How to reset Sim progress?

Share your ways. How can I better transfer all my families to a new game and reset their progress?

Trying to start a new game. I have dozens of families that I have set up manually. I also made changes to their appearance during the game, so the originally created families look much worse and less detailed.

All statistics are saved right now: Skills, jobs, traits, ww stats, hidden buffs and debuffs, hidden traits, hidden progress in those billions of mods that I installed and uninstalled, and much more. I was looking for a way, but maybe my search skill is just bad?
I'd be absolutely surprised if there's still no way to just transfer the appearance of sims and nothing else.

And so, now I:
1. I just save the family to the library and then add it to the new world.
2. I save the locations to the library and just add them in the new game.
3. I select each sim individually and enter the command "ww.reset_sim_statistics". (EACH INDIVIDUALLY)
Unfortunately right now it's easier to reset every NPC in an existing game and pretend you started a new game. But this plan is sad shit, because it's no different than copying families into a new game. 
Any options?

Edited by Soldream

MC Command Center has functions to copy a Sim's appearance to another Sim. IIRC, they are found in the MC CAS module when clicking on a Sim, then MC Command Center

Alternatively, the MC Cheats module offers a lot of commands to reset certain aspects of gampelay, e.g. skills and aspirations. You can also demote your Sims in their currently active career there. In addtion, the MC CAS module also offers options to add or remove traits, so you can also get rid of any reward traits and the like. For their account balance, just use the console command "Money <amount>" and set it to the starting 20k or whatever you see fit.

It will be a bit cumbersome to do this for all of your Sims, but if you do it and save the result to a new file with mods disabled (which will both save you some time and make sure that you don't carry over mod-related stuff), you should end up with a world full of Sims and households that are back to square one. For a completely new game, save all of these households to the gallery, then start a new game from the main menu and import them from the gallery into some nice starter homes.

1 hour ago, Crashdown117 said:

MC Command Center has functions to copy a Sim's appearance to another Sim. IIRC, they are found in the MC CAS module when clicking on a Sim, then MC Command Center

Alternatively, the MC Cheats module offers a lot of commands to reset certain aspects of gampelay, e.g. skills and aspirations. You can also demote your Sims in their currently active career there. In addtion, the MC CAS module also offers options to add or remove traits, so you can also get rid of any reward traits and the like. For their account balance, just use the console command "Money <amount>" and set it to the starting 20k or whatever you see fit.

It will be a bit cumbersome to do this for all of your Sims, but if you do it and save the result to a new file with mods disabled (which will both save you some time and make sure that you don't carry over mod-related stuff), you should end up with a world full of Sims and households that are back to square one. For a completely new game, save all of these households to the gallery, then start a new game from the main menu and import them from the gallery into some nice starter homes.

Thank you for your response. I just want to clarify this point because it sounds like madness. I have to:
1. Create a new sim into the family.
2. Copy and paste the appearance into it from the reference. Copying clothes, in short, is impossible.
3. Delete the old sim with its old statistics.
4. Do this for each individual sim in the family.
5. Keep the family in this state.
5. BREAK YOUR BRAIN! Do it for every family?

Edited by Soldream
10 hours ago, Soldream said:

Thank you for your response. I just want to clarify this point because it sounds like madness. I have to:
1. Create a new sim into the family.
2. Copy and paste the appearance into it from the reference. Copying clothes, in short, is impossible.
3. Delete the old sim with its old statistics.
4. Do this for each individual sim in the family.
5. Keep the family in this state.
5. BREAK YOUR BRAIN! Do it for every family?

Well, yes and no. Copying the appearance should also copy all outfits (unless MCCC changed how that works during the past one or two years). As for all the other steps, these would need to be repeated for every Sim in every household. The game doesn't offer a quick way to revert everything back to square one and I also don't know of any mods that allow you to reset your progress.

However, if you don't need to copy things like facial features and physical proportions (i.e. you only want to copy the outfits), you can try the Outfit Tools mod by Scumbumbo (found here: https://scumbumbomods.com/#/outfit-tools-copy-any-outfit/), which will alow you to copy clothes as well as hair, makeup, and tattoos. The drawback here is that you may have to copy every outfit individually, but since it's done through console commands it might be faster than using MCCC.

Considering that the game forces you to save every household to the gallery before letting you play with it, you might also be able to use these "intital" versions in your gallery and "update" them with the commands outfit.backup and outfit.restore. AFAIK, these commands go by name only, so you could try creating a backup from all those Sims in their current state with outfit.backup (run once for every Sim) and then use the outfit.restore command to make their "square one" counterparts look the same (again, run once for every SIm). This should also work across different saves, allowing you to start a "truly" new game, then import your households, then "restore" the outfits.

I would recommend trying this with a single Sim first, as I've only used this method to fix outfits across different versions of the same save, so "source" and "target" Sims were always identical for me. If it doesn't work (e.g. because it goes by Sim ID in-game despite organizing the external save files by name), you'll unfortunately be back to using the "copy" command or the MCCC functions for copying Sim appearances.

5 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

Well, yes and no. Copying the appearance should also copy all outfits (unless MCCC changed how that works during the past one or two years). As for all the other steps, these would need to be repeated for every Sim in every household. The game doesn't offer a quick way to revert everything back to square one and I also don't know of any mods that allow you to reset your progress.

However, if you don't need to copy things like facial features and physical proportions (i.e. you only want to copy the outfits), you can try the Outfit Tools mod by Scumbumbo (found here: https://scumbumbomods.com/#/outfit-tools-copy-any-outfit/), which will alow you to copy clothes as well as hair, makeup, and tattoos. The drawback here is that you may have to copy every outfit individually, but since it's done through console commands it might be faster than using MCCC.

Considering that the game forces you to save every household to the gallery before letting you play with it, you might also be able to use these "intital" versions in your gallery and "update" them with the commands outfit.backup and outfit.restore. AFAIK, these commands go by name only, so you could try creating a backup from all those Sims in their current state with outfit.backup (run once for every Sim) and then use the outfit.restore command to make their "square one" counterparts look the same (again, run once for every SIm). This should also work across different saves, allowing you to start a "truly" new game, then import your households, then "restore" the outfits.

I would recommend trying this with a single Sim first, as I've only used this method to fix outfits across different versions of the same save, so "source" and "target" Sims were always identical for me. If it doesn't work (e.g. because it goes by Sim ID in-game despite organizing the external save files by name), you'll unfortunately be back to using the "copy" command or the MCCC functions for copying Sim appearances.

Thank you. Really, thank you for such a detailed explanation. It's a shame that all the million years of sims 4's existence, the developers still don't think about player amenities. Endless dlc's that only slow the game down and break it even more and keep buying, that's what they're interested in. Unfortunately these character transfer ways are too time consuming and not worth it. Topic closed, EA are greedy pricks.

Edited by Soldream