Personal mod - Posters help

I've taken an existing mod as i like the size and look of the posters.

I've put it into Sims 4 Studio and changed the swatches and the actual poster itself to what i'd wanted to add into the game.

But I'm unable to have the original mod and my new custom mod in the game at the same time, only 1 appears.

Is there a setting within the file that i need to change to make the game distinguish between the two different files? as it seems like the game thinks they're the same mod

If you only change the pictures on the posters, both your swatches and the original ones will have the same IDs, and thus one will override the other. What you want to do is add more swatches to the original mod instead of changing the existing ones, because then S4S will generate new IDs for your swatches and they will be distinguishable from the original ones.

Using the file you already created, simply select each of your swatches in the "Studio" tab and hit the "Add swatch" button. This will create a second swatch with the same textures and everything, allowing you to delete the first one without losing anything. The new swatches will be very likely to have IDs that are unique among your CC, allowing you to have both poster packs in your game at the same time.

19 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

If you only change the pictures on the posters, both your swatches and the original ones will have the same IDs, and thus one will override the other. What you want to do is add more swatches to the original mod instead of changing the existing ones, because then S4S will generate new IDs for your swatches and they will be distinguishable from the original ones.

Using the file you already created, simply select each of your swatches in the "Studio" tab and hit the "Add swatch" button. This will create a second swatch with the same textures and everything, allowing you to delete the first one without losing anything. The new swatches will be very likely to have IDs that are unique among your CC, allowing you to have both poster packs in your game at the same time.

Thank you very much for the response!

So I've taken the original package and changed the images and swatches (Names etc) and added 25 swatches,

I've then made another one and put another 25 swatches in that one, I didn't personally want 50 swatches on 1 item alone.

Is there a way to change the IDs? or am i going to have to put all the swatches into 1 mod?

EDIT: Issue has been sorted now, I've created a 3D mesh copy of the original package and saved it as a new mod.

Edited by imloveable