8 hours ago, PepeLordd said:

and how is that relevant exactly?

Eh, I'd say it's indirectly relevant. Cheaper games or games that are *free* are easier for more people to get into. Modders included. I've personally seen plenty of familiar names over on RIN that acquire them through other means just to make mods. You can also see dead topics on this site get a lot of attention the day it's possible as well, like Valkyrie Elysium most recently, from both users and creators. So he's not wrong, but also not helpful to the discussion here either.

But on to the topic of this game: It's UE4 and there are 3 playable female characters. The one posted in the OP and two others.

Untitled.thumb.png.77db99e083e96fbb4c6fdb7a831cd2c8.png

Untitled2.thumb.png.ce6b777501d52935217fe563a48452f0.png

On 4/22/2023 at 3:07 PM, ButtJutsu said:

$60 game, and has denuvo.  Ask again in 2 years.

Denuvo is not a problem. Looks at RE4. There are plenty of mods already. The problem is the game being Epic store exclusive which reduces a lot of potential players.

Edited by assassin394

https://www.nexusmods.com/deadisland2/mods/2

Some modding info on Nexus.

This is not a mod, it's a resource for other modders who are more skilled than I am.
I have managed to unlock the folders and am able to view and export the asset files to use for modding the game.

How to use: 

1. Download the file. In the .txt file you will see the key. Copy this key and download either Fmodel or Umodel (or any other software you would usually use to access archives for exporting assets from games).
  2. Using Fmodel as an example - In the name field, enter: Dead Island 2. Click the 3 button menu underneath and go to the Dead Island 2 folder containing your pak files. For me It was "E:\Epic Games\DeadIsland2\DeadIsland\Content\Paks".
  3. Now Fmodel will open this directory in the GUI but you will notice that the pak files have a red circle indicating they cannot be opened due to encryption. At the top-left of the Fmodel GUI you will see a dropdown menu called "Directory", click that and then click "AES". Here is where you will paste the key from the text file to gain access to the folders and assets.
  4. From here you can Save as .png for textures, .psk for models, .uasset for raw data (UE4), etc.

It's worth noting that the game is based on a custom version of Unreal Engine 4.25.0 so trying to pull anything other than .uassets from the archives will fail (at least, that's been my experience). Hopefully someone else will be able to figure out how to do this but for now, this key should help get the ball rolling.
Once you're done editing the asset you will need to find a way to repack the asset back up again to add it to the game. Experienced modders will know what to do for this part. UnrealPak can do this but I haven't gone this far yet. This is the part I am currently on myself. I'm uploading this here in the hopes that other modders who are much more skilled than I am will be able to take this further so that the modding scene for Dead Island 2 can commence! :)

TLDR; Text file with decryption keys to allow you to access the game folders and assets to start modding the game.

Edited by DORODERE

Don't have the game, so I'm not sure what is inside the game folders.

If you nagivate to the Binaries\Win64 folder, does the filename of the .exe contains the word "Shipping" ?

Did you try to do hex edit on the .exe and see if it enables the mod?

Does the main game's pak file have .sig file besides it?

• 2 months later...

This game got Cracked, So if anyone is doing any nude mods, they can now. But One thing I would say, the installation time will take a while, I did on samsung 990pro with i9 and 32gig ram, it took an hour. So there is that.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...