3BA how I enable belly bulge and breasts reacting to clothing physics, but keep good performance?

So I am using 3BA. I searched, google, and so on, but found no definite explanation, specially because of the recent-ish release of the "fast physics" for AE. (I am using GOG SE, that counts as AE).

Also I am totally new to Skyrim... so...

1. What are the correct install procedure? including install order and what to do in Bodyslide (I heard I need to build outfits presets separately? build some parts for some physics and others for another physics? need to somehow build collision meshes???)

2. What are correct configuration?

And the goal is:

Have a character with huge boobs squished by her clothes, then see her getting fucked by some ginormous huge dick, and see that dick stretch open the holes and create a belly bulge, and have stable framerate, don't need to spam SMP reset, and don't have my character go flying and other weirness happen whenever a DD that has a chain attached spawns.

Better if I can do all that in a wya that player and NPCs can look different. (I am right now using autobody https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/61321 but struggling a bit in making it behave as I want...)

In answer to your Bodyslide question

Visually, characters (and items like armor, clothing, and weapons) have a skeleton, a mesh (think wireframe model)  that defines their shape and is suspended off the skeleton (figuratively), and textures (skin, cloth, etc) which are applied onto the item (or body) mesh

Bodyslide generates meshes for a clothing, armor, jewelry, etc (or nekkid, or never nekkid body part) by calling a reference mesh (the outfit/body), and a set of instructions (called the preset) for reshaping the reference mesh provided by a given item or body part

A Bodyslide preset is a body definition (UUNP, CBBE Curvy, SevnBase., etc) and is always based on a body.

So then, anything "fitted" to the selected preset (body definition)  will conform to the preset's bounds. (ideally). we then Build that item or body, which applies the preset (instructions) to the mesh (wire frame 3d model) that will be used in the game. For added value, it also can generate "tri files" which are Racemenu definition files. Generating the tri files (In  Bodyslide, we check the "Build Morphs " checkbox to also generate tri files for the mesh elements we're fitting. 

ex: building the basic naked body

So you simply pick the body Preset you want to use for an applicable character (for newbies I'd stick with the player) using the Preset dropdown.

You'll see choices like "CBBE Curvy" or "Athletic", or "Himbo" or "Petite" or "glam model" ... which are of course names for different basic body shapes.

One thing of concern, Make sure the Preset is made for the body type you are gong to use. they must match or very damgn close to a perfect match. 

Then you pick the body element you want to reshape to the character, (body, hands and feet, for a newbie, one at a time please) using the Body/Outfit dropdown. There are lots and lots of entries here. too many to name.

(in this case, we want a body (either naked or never-naked) that matches the body type we chose to install, CBBE< CBBE-3BA, BHUNP etc) 

Now, click the Preview button to open a preview panel. (at this point you could tweak the various sliders to reshape your body for a custom, but for now, leave well enough alone. you can come back to it later) 

Then you check the Build Morphs checkbox,

• If you installed the game using defaults, you can then just click Build (I think with the new Bodyslide you also have to check some other check box too) and the item will be re-meshed and sent to which ever folder it's meant to go to.
  • If you installed the game using alternate folders or drives, you'll need to consult with the help that the kind folks who produced Bodyslide & Outfit Studio and read the documentation on their mod page to properly route the built resources.

You can also tweak the preset to your liking, then save that preset as a custom preset, for instance, your player name is Harriet, so you tweak some basic preset and save a Custom Preset specifically for her body, conveniently named Harriet. That way, you can use it later on to fit other things to her body. (could be Jack or Bob instead, but whatever. hopefully you get the point)  And you'll never be confused where anything associate with her body came from too  (which can become an issue down the road once you're building not only player resources but other NPCs)

In fact, I'd highly advise you to save your custom presets. Trust me, I've been playing for a three years, and I have no idea which preset I used to create the VERY custom body that my main player is using/referencing. Because like an ass, I failed to save it.  One file, the body mesh, is unique and I have no idea how to recreate its original Bodyslide preset without hours and hours of hair pulling tedium. Don't be me ;)

best of luck

And btw, once you've done one or two "Fitting and Builds" , this whole gd  rambling document compresses into the equivalent of riding a bike. ya know? 

Edited by anjenthedog
I should be done fixing and tweaking and clarifying now.. Ok, now I am. no seriously, now I am.

In answer to keeping performance

don't install every 4k and 8k texture set possible. It looks gorgeous, but it can really kill performance.

don't try to have everyone and everything fully SMP all the time

Basically, don't over-tax your system. that's about all I can offer.

> (I am using GOG SE, that counts as AE)

>

> Also I am totally new to Skyrim... so...

God of curses, hear my prayer! Lord of the betrayed, give me strength!

Keeper of the grudge, harden my heart!

Holder of broken promises, ignite my anguish!

Master of the sworn oath, grant me the ferocity to overcome my enemies!

O Malacath! Hear my prayer!

1. no you install both physics, then you set up a MCM hotkey to toggle both you, and NPCs under your crosshair, and you can configure how many NPCs to keep track of having physics enabled, so you can regulate... DD is a great example. You enter Halls of the Dead and there's what 48 of them in one cell? Turn on FasterSMP globally. What's the framerate? Also are you technical? Did you set it up properly, are you using the proper AVX/CUDA edition for your CPU/GPU? Get this wrong and you're getting non-accelerated support, might as well use only CBPC.

2. Way too vague!! You mean AB alone? You mean ALL of SL? You mean every installed mod!?!? We can discuss your AutoBody config and things like SPID (spell Perk Item Dist) to make a more unique-y Skyrim, but give us details. What you want it to do, what it's actually doing, what you did to get it to that stage, etc.

But I have 3 bits of advice for you:

[1]

Dude. Next time Steam version goes on sale, just get it. I love CDPR/GoG too, but I do not want to waste time fighting the current to swim upstream, just to die, my fellow salmon.

It's just the way of things. Maybe one day. But if you don't want to wait? What's $20 or whatever? Just do it. Having 2 is actually good, you can do two completely different mod loadouts and have them run simultaneously. It's not a bad thing, I promise!

A good ~40% do not work, and at least ~20% will *never* work, due to certain behaviours; abandoned but still popular mods without public source, Script Extender mods that do not use Address Library that will constantly break every single time the binary they're hooking into (every version!) is recompiled, since the address changes. And lastly one that will take social engineering to overcome - there are opinionated mod makers that only support the Steam version, because. Steam or nothing. Same reason some will only release on their own servers, a discord, here on LL, on nexusmods, etc. They are the creators and maintainers. You can whine and bitch about it if that makes you feel better, but if there's dozens/hundreds of mods you want to use that do not support GoG edition? What are your options, besides whining? Put the Steam version on your watchlist and get it when it's on sale.

You know some of the terminology and mods already for someone just starting, so that's good... you're researching and learning. I think trai grossly underestimated the time commitment, it will depend on if you're technical or not... six months, at an hour a day or so, so it's constantly on your mind? Maybe. But if you only have time on weekends? And you're not technical? (can you read .xml/.json, can you code, are you familiar with DirectX terms, 3D modeling terms, do you ever open eventvwr to read logs what your box is doing... or is your idea of being technical blindly installing every Windows Update without even reading what it's for?)

Three years. Maybe less. Maybe.

[2]

I would highly suggest you follow known install guide(s) to get yourself heavily-modded and sexified Skyrim, and then read every single mod description and such, long before considering adding it to your mix. Most are easy and happily get along, some are a nightmare, others are such a nightmare they break themselves and other mods, if you sneeze too loudly. Knowing in advance will save you -- countless -- hours.

[3]

BACKUPS! Incremental backups at the volume or system level are required for daily damn life, and if you don't have any backups at all - pause right now and think about how you'd feel if I set your computer on fire. Or smashed the SSDs/HDDs with a sledgehammer. Online backups are only as good as your last monthly payment. Get a local drive that's external and detachable, the biggest and fastest you can afford.

Good. Now on top of that, learn how to use File History, and again, I'd suggest getting a dedicated backup USB-C 3.2/3.1, at least 100-120Mb/sec, or if money's burning a hole in your pocket, a dual 2Tb SSD, lightning fast... you can get 4 to 5Tb little 2.5" ones that'll fit in your pocket for about $100usd. It's a no-brainer. Then when you screw up your mod installer, your game, your downloads, whatever? It's a simple file rollback... just being able to go back to a bunch of different versions of Plugins.txt will save your game time a lot.

Many a Skyrim mod user expects to get home and play... only to spend the rest of the night rebuilding bodies they overwrote, fixing dark face/hands/feet textures, basic simple stuff (once you understand what you did), but it's still got to be done, and it's still time consuming. Restoring a few files? Seconds.

Actually this should be #1. :exclamation:

Remember what I said about the Steam version.

forgot a couple more things to think about for maintaining performance

Be careful when using ENBs (if GOG supports them idk) . They can take large amounts of resources. They're not "bad" per say, but just be careful

Some ini settings and so forth can offer the ability to increase the number of creatures/people in skyrim. Be careful here too. Too many NPCs can slow performance.

Again, don't over tax your system.