Incestuous relationships blocked

Just wondering whether anyone knows why this may have changed in the past few days...

In my mods folder I have...

WW, basemental, Nisas wicked perversions, animations, inappropriate unlock, better pregnancy, extreme violence, rambunctious religions and relationship and pregnancy overhaul.

I have set up a whole lore and system using these mods. Which included some incestuous interactions (using the romance pie menu with sims who are related). All mods are up to date...

Up until yesterday all of this worked completely fine. But then all of the romance options between related sims disappeared... even with all the relevant WW settings applied.

It took me ages to figure out what was happening and which mod was causing the issue. Turns out its the relationship and pregnancy overhaul mod (I took all mods out and placed them back in one by one to figure out which one was causing the issue). 

After some lengthy discussions on the discord for this mod apparently the relationship and pregnancy overhaul mod has always blocked incestuous interactions but I know this isn't true. Has anyone else experienced this? And does anyone know how to fix it? 

Thanks for any help!

20230331_202725.jpg

4 hours ago, Psyche93 said:

Just wondering whether anyone knows why this may have changed in the past few days...

In my mods folder I have...

WW, basemental, Nisas wicked perversions, animations, inappropriate unlock, better pregnancy, extreme violence, rambunctious religions and relationship and pregnancy overhaul.

I have set up a whole lore and system using these mods. Which included some incestuous interactions (using the romance pie menu with sims who are related). All mods are up to date...

Up until yesterday all of this worked completely fine. But then all of the romance options between related sims disappeared... even with all the relevant WW settings applied.

It took me ages to figure out what was happening and which mod was causing the issue. Turns out its the relationship and pregnancy overhaul mod (I took all mods out and placed them back in one by one to figure out which one was causing the issue). 

After some lengthy discussions on the discord for this mod apparently the relationship and pregnancy overhaul mod has always blocked incestuous interactions but I know this isn't true. Has anyone else experienced this? And does anyone know how to fix it? 

Thanks for any help!

20230331_202725.jpg

I do not know about previous versions, but the current version 2.93 blocks incestuous relationships, both in the core library (which you need to use any other of the modules) and in the "Romances and Friendships" module (and maybe in other files).

15 minutes ago, TammieJammie said:

Hey! I have the same issue and unfortunately I have no idea how to fix it... 

The only way to "fix" that is editing the code in the mod or using an extern add-on to overwrite the files that are blocking the incest (which are quite a few).

You could also try placing wicked whims files and the inappropriate unlock mod in an overrides folder, so the game gives priority to those files over Lumpinou mod. I am not sure if it will work, but since it is quite easy it might be worth the try. 

Edited by LittleRedSonja
13 minutes ago, LittleRedSonja said:

The only way to "fix" that is editing the code in the mod or using an extern add-on to overwrite the files that are blocking the incest (which are quite a few).

You could also try placing wicked whims files and the inappropriate unlock mod in an overrides folder, so the game gives priority to those files over Lumpinou mod. I am not sure if it will work, but since it is quite easy it might be worth the try. 

I will give it a go thank you ?.

28 minutes ago, TammieJammie said:

Glad to know its not just me! ?

14 hours ago, LittleRedSonja said:

14 hours ago, TammieJammie said:

Okay doing the override worked. I followed these instructions (https://simplifiedmodding.tumblr.com/post/653467282670026752/tutorial-how-to-create-a-working-overrides-folder) so my resource file looks like this...

image.png.450e4d32aba9e8cbe15bf3567502d723.png

And in my Overrides folder I put Relationship and pregnancy overhaul and rambunctious religions (just to be sure as it's made by Lumpinou as well.  So my mods folder looks like this....

image.png.719df4a7e97af6d84b92e33cac21e757.png

And my _Override folder looks like this...

image.png.5accda9bdeb532ad7b7e1d73e344db09.png

11 minutes ago, Psyche93 said:

Okay doing the override worked. I followed these instructions (https://simplifiedmodding.tumblr.com/post/653467282670026752/tutorial-how-to-create-a-working-overrides-folder) so my resource file looks like this...

Good! Now other users can use that same trick. Overrides folders are quite handy to "solve" conflicts ?.

51 minutes ago, car34f said:

for incestuous relationships just download "wickedwhims inappropriate unlock"

That will not prevent RPO from blocking incest, unfortunately, so you need to do the overrides folder trick OR edit RPO code for your own personal use. 

• 3 weeks later...

I followed the override method to a T but ive had no such luck. if i place the wicked mods into the override WW just doesnt work at all. if i place RPO into the overrides folder i get all my incest and Teen-Adult relation back but, i get this

looll.PNG

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2023 at 1:49 AM, Urany9a said:

Hello! I have been looking inside the RPO mod, and I saw two Columns disable incest, I don't know what to do here. If I delete them, it will activate the incest but it breaks the mod

image.png.3c86fd6b668498be1d3e4b2dd00da9bd.png

So I decided to test something and I just removed the test code from those BlockRomanceForRelated snippets without deleting them. Tested the mod with father/teen daughter + father/YA daughter and it seems to work ok (it's my first time using it).

Edit: I was using the overrides folder for this test, so it might not work if placed outside of it. It will also need to be repeated after each update of RPO.

image.png.d218546d9a3848397748f9df8302d89f.png

So maybe it's a way to avoid LE errors.

But then I do not use BetterExceptions anymore, as it did nothing better than what MCCC exceptions were already capable of.

Edited by mcromance
  • 2 weeks later...

I did the overrides folder option and it didn't work for me. I got an LE when I entered the game, but everythinng else between the two I want to have a relationship with is the same. Hmmm, let me go back over it VERY carefully to make sure I did it all correctly. Will report back. 

ETA: It seems to be user error. I confirmed that I have everything set up properly, however, since they are teens, I had to go into WW and give them the post puberty trait. Once I did that, then everything showed as an option for my teens (yes, even incest). I still get an LE though. Not sure if that is suppose to happen. 

Edited by blksimlvr
  • 3 weeks later...

@mcromance Thanks so much for pinpointing exactly what needed to be taken out in the studio. Was able to match my XML files up to exactly what you posted and its working flawlessly. Went from limited romance options to fully unlocked between Mother/Son. Find it odd that brother/sister was not locked but parents are. Anyway THANKS AGAIN!!!

• 7 months later...

I cast Revivify on this thread!

A lot of RPO options stopped working when I tried using the Override method. It worked before, but with the newest update it broke again. Putting it a folder deep in the overrides folder caused a lot of RPO's things to stop working.

Moving everything back out to the overrides folder fixed RPO, but broke incest romance.

Deleting the test code from both the "block romance for related" lines, as mcromance pointed out, fixed everything so far. I used a sibling pair to test it out. All romance options available. 

I don't know if it broke any other part of RPO, though. Haven't tested that out. I don't think it did, and I didn't get any exceptions.

So right now, RPO is not 2 folders deep as the override method suggests. It's in it's own folder in mods. Just with those two sections of the core modified.

Edited by Faolon
4 minutes ago, Faolon said:

I cast Revivify on this thread!

A lot of RPO options stopped working when I tried using the Override method. It worked before, but with the newest update it broke again. Putting it a folder deep in the overrides folder caused a lot of RPO's things to stop working.

Moving everything back out to the overrides folder fixed RPO, but broke incest romance.

Deleting the test code from both the "block romance for related" lines, as mcromance pointed out, fixed everything so far. I used a sibling pair to test it out. All romance options available. 

I don't know if it broke any other part of RPO, though. Haven't tested that out. I don't think it did, and I didn't get any exceptions.

So right now, RPO is not 2 folders deep as the override method suggests. It's in it's own folder in mods. Just with those two sections of the core modified.

And I cast Necro. Just download Inappropriate Unlock and welcome to the Hapsbergs.

2 hours ago, GMac2021 said:

And I cast Necro. Just download Inappropriate Unlock and welcome to the Hapsbergs.

Already had that. RPO blocks it. The only way to use both mods is to edit the code in Sims4studio.

8 hours ago, Déshonorée said:

What's the common solution for this right now?

Download: 

This will add options for you to use again if you're not using RPO.

If you're using Lumpinou's RPO collection AND you've already downloaded the file above:

Download Sims4studio. This is what people use to create package files and stuff to put in game. It also lets us edit existing files.

Open the "M00_CoreLibrary_REQUIRED" package in Sims4Studio from the RPO collection. In this thread go up to mrromance's post. Now look in Sims4Studio and find that section that he's highlighted. "BlockRomanceForRelatedAndNotAllowed". You'll see that your version has a bunch of stuff in it compared to what's in the picture. Erase the extra stuff on your file so it looks like his picture. So erase everything from below the "<L n="test">" line to the second </L>, making sure to leave that second L.

Now do the same for the section beneath that, the "BlockRomanceForRelatedAndNoRom" part. Erase things so it looks like the picture again. Now click save.

This should allow you to use both RPO and WW Innappropirate Unlock at the same time. Romance interactions should no long be blocked for sims in incestuous relationships.

Edited by Faolon
  • 1 month later...

I went to go do this and found something I believe is new, two lines or what have you called "M0_Settings_TestSet_reinforced_incest_protection_off" and "M0_Settings_TestSet_reinforced_incest_protection_on". The previous lines I would always edit now have "DEPRECATED" added on to the name. I'm not code-savvy enough to feel confident touching this without breaking my game, and I don't want to corrupt my current saves so I'm just taking RPO out and playing a new save for now. Does anyone know how to get around this?

On 2/2/2024 at 6:38 PM, LaundryBasketLid said:

I went to go do this and found something I believe is new, two lines or what have you called "M0_Settings_TestSet_reinforced_incest_protection_off" and "M0_Settings_TestSet_reinforced_incest_protection_on". The previous lines I would always edit now have "DEPRECATED" added on to the name. I'm not code-savvy enough to feel confident touching this without breaking my game, and I don't want to corrupt my current saves so I'm just taking RPO out and playing a new save for now. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Did you download the latest version? If so, it looks like they changed/added something new.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey ive been trying to do a GoT Targaryen gameplay, has anyone been able to get around the M0_Settings_TestSet_reinforced_incest_protection_off" and "M0_Settings_TestSet_reinforced_incest_protection_on"  on issue? Or does the code edit version work still? lol

• 1 month later...

I tried the mcromace suggestion but appearntly you cant use sims4studio to edit a script file. its only for cc. you need to use a python tool to edit the scipt file. and the pycharm thats free 30 days has a mb limit to 2.6 mb and the scipt you need to edit is 2.9 mb, lol. so no idea what to try next *shrug*

unless i missed something, then please correct me. because i managed to delete that piece of code that mcromance showed in his/her thread but i couldent update it to the rpo collection. it insisted to be an png.file.