Dynamic Toy ID Test.

I need a VX user to test a toy I created with a Dynamic ID.

If you have other toys created using a Dynamic ID of zero, then please test this (addon & pose.)

The hope is that it DOESN'T work and the pose loads with the wrong/no toy. If you DON'T have any other Dynamic ID toys, then the pose will probably load just fine (which tells me nothing.)

Here is what you SHOULDN'T see:

TIA

The Klub 17-0001.png

How many ways do I have to explain that the dynamic ID is generated from the username and item number: I.E. USERToy01?!?!

SHEESH!!

And YOU'RE the guy who wrote all the fucking tutorials! No wonder nobody knows how to do anything with this program!!

12 hours ago, Curtis_S said:

How many ways do I have to explain that the dynamic ID is generated from the username and item number: I.E. USERToy01?!?!

SHEESH!!

And YOU'RE the guy who wrote all the fucking tutorials! No wonder nobody knows how to do anything with this program!!

Someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? ?

I'm aware of that. "Sheesh!!"

And so far, the only person complaining they "don't how to do anything with this program after reading my tutorials/documentation" is you.

The issue here is that "Dynamic IDs" don't work for anyone except the creator of said item if they intend to share their work.

The Team is attempting a fix, and I needed samples (and volunteers) to test it.

If you have issues with this, you needent be on a Community website seeking to share your work & knowledge. ?

PS: Please point me to ANY previous time you "explained" Dynamic ID's to me.

The issue HERE is that you don't even know what a dynamic ID is, or how it's created. You've demonstrated that repeatedly. You've also demontrated repeatedly that you've never looked at, or understood a single thing I've sent you. And you're right, I can not get how things work from your tutorials, because they're only about 70% correct, at best. I can only assume that's thanks to Berger, not you. Because YOU still don't know how to do a simple thing, like make a friggin' toy. And TOYS was literally the FIRST tutorial of yours I ever read. So, figure it out yourself, or don't, because I'm tired of wasting my time.

20 hours ago, Curtis_S said:

The issue HERE is that you don't even know what a dynamic ID is, or how it's created. You've demonstrated that repeatedly. You've also demontrated repeatedly that you've never looked at, or understood a single thing I've sent you. And you're right, I can not get how things work from your tutorials, because they're only about 70% correct, at best. I can only assume that's thanks to Berger, not you. Because YOU still don't know how to do a simple thing, like make a friggin' toy. And TOYS was literally the FIRST tutorial of yours I ever read. So, figure it out yourself, or don't, because I'm tired of wasting my time.

I'll admit that since I abandoned "Dynamic ID's" about 5 years ago, I may have forgotten some of the details in building them. That doesn't mean I don't know anything about constructing toys.

I'm not sure what the "30%" you think I failed to include in a Toy Tutorial written for Beginners might be, but I'm perfectly happy to hear what you believe I should include and update the tutorial as needed.

Or better yet, write your own. (BTW: This isn't the "Help Curtis_S Website", if you believe I am "wasting your time", you needent be here.)

Any tutorial I could produce would be useless to most people, as I use 3dsmax and there are no utilities for the klub that directly support it. As a consequence, I have to jump through many hoops to get anything from the editor through CTK. Nevertheless, I have already placed a number of videos on the developer site that show me doing exactly that (look for anything with the name EJAX on it). If you are a blender user, you can pretty much skip straight to the part where I show how to create the batch file. Some of those same batch files are in the zip I sent you (that's everything currently in my ctk folder). The fact that you're still asking the question tells me you've never looked at them; or if you have, you didn't understand any of it.

Edited by Curtis_S

But I'll say again, and try to be as clear as possible... The dynamic ID is created BY YOUR MACHINE WHEN YOU INSTALL THE ADDON, from the Username, Type, and Item Number (I.e. UserToy01). And you can TEST the dynamic nature of it, simply by moving addons made for VX or later in and out of your Addons folder. You can watch the numbers change right before your eyes. Those numbers are to be found in any of the tk17_auto----_ids.idx files in your Save folder.

Avarteas told you how to get around that, by placing an ID file in with any addon you plan to share. I admittedly have no idea how that works, because I don't actually care; I don't speak LUA, and I'm not trying to share poses. But I don't find anything in your addon to indicate that you heard or understood him either.

Edited by Curtis_S
21 hours ago, Curtis_S said:

Any tutorial I could produce would be useless to most people, as I use 3dsmax and there are no utilities for the klub...

All I read here are excuses. Just b/c you use "3DMax" doesn't mean you can't write your own tutorial. I did.

I wrote my own tutorials to be platform independent. I SPECIFICALLY STATE in them that "they are NOT intended to be a tutorial on how to use Blender" and therefore tried to keep the instructions as generic as possible, and to "use your preferred 3D modeling software."

"The fact that you're [using "3DMax isn't very common" as an excuse] tells me you've never looked at my tttorials; or if you have, you didn't understand any of it."

Regarding "dynamic ID is created BY YOUR MACHINE WHEN YOU INSTALL THE ADDON"...

THAT'S THE ENTIRE PROBLEM! I understand that fact. Why don't you understand that breaks poses (and sequencers) that use them?

"Avarteas told you how to get around that, by placing an ID file in with any addon you plan to share." - Yes, and despite my REPEATED requests, he has yet to show me the FORMAT in which the entries in that file should be (or even what to name it.) May I point out that you also do not provide that information. If "Just create a file" is your idea of instructions, then perhaps you shouldn't write a tutorial.

I DO understand that dynamic IDs break the ability to guarantee a particular toy to a particular pose to whoever you're intending to share it with. They DON'T "break the sequencer". I also see it as less of an annoyance that I might have to change a toy and hit SAVE once in a while, than having to hunt down an open ID slot any time I want to make an addon -- or worse, come here and have to beg someone's permission.

And Avarteas DID tell you the format.. I haven't tried it (no reason to), but if I interpret him correctly, it's a simple matter of copying the ID line from the tk17_auto----_ids.lua for the tool you want to reserve; put it in a text file with an .idx extension; and leave it somewhere in the addon (my choice would be the Scripts folder). I believe he also said you could change the number to anything within the appropriate range, but that you should go high so as to avoid any IDs that are already taken by the dynamic system. And, if that's wrong, I apologize. I'm just quoting from memory.

But, you're the guy who's going to swap DX9 for Vulkan, so... You should be able to do this in your sleep!

Edited by Curtis_S

IF I ever rise to the level of being able to write 3DS Max I/O scripts for the KLUB (I'm 60, so don't get your hopes up), then I most certainty will provide any necessary tutorials. But, presently, my way is much more convoluted and bug-ridden than I would like it to be. And you can call it an excuse if you like; but I have no burning desire to write up a tutorial if I know I'm going to be the only one reading it.

10 hours ago, Curtis_S said:

I DO understand that dynamic IDs break the ability to guarantee a particular toy to a particular pose to whoever you're intending to share it with. They DON'T "break the sequencer". I also see it as less of an annoyance that I might have to change a toy and hit SAVE once in a while, than having to hunt down an open ID slot any time I want to make an addon -- or worse, come here and have to beg someone's permission.

And Avarteas DID tell you the format.. I haven't tried it (no reason to), but if I interpret him correctly, it's a simple matter of copying the ID line from the tk17_auto----_ids.lua for the tool you want to reserve; put it in a text file with an .idx extension; and leave it somewhere in the addon (my choice would be the Scripts folder). I believe he also said you could change the number to anything within the appropriate range, but that you should go high so as to avoid any IDs that are already taken by the dynamic system. And, if that's wrong, I apologize. I'm just quoting from memory.

But, you're the guy who's going to swap DX9 for Vulkan, so... You should be able to do this in your sleep!

If it breaks a pose, it breaks the Sequence that uses it. That's not rocket science. And "fixing" a single pose is one thing. Editing a sequence is quite another. It is extremely difficult to edit/fix an imported sequence downloaded from someone else. The moment you save your edits, you break every pose link.

Regarding Avarteas' instructions on including an ID file, by your own admission: "if I interpret him correctly"... proves my point about how unclear his instructions are... AND how the "solution" needs to be simplified. Back in the old 7.5 days of "reserving ID#s and editing script files was complicated enough. AT MOST, users should only have to copy a single text file into their Addon. Something that can be done automatically just by updating CTK's batch files.

As for trying to swap DX9 for Vulkan... I ALREADY DID IT. YESTERDAY. Check Discord. It's the first big step in producing a graphics mod that isn't limited to DX9/DX11.

I think most of Avarteas' communication problem is with the translator. Plus he doesn't seem to have a lot of patience for people who just want shit handed to them. And he claims to be busy all the time (I don't know how true that last part is -- I guess it's down to what you consider "work").

So, about Vulkan... How many dlls did you end up throwing at it before you found one that didn't crash?

lol

I'm sorry, that last part wasn't fair. More likely than not, it fired up on your first attempt, just like ENB. Speaking of ENB, why didn't you just hack it (or write up your own replacement)? After all, it's JUST DirectX 9 - the same thing thing you're now wanting to replace with Vulkan. Then we can have FOUR rendering engines that don't want to be in the same program together! LOL

Edited by Curtis_S

If I laugh, it's because this is the same old last-ditch desperation move I see on countless modding forums. 3DSexVilla was written before 90% of what people TODAY demand of it was even possible. As a consequence, you have a timeline that runs at 24fps, that can't make a belivable video even if you are able to produce a decent screenshot (see attached video). Not only that, it was written to do a particular task, by a company that either didn't know what the hell they were doing, or just couldn't find a company willing to have their name associated with them -- which might explain why all of it's rendering engines are (and were at the time) abandonware... and ThriXXX DID take thier fair share of shit in the early days (especially from Microsoft), yet somehow they still managed to find time for you. You should be honored! :)

Edited by Curtis_S

If I was going to do that as anything serious, I'd do it in Max. But It will have to wait until I'm done rigging my entire cast into something a little more usable than a San Andreas skeleton (a task which I have only just begun).
That's Version 11 of the KLUB, not San Andreas (in case you were wondering). Although, my ultimate goal is to make them indistinguishable on all platforms.

EDIT: I AM curious as to what you think Vulkan can add that isn't already in that scene?

Edited by Curtis_S
On 4/1/2023 at 7:14 AM, Curtis_S said:

So, about Vulkan... How many dlls did you end up throwing at it before you found one that didn't crash?

lol

One. Started and ended with DxVk. Only obstacle to get it working was a missing ".config" file. Avarteas was able to supply that.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:06 AM, Curtis_S said:

EDIT: I AM curious as to what you think Vulkan can add that isn't already in that scene?

The first obstacle in producing a new Graphics mod for TK17 is having access to the latest rendering engine.

When Pervo released H5, I asked him why he used DX11 instead of DX12. He said it was b/c he had the SDK for DX11, but M$ was charging a fortune for the DX12 SDK.

So I asked him why he didn't use Vulkan (which is free), but he said 1) it would be too much work to rewrite Hook from scratch, and 2) "OpenGL" mode doesn't call an external library (the way DX calls "d3d8.dll"), so there was no way to access a Vulkan-based dll.

But thanks to DxVk, that's no longer the case.

Edited by OysterMug
On 4/1/2023 at 7:39 AM, Curtis_S said:

Speaking of ENB, why didn't you just hack it (or write up your own replacement)? After all, it's JUST DirectX 9

Unfortunately, 1) ENB is strictly 32bit (and has been mothballed since 2014), and 2) I've searched far & wide for the source (which the author said he once released privately) but it's nowhere to be found.

De-compiling doesn't appear to help b/c It's impossible to know what anything does without the source in a "Friendly" format like C. If it were one long program (like a game), it wouldn't be as much of an issue (either it runs or it doesn't), but when it's a collection of subroutines for performing different functions, it's impossible to tell what does what. :(