WW won't create sim pairs or groups when lots of Sims are on the lot

I started playing Sims 4 after a 6 month break.  I updated my game to the latest version 1.96 and updated my mods.  WW v177.2.  I'm not using any WW related mods other than animations and required objects.  I am using MCCC.

Autonomy works fine with joining but WW won't create new sim pairs or groups (none).  I can create pairs/groups manually without issue.  If I kick most of the Sims off the lot it then works.  I've typically had up to 130 Sims on my lot at the same time with all of them doing WW sex.  I double checked all of my settings and can't find the issue.  I noticed some new settings but they don't seem like they would interfere.

I've done all the usual stuff such as deleting the old version of WW and replacing it with the new version.  Deleting localthumbcache.package and log files.  None of my script mods are more then one folder deep.  All aspects of WW work normally except for autonomously creating Sims pairs/groups when more than a few dozen Sims are on the lot.  I've run the ww.fix command at least four times recently.

I'm very experienced with Sims 4 and WW and have used both since release.  I'm scratching my head on this one.

Edited by SkyBarbie
Updated with additional info
31 minutes ago, SkyBarbie said:

I started playing Sims 4 after a 6 month break.

From what follows this little statement in your post, I'd say this might actually be the problem - or rather: the fact that the game changed something important which you might not have noticed.

CAS now has a second set of settings in the gender stuff panel that deals with romantic and sexual preferences, and WW uses this system to determine compatibility between Sims. For me, following the game update this was set to some default values initially for pretty much all of my Sims, regardless of any relationships they were in (not even all married couples were compatible). Needless to say, they all refused to have sex with each other unless "Always Accept" was set to "both bars" and there was zero autonomy happening between them. To fix it, I had to go through all of my households and manually set the preferences to be the way they were with the old system.

If it works with only a handful of Sims, I guess that normally you have too many of them around for WW to find those few matches. Or the new preferences system makes everything so much more complicated that it takes the mod forever to check for matches in the first place. With about 50 or 60 Sims present, the latest public version of WW does its job in my game (never cranked it up much further, because I get heavy performance drops at around 80).

The CAS gender and sexual preferences were correct on the Sims.  I even tried to change 'Gender recognition' to 'physical characteristics/genitalia' which bypasses half of the CAS settings.  Enabling "Always Accept" in the cheats didn't seem to help at all.  The defaults and settings I had before didn't result in matches being made with all the updates.  I had to loosen them up quite a bit.  For example there is a location sample size setting and a sim pairing sample size setting.  The defaults to these are 8 which is suppose to result in better matches, however they resulted in no matches in my case.  I bumped them up to 20 which seemed to help substantially.  The higher the number the less precise the best locations and ideal pairings will be.

Instead of inviting over 80+ Sims and then enabling Autonomy, I enabled Autonomy from the beginning and invited 8 Sims over at a time and they got paired up rapidly.  I still need to test the original scenario but that will be for another day.  I can tell that the scripting is struggling with that many Sims.  The pairings got really slow once I went above 50 Sims on the lot.  6 to 9 months ago I could get up to 130 Sims going at the same time but it doesn't look that this is going to be possible with the newer versions of WW and Sims unless I pair most of them up manually.

Thank you for your response and help!