Question regarding updating FNIS

MonaBabii

Hey! Sorry if this is in the wrong section and/or something so dumb it didn't even need a topic of its own, but I usually have pretty bad luck installing and updating stuff x_x And so I wonder:

-Is it safe to download the latest FNIS beta through NMM, install it and say yes to Update from the 3.5 version?

I have read the installation instructions and what not but the beta file is labeled for "experienced users" only (which I am not, but on the other hand it seems like I must update at this point if I want to test new mods that are coming out), and thus I'm afraid all the information on the description page of FNIS is only referring to the Regular default 3.5 version, so I'm not sure if it's safe or not and would like someone experienced to give me the green light D:

I'm using FNIS almost exclusively for SexLab, so really the question might as well be, is there any danger of something SexLab related to get screwed up if I update without starting a new game or having to uninstall all my mods that use FNIS?

Thanks a ton in advance, and again, sorry if this is a little/too dumb a question. I thought of posting the question in the FNIS' comments section at the Nexus but I feel the user base here at Lovers Lab tends to be much more experienced at just about anything lol, specially regarding mods (that I use) that are not even allowed to be posted over there.

Cheers!

EDIT: Also, if something were to go wrong with either the update or perhaps an issue with a mod that would require me to roll back to 3.5, would it be safe to uninstall the 4.0 beta version and reinstall the 3.5 without repercussions?

Taking this into consideration, would you recommend I simply stick to 3.5 until 4.0 is out of beta?

As mention in description the author already mention that new FNIS 4.0b3 require manual update.  So as iggypop1 mentioned, just manually overwrite files from the new archive in to respective data folder.

If anything wrong happen, just use NMM to install 3.5 again or manually overwrite file from 3.5 archive to data folder.

Whenever you change them, run fnis for users again.

Archived