B & B NPC Replacer SE

This my English translation of the popular Korean B&B (Beauty & Brilliant) NPC. Previously only found only on gall.dcinside and arca.live, I just translated them to English and uploaded them to here.

The mod completely changes the appearance of 126 female NPCs and makes them look like something out of Lost Ark or Black Desert Online. 

[NPCS Koreaned]
Bryling, Elenwen, Elisif the Fair, Endarie, Victtoria Vici, Gisli, Illdi, Lisette, Sayma, Pantea Ateia, Rikke, Silana Petreia, Sybille Stentor, Taarie, Una, Vivienne Onis, Alessandra, Dinya Balu, Haelga, Ingun Black-Briar, Marise Aravel, Maven Black-Briar, Mjoll the Lioness, Nivenor, Svana Far-Shield, Ghorza gra-Bagol, Lisbet, Sigrid, Delphine, Camilla Valerius, Gerdur, Idgrod the Younger, Jonna, Annekke Crag-Jumper, Lynly Star-Sung, Boti, Fastred, Arob, Gharol, Shel, Saffir, Carlotta Valentia, Olfina Gray-Mane, Saadia, Hulda, Arcadia, Danica Pure-Spring, Ysolda, Alfhild Battle-Born, Irileth, Adrianne Avenicci, Ahlam, Voldsea Giryon, Adelaisa Vendicci, Hillevi Cruel-Sea, Jora, Silda the Unseen, Suvaris Atheron, Niranye, Arivanya, Elda Early-Dawn, Nilsine Shatter-Shield, Hermir Strong-Heart, Ugor, Garakh, Nocturnal, Aela the Huntress, Ria, Njada Stonearm, Urog, Karliah, Astrid, Gabriella, Birna, Brelyna Maryon, Faralda, Nirya, Mirabelle Ervine, Vex, Fjotra, Aranea Ienith, Nimriel, Gwendolyn, Leonara Arius, Illia, Temba Wide-Arm, Brelas, Uthgerd the Unbroken, Margret, Argis the Bulwark, Lydia, Jordis the Sword-Maiden, Iona, Tonilla, Jenassa, Sapphire, Sylgja, Dulug, Ghak, Serana, Fura Bloodmouth, Salonia Caelia, Sorine Jurard, Valerica, Galathil, Modhna, Ingjard, Beleval, Rayya, Valdimar, Gregor, Llewellyn the Nightingale, Sonir, Oriella, Varona Nelas, Frea, Aphia Velothi, Cindiri Arano, Tilisu Severin, Mirri Severin, Dreyla Alor, Milore Ienth, Bralsa Drel

[Requirements]
Should be compatible with any version of Skyrim SE and AE
Requires SG 350 Hair Pack (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to upload the file here, it apparently has gotten into trouble with copyrighted content)
If any NPCs have purple or blank eyes, try installing Eyes of Beauty

[Credits]
All credits go to the original author (00) and porter (sunny day 화사한날씨) for their amazing work!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/02/2023
  • Category
  • Requires
    SG 350 Hair Pack
  • Regular Edition Compatible

Ye, I didn't post the the hair pack because it apparently contains copyrighted content. When I tried posting it on nexus it got pulled because of this, and likely the same would happen if I did it here. The hair pack is out there, especially if you look on Korean or Chinese mod sites. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience. 

Verzus Thank you for both the translation and conversion.

Not certain that my PC can handle any more mods and especially NPC and hair mods but I will give it a try.

dtnam2705 many thanks for the hair mod  conversion.

Edited by Will55

In theory the lack of an esp makes things easier. But, in fact, it makes things harder as the mod will dominate all other NPC replacer mods as it has no load order.

I am not capable of making a "dummy esp" to force this mod to precede other mods which I quite like so that I can pick and choose which mod does what to each NPC.

So, a suggestion: could the mod converter somehow add a dummy esl/esp to the mod to allow a priority choice?

2 hours ago, Will55 said:

In theory the lack of an esp makes things easier. But, in fact, it makes things harder as the mod will dominate all other NPC replacer mods as it has no load order.

I am not capable of making a "dummy esp" to force this mod to precede other mods which I quite like so that I can pick and choose which mod does what to each NPC.

So, a suggestion: could the mod converter somehow add a dummy esl/esp to the mod to allow a priority choice?

If you are a vortex user, you can prioritize individual faces...for example, I use Metalsaber's orcs on some of my orc npc's (specifically, the older orc fems), and this mod for others...it just requires a little Google-Fu to see which facegeom .nif goes with which npc.  I would set Metalsaber's mod to overwrite this mod, but then go into the little conflict lightning bolt on the mods page, find the file that is overwriting the other, and click the link that says (xx conflicting file), and an 'edit individual files' option will appear.  From there, just select the facegeom .nif and its corresponding texture .dds from the overwritten mod (this mod) and make it load AFTER the overwriting mod (Metalsaber's mod in this instance).   It sounds really complicated, but it really isn't, rather, it just takes a little time.

On 3/12/2023 at 1:53 AM, Thndrwlkr said:

If you are a vortex user, you can prioritize individual faces...for example, I use Metalsaber's orcs on some of my orc npc's (specifically, the older orc fems), and this mod for others...it just requires a little Google-Fu to see which facegeom .nif goes with which npc.  I would set Metalsaber's mod to overwrite this mod, but then go into the little conflict lightning bolt on the mods page, find the file that is overwriting the other, and click the link that says (xx conflicting file), and an 'edit individual files' option will appear.  From there, just select the facegeom .nif and its corresponding texture .dds from the overwritten mod (this mod) and make it load AFTER the overwriting mod (Metalsaber's mod in this instance).   It sounds really complicated, but it really isn't, rather, it just takes a little time.

Thank you for that effort. But I have had bad experiences with Vortex and stick with MO2. I think that I might give B & B a run as is in my next playthrough, using it as a new vanilla baseline for NPC faces, and then superimposing my usual mods if required. But, quite honestly, I am already  boggling over the NPC female looks that I am finding everywhere in this run as so many are absolutely beautiful.

Edited by Will55
19 hours ago, Will55 said:

Thank you for that effort. But I have had bad experiences with Vortex and stick with MO2. I think that I might give B & B a run as is in my next playthrough, using it as a new vanilla baseline for NPC faces, and then superimposing my usual mods if required. But, quite honestly, I am aleady  boggling over the NPC female looks that I am finding everywhere in this run as so many are absolutely beautiful.

iirc, you should be able to do something very similar with MO2, when you go into the conflict resolution screen (this feature is where the Vortex feature comes from, after all), but don't take my word for it, as I haven't used MO2 for nearly five years. 

3 hours ago, Thndrwlkr said:

iirc, you should be able to do something very similar with MO2, when you go into the conflict resolution screen (this feature is where the Vortex feature comes from, after all), but don't take my word for it, as I haven't used MO2 for nearly five years. 

Thank You. I will check this. 

A little OT but still relevant to the general POV:

despite being on the side of the imperials always (Ulfrica is a Thalmor pawn but makes a good hooker) I always target every thalmor patrol.

So I always have a load of fugly thalmor female slaves. But not all are so as Deadly Wenches improves some of them.

But still a real makeover of arrogant thalmor female faces is long over due by someone with the talent to do so.

Does B & B help this out? TBH most Asian female face mods  fro SSE  seem to dodge the elves and many HEs and WEs are just plain ugly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...