I can't dismiss Helgi at the end of Laid To Rest.

I'm pretty sure I know what happened. I was fighting backed up on the rampway in the spider chamber in Morvath's Lair. He had four tough allies with him. I was struggling to stay alive, but I managed to kill Morvath with a spark spell. I was at the end of my resources at that point, so I ran up the ramp, dodged past Helgi, and out into the light to recover.

And then since the quest was prompting me to turn it in to the Jarl, I did that. Job done.

Only, when I went back to clean the place out, Helgi is still there. Worse, she hasn't got any dialogue apart from generic "hello" lines. So I can't have the conversation where she thanks me and vanishes off to the Hereafter, which means she's stuck there.

That wouldn't be so bad, but Alsfur won't sell me the deeds to Windstad Manor - the conversation option isn't there. Ive been named Thane, so that's not the problem, and I'm wondering if the option doesn't appear until Helgi moves on to her final reward.

Anyone have any ideas? I've considered just disabling Helgi's ghost, but I'd sooner do it properly if I can. And I know I can fudge the Morthal Hearthfire quest and get the house that way, but that feels like cheating.

So I'm looking for a way to unstick Helgi. Thoughts, anyone?

Both issues are unrelated, meaning Helgi and Alsfur, though both are probably a manifestation of the same problem.

This may be of no use to you, but.....

I use the Skyrim teens mod and seduce Helgi in the burnt house then recruit her as a follower at th end and park her with other teens in one of the houses as a waiting follower and she seems to be as happy as the AI will allow. TBH  I have NOT dismissed her (Or any follower FTM) though although I have told her that the house is her new home.

This could be of use to you. I also use the Nymph mod occasionally as well as the sassy teens one and  have had the wispmother, fire atronach, spriggan and hargraven sassy teens roaming around outside and never have any problems with the locals.

A bit of overkill to cure the problem but a potential solution.

Hmm... I do have RS Children loaded, just to make the kids look like children rather than stumpy little mutants. I wonder if that's interfering with the quest conditions.

As it stands, Helgi is still haunting Morvath's Lair (or was last time I looked in on her), and I console started the quest to let me buy Windstadt Hall. It's looking like I might have to do the same for Sidgeir, which may or may not lend weight to belegost's diagnosis above.