Very specific FPS drop issue?

Hey guys, I spemt hours looking for a similar issue online in case there qas a fix, but couldn't find a similar problem. Skyrim has been running fine at a consistent 60 fps, but lately (I even disabled newer mods in case they caused the problem) fps has been dropping by like 20-30 ONLY during sexlab scenes when the camera was facing a female players genitals. I tried disabling physics for the bodies, etc. but the problem still persisted. Using cbbe 3ba and hdt smp along with cbpc (with proper load orders) if that helps any. Any idea what could be causing the fps to drop in that specific scenario? Mimicking same camera angles outside of a scene causes no fps drop, so I'm thinking it has to either do with the animation itself (unlikely cause all animations cause this) or something specific to sexab. Any general ideas would be appreciated! 

14 hours ago, Aycelist said:

I tried disabling physics for the bodies

This sounds like you edited a config file and removed some entries. In a situation like this I'd disable the dll files for both SMP and CBPC. Probably one by one to see if the issue stems from either of them. Also, use your mod manager to make sure the dlls are not being provided from another mod. While rare, there's been cases where seemingly random mods contain the entire SMP suite when they really shouldn't.

18 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Yikes... any listings of affected mods out there by any chance?

Not that I know of, nor can I name any right now either. I just know I've seen it. Maybe the last one was way back in the LE days. On the other hand, I don't download many mods anymore these days. Most things are self-made or I just basically have everything. Any competent mod manager will be able to point this out however, always inspect the contents of the installed mod (not just the archive). Any texture mod could contain executable code. While I haven't seen viruses in this form yet, there's other ways to cause havoc - such as including the SMP dll, or why not the BodySlide exe.

Also, the reason why I said don't trust the contents of the archive and instead inspect the installed mod directory is that by default MO2 has more than just fomod installers enabled and supported. One of them for instance uses c# I beleve, and if it isn't limited in its access to namespaces it's basically free to do whatever with your system. Though at this point if you suspect a bad actor, inspecting the installed mod directory does not help. I have not seen an installer like this yet though - 99.9999...% is fomod.

Edit: You can disable the installer formats you do not intend to use. If you're paranoid like me you also delete the dll files adding this capability. Only fomod works on my MO2.

Edited by traison
8 hours ago, traison said:

This sounds like you edited a config file and removed some entries. In a situation like this I'd disable the dll files for both SMP and CBPC. Probably one by one to see if the issue stems from either of them. Also, use your mod manager to make sure the dlls are not being provided from another mod. While rare, there's been cases where seemingly random mods contain the entire SMP suite when they really shouldn't.

sorry if this is a basic question, but how would i go about disabling the dll files? would i just disable the mod and delete them from the mod folder?

also, how would i be able to tell if the dlls are being provided from another mod?

using mo2 if that helps any. going to try and follow your suggestions in the meanwhile! 

41 minutes ago, traison said:

Data tab on the right will show you what is currently installed and being used. Make sure the cbpc and smp dlls are not present, after you've disabled both mods.

assuming this is what you mean?

Capture.JPG

also, i just launched the game to test the fps drops again, and they seem to have disappeared after reinstalling cbpc and hdt smp (deleting and then reinstalling instead of reinstalling and replacing files). does this sound like something that could have fixed the problem? also in regards to having edited config files, what do you mean by that? as far as I can remember the only config file I ever messed with was the skyrim config files, but the fps problem started appearing a while after that. thanks for all the help so far btw! Going to launch game again and test to see if the fps drop appears again. 

edit: the problem isn't completely fixed, some animations still caused the weird fps drop, but for others the problem seems to have disappeared. i still don't think its animation specific though, as the general problem persisted before when i tested with disabling animation mods, etc. going to try the dll disabling now! 

edit2: disabling the cbp dll didn't do anything either :/

Edited by Aycelist