Looking to edit NPCs to change their race and faces.

Jello47

Hi everyone.

I'm wondering what would be the best way to go about editing NPCs. I'm curious as to whether using the Skyrim NPC editor or the Creation Kit would be the better choice. I want to change the races (and naturally, the faces) of a couple of NPCs but I want to change their races to the Ashen race (and the Monli race for Braith and Babette) and I want to use the Apachii hairs for their hairstyles. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

NPC editor has never given any love to me.

Creation Kit is at least tolerable. Just remember to move/rename the d3d9.dll file that you normally have when using ENB, or else CK won't even start.

Why ? it's quite easy to use imo, once I've made a really pretty Aela

Make a character in-game how you want the npc to look then open console and type:

spf "file name here"

Then you open up the creation kit and open the actor you want to edit then go to uh... something about their face parts or something, then click the Import button then find that *.npc file that you just saved from in-game then once you did that then they'll have that face. Then you hit ok then save the esp then click on them and do ctrl+f4 to export their facegen data.

Archived