[Mod][XCL] Bar drugging [0.19]

On 10/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, Make-Use-Of-ME said:

Is modifying the mod to make it Dubiously consensual and posting in this thread or in downloads something that would be ok with you OP? I'd like it for the rapist to sarcastically ask,"Do you mind me fucking that gorgeous body of yours?" and Character answers by saying,"Please use me and use me till I'm pregnant dear sir." while she takes off clothing.

You are of course always free to modify it as you see fit for your own use. Regarding making published changes you would have to make them at an equal pace to keep up with updates to the base mod. It's not a clear recommendation from me that you do this even though version 2.3 is quite stable and there is a bit of an update freeze while I work on another mod. But once I release that I still have to finish the "story" in this and change the rest of the current events into the new event queue system (auction and the base spiking event. The base spiking event also is somewhat raw compared to the others, so there might be some changes there.). So in the future there will be another round of frequent updates.

What would be awesome, however, is if you wrote some events for the event queue with the content that you like. In that way you wouldn't have to update them and they would be easy for everyone to use.

3 hours ago, portinari said:

Hmm this sounds odd. Are you using the normal or the HQ version of bar drug? It's just standard mp4 files but since VLC can play them I assume it's some codec issue. But I haven't heard of any others having that problem.

I tried both ... normal and HQ ... the HQ version shows some petite scenes ...

All files that play have the movie icon ... those not playing hav a document-like icon ...

Why does Windows show files of the same type - mp4 - with different icons in the same folder ?

Do others still run on Win7 ?

My OS is pretty outdated ... so yes ... some codecs might be missing ...

VLC got regular updates ... Mediaplayer did not for a long time ...

Edited by HamUnDo

Hi OP,

i think I found a bug.

I noticed in the spiking scene where first one guy rapes the MC, and then a second guy comes in and pays the first one to use you.

He then asks you what you think happens next and the "right" is pussy, but the scene then progress into a blow job scene.

I got this scene two times by now, and it happened both times.

Also, the first time it happened on a Friday and afterwards the game continued on a Wednesday, but the second time the days where in the correct order.

Maybe you could look into it! :)

1 hour ago, Guffel said:

Hi OP,

i think I found a bug.

I noticed in the spiking scene where first one guy rapes the MC, and then a second guy comes in and pays the first one to use you.

He then asks you what you think happens next and the "right" is pussy, but the scene then progress into a blow job scene.

I got this scene two times by now, and it happened both times.

Also, the first time it happened on a Friday and afterwards the game continued on a Wednesday, but the second time the days where in the correct order.

Maybe you could look into it! :)

Regarding the first thing that is very much explained during the event. He makes you 'choose' then says something about sloppy seconds and goes for your mouth instead anyway.

I'm not sure what you mean by the second part regarding days?

Edited by portinari
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, anezka33 said:

I found a conflict with another popular mod:

HGH Side Effect: Conflicts with bardrug 2.4 hq.zip on [bar drug backroom insert].

By it's very nature Bar Drug does not conflict with any other mod (as stated under the installation notes). However I can't take responsibility for what other modders do. That is most likely due to HGH wanting to overwrite a passage in bar drug.

Also the error says it HGH that conflicts. Not bar drug. However this is due to HGH using the _around tag which is one way to add stuff. I think you can safely ignore this conflict message.

Edited by portinari
  • 3 months later...

Is there a way to achieve more comprehensive compatibility with the vanilla game's stat tracking? For example, there are inconsistencies between this mod's sexual interactions and various stats like "Vaginal sex as a girl" and "Blowjobs given." Big picture, it's not a huge deal. It only bothers nitpickers like me, ha.

On 10/19/2023 at 8:01 AM, HamUnDo said:

I tried both ... normal and HQ ... the HQ version shows some petite scenes ...

All files that play have the movie icon ... those not playing hav a document-like icon ...

Why does Windows show files of the same type - mp4 - with different icons in the same folder ?

Do others still run on Win7 ?

My OS is pretty outdated ... so yes ... some codecs might be missing ...

VLC got regular updates ... Mediaplayer did not for a long time ...

It's not exactly codec issue. I'm suppose you using Firefox which use microsoft media foundation api for playing videos, and such api using own codecs which you can't update. As result window 7 and 8.1 supports up to 5.1 mp4 profile level. But most of videos was encoded in 5.2 profile level. So you can encode that videos with another profile level or change browser which support not native system codecs.

EDIT 2:

Scratch everything I wrote, I just read that setting the mod to "more spikings" does indeed skip the need to actually drink anything.

Consider this report invalid.

The spiking occurs even if you do not drink anything in the bar and go there just to play cards or chat. The rape scene triggers when trying to leave the bar.

Should probably not be the case if I never had any drink on that particular evening.

EDIT:

I had the scene trigger as I just entered the bar, without having a chance to do anything else, least grabbing a drink. This, and the isse described above happens on "More spikings" setting, not sure of that is relevant though. I've not had the chance to play long enough with regular setting to verify.

Edited by belegost