SSR or SCR or Both?

KSixNiner

• 2 weeks later...

You should be fine using both, some new plugins use SSR while some old ones still use SCR.

what about plugins that have separate packages for SSR and SCR?  the Sex Assault is what I'm referring to in particular.  will having both SSR and SCR installed mess that up?

I had been interested in installing SA as well as Sexout Tryout, which, if I understand right, requires both SSR (included with SexoutNG) and SCR to be installed together.

final question, when having both installed what is the proper load order? The sexout FAQ only listed SCR in the indicated load order.

If using both ssr and scr, i think your best option would be to use scr versions of plugins when available to prevent issues, and have the scr esm under the ssr one to ensure proper overwriting. This is guestimation, as I am only using ssr at the current time, and even then have not been mucking about with sexout lately.

You should be fine using both, some new plugins use SSR while some old ones still use SCR.

what about plugins that have separate packages for SSR and SCR?  the Sex Assault is what I'm referring to in particular.  will having both SSR and SCR installed mess that up?

I had been interested in installing SA as well as Sexout Tryout, which, if I understand right, requires both SSR (included with SexoutNG) and SCR to be installed together.

final question, when having both installed what is the proper load order? The sexout FAQ only listed SCR in the indicated load order.

Edit:

The post below explains it better than I did.

A bit late, I've been moving (again). All moved in now and trying to catch up on sexout stuff.

Given a choice, you should use SSR and SSR enabled mods, not SCR. You can use both together if you need to, and load order should not matter terribly much between the two. Mod record modification and load order is somewhat complicated to explain but in this case it's really the load order of the ESPs that matters, not the ESMs.

The only place where load order between them matters is in ESPs that modify records in the ESM. If one ESP modifies a record in SSR, and one modifies the same record in SCR, whichever ESP is loaded last determines which record will be used -- and the modifications made by the other ESP will be ignored.

As for the purpose, SSR isn't there for performance issues, it's a replacement for SSR to remove "bloat" and conflicts from SCR. Over the year or two since SCRs introduction a lot of things made it in that should have been in other mods. There are lore-unfriendly clothes and bodies, overridden vanilla effects that some players may not want, and so on. The goal is for all mods to be updated to use SSR, SCR to be retired, and Hal to take over SSR development.

This is going to take some time since there is at least one ESM (pregnancy) that uses a lot of stuff in SCR that isn't in SSR, and Hal is moving that stuff to the pregnancy ESM as he has time. Any mods that use pregnancy as a master must wait to be modified until pregnancy itself is done.

If you don't use pregnancy, and your mods are up to date, there is no reason to use SCR.

If there are any non-pregnancy mods that still use SCR, let me know and I will attempt to either get the authors to update them, or possibly update them myself. If they're very old/abandoned though, they will likely stay that way unless someone steps up to take over.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys. I can't find the SSR anywhere. It says somewhere that the current version of SexoutNG (2.6.82) includes it, but SexoutSharedResources.esm is not included in my plugin list after install. I installed the framework with FOMM, and I followed the instructions carefully. The instructions do not mention the SSR however... 

One of the Sexout mods I've downloaded require that I have it.

Download a newer version of that mod.

SSR was shot in the head and left in a ditch beside the road, and no robot came along to help it. It's dead and not coming back.

I see. There was a SCR version as well, so I installed SCR and downloaded the other version (Sex Assault btw), but SCR turned the body invisible during the act so to speak... I use breezes male bodies, with hair originally... SCR require something else perhaps?  oO Thought there were more options. I'm not interested in huge bouncy tits or rubbery bodies you see... I want it natural. 

I have one small unrelated question if you got time for it... When I first installed SexoutNG, and tested the 'jerk off' feature. It worked fine, the body was visible and all that, but when it was over, the pc passed out. Just fell like a ragdoll before getting dressed and back to normal. Is it supposed to do that?

Ragdoll happens after every sex act. At the time, it was the most reliable way to stop the animation and ensure the actor did not get stuck playing it forever.

As for the invisibility, test without any custom bodies installed at all except the one you get from sexout and sexout data. T6M is included with sexout core for females, it's not an 'over the top' type. Roberts an breezes are both included with the data install, it's your choice as to which you want during installation.

Ragdoll happens after every sex act. At the time, it was the most reliable way to stop the animation and ensure the actor did not get stuck playing it forever.

As for the invisibility, test without any custom bodies installed at all except the one you get from sexout and sexout data. T6M is included with sexout core for females, it's not an 'over the top' type. Roberts an breezes are both included with the data install, it's your choice as to which you want during installation.

Thank you. That took care of the invisibility. I would prefer hair on the body though, but I'll see if I can not get it to work somehow. The animation did work with hairy body at first, before I installed SCR, so maybe it is possible? Hairless women is no problem ;P

I'm back on track now, got the texture I wanted. It's a bit bewildering, I must say, but thank you clearing things up.

Just one more thing, if you don't mind... When the animation start, the camera is moved inside the character's head, is that normal too? Looks a bit awkward... I figured I could move it using 'aswd' to get a third person view, but I didn't see an option to always begin animations in 3rd person. Is it an option?

Archived