Life by You. Sims Alternative by Paradox

I'm definitely looking forward to it. I have quite a few PDX games, liked Second Life back in the days (Humble was CEO when I was playing). The Sims 4 needs competition. Also, a bit of a rant:

Spoiler

Fuck EA and their fucking stupid updates. I don't give a shit about fucking toddlers. Now I have to wait weeks before even touching the game because all my mods (basegame is just shite without mods) are broken because... toddlers? Fuck you!11!!11! Put me right of the game for a while.

Edited by FranziskusFelix

It could be really something. I mean I don't know how hard it is to mod the sims 4. I guess there are no official mod tools for it. With the tools announced by the Paradox devs people could make more powerful mods for Life by You without restrictions.

Edited by Pedrosa

Sooner or later, we'll need a Sims killer, and Paradox may actually be able to pull it off, like they did with Sim City and Cities: Skylines. While I try not to expect too much, I love that the Sims franchise is finally getting some much-needed competition. And Paralives as well, for that matter, because all this blind hype for a lot of promises with nothing to back them up was getting tiresome.

That they're focusing so much on customization and moddabilty is a good sign (we ARE on Loverslab here after all, wink wink). Also, this is probably the one case where Paradox's DLC business model may be an improvement over the status quo.

If we're lucky, soon we'll have three Sims-like games in three different sizes and flavors, all with their own strengths and weaknesses. Yes, the modding community will be split, but at least there will be a modding community.

Does the modding community really split? I mean the Sim game from Paradox is the only one with a release date. The other 2 don't have one. So my guess is that modders will check out this game in september. If turns out to be good maybe they stay with it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...