Prison Mod (updated and revised) 0.3

Prison Mod v0.3a & v0.3b - Go directly to jail.zip

Disclaimer: I AM NOT THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR of this mod!!! I have been unable to contact him through the tesnexus forums, so if he objects to the changes I have made, I will remove this mod from all places it gets uploaded to.

What this mod does is to force you to wait around for a while when you are arrested until you are allowed to sleep and serve your time or until you can attempt to pick the lock and escape. The version by the original author, TLBTLBTLB, did this to start with. The more recent changes were to fix it so when you attempt to pay your fine, the guards tell you that they can't take fines any more and you get sent to jail anyhow. Also changed were the weight and value of the prison clothes.

This zip file includes two versions. Version 0.3a includes weightless and valueless prison clothes (only the ones where you get sent to jail, not the starter clothes). Version 0.3b (my modifications) removes the prison clothes when you are sent to jail, so you end up standing around in your skin. ONLY run one version, not both!

Download Populated Prisons from tesnexus and run it with this. Then, when you run those two mods along with Joburg (for 0.3a) or LandE (for 0.3b) prison becomes a lot more interesting... For this to work with LandE, you need to change the LandE item "proof of devil worship" to a no drop item, or use the "charm trinket" version on page 10 of that thread.

This mod, by itself, is not an adult mod, but is listed here because version 0.3b removes the prison clothes. Because of this, version 0.3b will not be uploaded anywhere else.

From the Readme:

--------------

NAME: Prison Mod

VERSION: 0.3a

DATE: 11/06/2011

CATEGORY: Miscellaneous

AUTHOR(s): TLBTLBTLB and Lanthirion

ORIGINAL SOURCE: www.tesnexus.com

Description

===========

This version of the Prison Mod has been edited to change the clothes you get in jail (only when you are sent to prison, not the ones from the beginning of the game) to be weightless and valueless. It always broke the immersion for me to be sent to jail for stealing and get back out with something you could sell for several gold. The other change I made to the original mod was to edit the pay fine dialog to inform you that the guards aren't allowed to accept fines anymore. I loved the original version of this mod as it was, but was disappointed when I found that it was still possible to just pay the fine and avoid the jail time. This fixes that issue. It is still possible to resist arrest, but PLEASE NOTE that this means ANY ATTEMPT TO PAY YOUR FINES WILL RESULT IN GOING DIRECTLY TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200!!!!! You may have noticed that a sound folder is included with this mod. The sound files are simply blank files to prevent the guards from saying the original dialog when you get the new text. If you do not wish to play with these features, use the original version of this mod (version 0.2), found at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12045 , instead of this version.

The other features of this mod are still the same. Many beds in the jails have been changed to bedrolls to make it look less nice. When you are sent to jail, you cannot attempt to escape, as the door is not pickable, and cannot be opened with the unlock door console cheat, either. If you wish to attempt escape, you will have to wait until the time is almost up and you receive the message that you may now sleep to serve your jail time. At that point, if you really want to escape, the door should again be pickable. You WILL need to wait for the required amount of time to pass before you can sleep and get out (or escape). THIEVES BEWARE: The doors are NOT pickable while you are doing time! You can NOT open the doors early with console cheats!

The in-game pop up boxes will tell you that you have earned a number of days in jail, but the actual time spent waiting is far less than that. This is a known feature from the 0.2 version of the mod, and is something I haven't investigated changing. The actual time spent waiting, before you are allowed to sleep and serve your time or escape, is as follows:

Bounty 1 - 500 = appr. 2 game hours in jail.

Bounty 500 - 1500 = appr. 3 game hours in jail.

Bounty 1500 ++ = appr. 4 game hours in jail.

1 minute real time = 30 minutes game time with the vanilla settings for time.

Known Issues

============

The guards still give you the speech about paying the fine or going to jail when they first catch you. They only tell you they can't accept fines anymore after you try to pay the fine. I elected to leave it this way because changing it would have removed more of the original sound than I was willing to part with.

Recommended Mods

================

I HIGHLY recommend using Bashed Patch from Wrye Bash, as it will allow you to change the settings (under the Tweak Settings check box) for the cost for some crimes (decreasing the amount of fines should theoretically decrease the required wait time in some cases, and vice versa). Bashed patch can also be used to change the Crime Alarm distance (the distance within which guards will come running).

Also recommended is the mod Populated Prisons (to add other prisoners) which can be found at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=25232 . When you do go to prison, it adds greatly to the interest factor.

My initial tests seem to indicate that this mod will also run with the fixed and updated version of Jail Shackles, found at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28959 . Jail Shackles makes it so that if you do escape from jail after waiting for the time to expire, you will have the additional problem of how to remove the shackles you are wearing.

I have included blank sound files with this mod, to keep the guards from saying the original dialog when you get the new text, but it should be noted here that I also use Elys Universal Silent Voice ( http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16622 ), and this mod HAS NOT been tested without it! If the text goes by too fast to use, then I recommend that mod to fix the problem.

Known Conflicts

===============

This mod conflicts with M.O.E. Realistic Law Enforcement part 2, as some of the scripts in that mod overwrite the changes to the pay fine option.

Installation

============

This mod REPLACES the original Prison Mod version 0.2. DO NOT run both mods at the same time, as they will conflict with each other! ONLY use one or the other! The original 0.2 version is NOT required to run this version, although this mod has a different name than the original. If updating from that version, BE SURE you disable the 0.2 version before you attempt to use this mod!

To install, extract the files to a temporary location and copy the .esp and the sound folder (which contains blank sound files to fix the guards for the pay fines dialog) to your oblivion/data folder. Then start the Oblivion launcher, click "data files" and put a check mark beside the .esp.

Uninstall

=========

Make a save where you are NOT in jail. Then exit out of the game, start the Oblivion launcher, click "data files" and remove the check mark beside the .esp. The mod should then be safe to delete.

Credits

=======

The original author of this mod is TLBTLBTLB. The only changes made by Test1 were the weight and value of the jail clothes, plus changing the pay fine dialog to send you to jail instead.

=========================================================================================================

Original Readme

===============

Name: Prison Mod

Version: 0.2

Date: 7/17/2007

Category: Miscellaneous

Author(s): TLBTLBTLB

Source: http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=12045

Description

===========

When you get arrested, you will have to spend some time in jail. You can no longer just sleep and leave!

Details

=======

I thought it was unrealistic that when you get arrested you can just sleep and you are out. With this mod you will have to spend some time in jail, depending on your bounty. This will make you think twice about commiting a crime and getting arrested for it! Thiefs and criminals beware! While you are "doing time", you can't even try to escape. Not even the console cheats will help you! I also replaced some beds that were in some prison cells with bedrolls. I've never seen a prison that had nice beds in it! The only bed I didn't replace is one in Skingrad that belongs to a quest.

Bounty 1 - 500 = appr. 2 game hours in jail.

Bounty 500 - 1500 = appr. 3 game hours in jail.

Bounty 1500 ++ = appr. 4 game hours in jail.

I know the time in jail isn't really that much, but atleast it will bug you knowing that you could be doing something more productive with your time. You can also change it in the CS to be longer or shorter if you want.

Install

=======

1. Extract the files to a temporary location.

2. Examine the folder structure and make corrections where necessary.

3. Copy files to (install folder)\Oblivion\Data\

4. Start Oblivion Launcher, click 'Data Files', place a checkmark beside the .esp file(s).

Uninstall

=========

1. Start Oblivion Launcher, click Data Files, uncheck the .esp file(s).

2. Delete the _Prison_Mod_(TLB) v0.2.esp from the Oblivion Data folder.

Upgrade

=======

v0.2 is the current version. If you have v0.1 of this mod installed, you need to replace it with v0.2. Just delete the old version and install the new one. If you decide to keep the old version in your data folder for some reason, DO NOT run it together with the new version. It will cause conflicts!

Incompatibility

===============

Any mod that alters the prison PC cell doors and bedrolls will conflict with this mod. I don't know of any that do this as of creating this mod. It should work fine with all others.

Known Issues or Bugs

====================

None

History

=======

v0.1, 7/8/2007 - Initial release.

v0.2, 7/17/2008 - Minor improvements and bug fixes.

ChangeLog

==========

v0.2

-Made the jail sentences a little longer than in previous version.

-Added messages to let you know when your jail sentence is up.

-Added game days to the sentences (When you get out of jail, the game days that your sentence carries have actually passed).

-Fixed a bug that would allow you to activate the prison doors and beds normally if you ran up to them quick enough.

-Fixed the 500 - 1500 bounty sentence (wasn't working properly).

Contact

=======

You can find me on TESSource.net as 'TLBTLBTLB'

Credits

=======

Thanks to Bethesda for creating Oblivion and the CS.

Thanks to TESSource.net for the a one-stop-shop resource for authors and players.

Thanks to lhammonds for the Readme Generator this file was based on.

Thanks to God for creating us all.

Tools Used

==========

TES Construction Set - http://www.theelderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm

Readme Generator - http://lhammonds.game-host.org/obmm/tools_readme_generator1.asp

Licensing/Legal

===============

You can do whatever you want with this mod but all I ask in return is that

you give me credit if you distribute any part of this mod.

No problem. Be sure to download Populated Prisons seperately from tesnexus and run it with this, or this won't be very interesting. :P

Edit: It should be interesting to see what happens when you run it with loverstruecrime. That is one I haven't tested it with, since it is reported to be mostly for female characters, and I usually play male characters.

• 2 months later...

I neglected to mention that for version 0.3b to work with LandE, you need to change the LandE item "proof of devil worship" to a no drop item, or download the "charm trinket" version (edited by me) on page 10 of the LandE thread.. For some reason, it doesn't work without that item in your inventory.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Download Populated Prisons from tesnexus and run it with this. Then, when you run those two mods along with Joburg (for 0.3a) or LandE (for 0.3b) prison becomes a lot more interesting... For this to work with LandE, you need to change the LandE item "proof of devil worship" to a no drop item, or use the "charm trinket" version on page 10 of that thread.

Amazing!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I can already imagine what it will became! Download it now!

It's like Player Slave Encounter scenario.

Amazing!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I can already imagine what it will became! Download it now!

It's like Player Slave Encounter scenario.

lol going to test that one xD

Going to jail on purpose xD