuff in those folders first and if they don't cause me issues for a week or so of playing I move them to permanet folders.