CBBE issue - Help! I've messed up my game!

Ok, first everything has been working mostly fine.(except ApachiiHairFemales.esm and CreatureFramework.esm is misssing. I'm not sure how)

I followed the guide and everything was going pretty well. I decided that I wanted to try physics on the character for bouncy boobs etc

I then (wrongly) remembered that the option was in the CBBE so I decided I would simply uninstall the MOD and the reinstall the MOD to get the options again. I then reinstalled CBBE as before with no changes to what I had done before. Ran LOOT and FNIS just in case, and now my character looks like shit!!!!

I recall seeing skin textures eg sweat beads etc, but I didn't see that option when reinstalling. It is the only MOD I messed with, so I'm not sure how it could be something else. Perhaps related to "Fair Skin Complexion"?

Anyway I hope it's something simple and I don't have to start again.

20230224175959_1.jpg

20230225150746_1.jpg

10 minutes ago, traison said:

Or the load order is wrong and CBBE is now overriding whatever skin texture you had before. Your mod manager will help with this, simply check conflicts and swap where needed.

I did run LOOT, doesn't that sort out the correct load order? How, on MO2, do I check for conflicts?

on a purely visual basis, It appears you lost both your skin texture (not only pale but doesn't have the tat) and your makeup. so one place you might look (in addition to the load order, which I've seen m'self in the past...and one reason I'm still stuck on 3BBB v1 instead of migrating to the newer ones) is in racemenu. In addition, your face doesn't look the same. Similar, but different in shape. (upper is a long head, lower is a roundhead)..also I know viewpoint angle has something to do with how the images look - and things hang, but upper image character seems to have a bit more "breast gravity" too.

So.... without knowing more, it *almost looks like there's a Racemenu preset missing from the equation.

Edited by anjenthedog
9 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

It appears you lost both your skin texture (not only pale but doesn't have the tat) and your makeup. so one place you might look (in addition to the load order, which I've seen m'self in the past...and one reason I'm still stuck on 3BBB v1 instead of migrating to the newer ones) is in racemenu. In addition, your face doesn't look the same. Similar, but different in shape. (upper is a long head, lower is a roundhead)..also I know viewpoint angle has something to do with how the images look - and things hang, but upper image character seems to have a bit more "breast gravity" too.

Makeup is sometimes (usually?) bundled with skin textures, unless it's RM overlays. As for the body shape, probably forgot to build the body in bodyslide again after installing CBBE (it probably comes with a prebuilt); hard to tell, both are so close to default CBBE. Also, skin textures sometimes completely change the face appearance, so I wouldn't go hunting for a preset before the skin texture is restored.

59 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

on a purely visual basis, It appears you lost both your skin texture (not only pale but doesn't have the tat) and your makeup. so one place you might look (in addition to the load order, which I've seen m'self in the past...and one reason I'm still stuck on 3BBB v1 instead of migrating to the newer ones) is in racemenu. In addition, your face doesn't look the same. Similar, but different in shape. (upper is a long head, lower is a roundhead)..also I know viewpoint angle has something to do with how the images look - and things hang, but upper image character seems to have a bit more "breast gravity" too.

So.... without knowing more, it *almost looks like there's a Racemenu preset missing from the equation.

Thanks for your response. I agree it seems to be more than just skin texture but I looked at racemenu and it doesn't appear to have any conflicts. (The tat was removed by myself beforehand)

1 hour ago, traison said:

View the conflicts tab of the CBBE mod, it will list everything.

Firstly thanks for help. So it appears that CBBE is overwriting files from Bodyslide and Fair Skin Complexion. I'm pretty sure that previously I downloaded CBBE before those other MODs and perhaps they used to overwrite files from CBBE. Should I uninstall then reinstall those MODS again to overwrite CBBE?

CBBE.PNG

Sort mods by the Priority column, otherwise things get confusing fast (like now). Once you've done that you'll see that CBBE is loaded after Fair Skin Complexion - thus overriding CBBE's files. Swap their places to fix the issue you're having.

41 minutes ago, traison said:

Sort mods by the Priority column, otherwise things get confusing fast (like now). Once you've done that you'll see that CBBE is loaded after Fair Skin Complexion - thus overriding CBBE's files. Swap their places to fix the issue you're having.

This almost worked, I did get the looks and textures back but it has obviously led to other major issues ?

Which version of CBBE should I have? I did previously downgrade my game version to 1.5.97 . I was using CBBE version 1.7.1 and I got these warnings. So (just now) I tried using CBBE 1.6.2 and got the same warnings. My SKSE version is 1.5.97

again thanks for your help. If I don't respond it's because it's pretty late where I am and I may not last long.

CBBE2.PNG

image (1).png

image (2).png

image (3).png

image (4).png

That's an entirely different problem. Your SUM (whatever that is) and/or PapyrusUtils versions are wrong. Just gonna have to go through the mod descriptions again, check the requirements. Also make sure you're actually on 1.5.97; Steam is good at stealth-updates.

Edit: I have PapyrusUtil SE - Scripting Utility Functions-13048-3-9-1580810594 on 1.5.97, but note that it conflicts with SL; so you have to have SL before (above) PapyrusUtils to make sure SL doesn't overwrite it with older files. If in doubt, check conflicts tab of SL again.

Edited by traison
3 hours ago, wayandean said:

Wet option sounds right, but there was no option for it on CBBE.

The Wet option , you can find it in Fair Skin Complexion  Or in any other textures package includes the wet effect . Any type of body , does not possess this effect, being only meshes

Alternatively, there is a mod :   Wet Function Redux SE  Applicable to both men and women 

Spoiler

ScreenShot120.jpg.1050d6f84a45e0abdf9f1e15135a187e.jpg