door latch glitch

59 minutes ago, LenAnderson said:

Did you try shooting it? Although that may also only work if it is still properly closed.

Don't know if "unlock" in the console works on these. Otherwise "disable" followed by "markfordelete" should do the trick.

The first time the door is closed, the bolts can be opened normally. However, when I come back, the door is still open, but the bolts are in front of it. I noticed it in the garage complex south of DC and in the clinic north of DC. And in the hall directly behind DC, where you get into the tunnel system. Which can only be reached via the railway carriages as long as you cannot go through the door. So 3 doors, surely there are more.
Unfortunately, this means that the entrances are blocked.
However, I will run your command and report back.

2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

The first time the door is closed, the bolts can be opened normally. However, when I come back, the door is still open, but the bolts are in front of it. I noticed it in the garage complex south of DC and in the clinic north of DC. And in the hall directly behind DC, where you get into the tunnel system. Which can only be reached via the railway carriages as long as you cannot go through the door. So 3 doors, surely there are more.
Unfortunately, this means that the entrances are blocked.
However, I will run your command and report back.

I think it's possibly behaving correctly aside from the glitched graphic showing the door being open.

The latching bar is on the opposite side from you in the view so should only be unlockable from that side, not the side you are facing (hope that makes sense). It's probably had a cell reset and the graphic has glitched.

You could also use console command TCL to pass through btw.

EDIT: Is that the shed near the East/West Mass Turnpike tunnel? From memory you have to jump up onto the lower roof to drop down inside (assuming it is). You can also get in from the Turnpike tunnel if you clear out the Ghouls

Edited by Slorm
2 hours ago, Slorm said:

IIs that the shed near the East/West Mass Turnpike tunnel? From memory you have to jump up onto the lower roof to drop down inside (assuming it is). You can also get in from the Turnpike tunnel if you clear out the Ghouls

Correct. I'd like to try again.

I do remember from the previous run though, that in the garage complex - I can't remember the name now, but that's the one when you leave DC north, past the vendor, through the village with the two bears and then down the hill - with the ghouls, dozens of traps and at the end two cells with loot, of which you can only choose one. There is a door with a latch on one of the upper floors that leads to a spiral stone staircase. I've been to her several times, also from the inside via the multi-storey car park. The door was then closed, can be opened, but the bolts are just dead.

There are a few posts on YT about this, so few, that I'm hoping for a solution.

I'll go back into the tunnels and report back.

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

I'll go back into the tunnels and report back.

Throw a grenade or shoot it with an explosive weapon (the latter is preferred). IF it's actually barred it will open the bars. You can do that even on normal barred doors from the wrong side. ie; Kendall hospital, open the barred door from the outside to allow access to the lower level.

Shotgun shots didn't do anything except SM-growl "Stupid noise". :)

Unfortunately, the use of a grenade did not open the bolt either.

Unlock didn't work either, but with disable I can get through if necessary.
Thank you for your help.

I take it that the missing door bolts don't have any negative impact on the rest of the game, right? Some deleted items are said to be problematic, I read.
I've never made it to the end of the game, so I don't know for sure.

Edited by deathmorph